Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.08.04 version, PBEM game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.08.04 version, PBEM game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.08.04... - 7/5/2016 5:13:11 PM   
mktours

Hi, I am considering starting a new campaign as Axis to wrap up my Wite game experience, the reasons for me to choose 1.08.04 version are as follows:
(1)The new feature in post 1.08.04 versions that 80 morale units only need 2 MP to run in enemy zone is basically wrong and I believe that it sway the game balance too much towards in favor of Germany side, I believe good players could easily see this and since I am looking for a good player, I don’t need to explain in detail.
(2)To be frank, I don’t trust the part time work of Movael, I could see that he disagree with many key issues of the original GG’s WITE and he modified many codes, some were good improvements, many were not. That is just my personal judgement, and of course, the judgement of me might be wrong. I played two big campaign in 1.08.04 and my knowledge of the game stayed there, I don’t want to study the new rules post 1.08.04.
I understand that this is not an appealing game proposal since it insisting on a old game version, but I am living a busy life and therefore doing a campaign isn’t an urgent need to me. If I could find a satisfying opponent, I would be happy to play the game, if I could not find one, it is also fine.
I would offer very generous game settings and House rules to your side, in the hope that we could experience a more historical like game, hopefully it could go all the way to defending Berlin:
Game setting:
(1)1941-1945 full campaign (I would do a probably much better opening than normal Lvov, so full Campaign give Soviet side more strategy space)
(2)Full FOW
(3)Lock HQ support
(4) Non-random Weather
(5) Regular Blizzard
(6) Soviet player bonus: attack+1
House rules:
(1) No HQ build up
(2) Every transport planes could only fly 1 mission per turn
(3)Airbases (including German army airbase) could only move at the end of each turn, after all air missions have been finished.
Reason: currently, the airbases are serving as land aircraft-carrier which is a fancy even Today. In reality, an airbase needs 1-2 weeks to be established before it could function properly.
(4) Airbases (including German army airbase) could not enter newly conquer & converted hexes in the current turn. It could only enter those hexes which are already under friendly controlled at the start of one’s turn. If a pocket has been open in the turn, then the airbase could move into the pocket that turn.
(5) )After a unit received air-drop supply & fuel, it must stop moving that turn.
(6) No Paratrooper dropping
(7) No airfield bombing after T1.
(8) No bombing on HQs. There is only one situation that a hex containing a HQ could be bombed: the HQ is stacking with a ground unit and the unit is to be ground-attacked in the same turn. In other words, if the hex would not be ground attacked in that turn, then it should not be Ground unit bombed
Reason: To protect leaders and SUs
(9) )No more than 3 ground unit bombing against one hex per turn
(10) No more than 3 bombing at each city & port per turn.
(11) No more than 5 ground attacks against one hex per turn
All the game settings and house rules are having good reasons. If you have different ideas about them, you are welcome to offer your views and I would explain.
It is a old version, so it is a PBEM game, not a sever game, so please be aware of it. I see some players are in favor of server games, but my preference is different, I didn’t see PBEM games as inferior to server games, rather, I see them as both fair to both sides, it is nothing but one’s preference.
It is not a first come, first take it game proposal, I would like the two players have a good discussion before we start the game. Also, I would only consider those reply formally to this thread, so anyone interested, please reply formally to this thread.
I don’t view playing this game as a process to decide which player is better than the other; rather, I view it as the two people experiencing the game together, trying to offer his best strategy. I have only one goal in playing the game: learning something which is beneficial for my real life.
In my opinion, Wite is so huge that it could never be a perfectly balance game, often it favors towards one side, or the other, so it is not an ideal platform to decide which player is better. Also, it could not be perfectly representing the history; therefore, it might be better to focus on what we could enjoy than on complaining its shortcomings. But a mutual understanding between both players is helpful.
I have done 3 AAR
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3381109
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3487083
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3890124
I hope you could have a check of them, especially the last AAR, as I would do probably the same opening, I hope you could study the opening carefully and work out your best reaction ( I have some thoughts against that opening and I would like to see how you react). I won all my Axis games before T15, so you need to be both good at Axis (allow you to know what good axis could do) and Soviet to defend my 1941 offense. I don’t believe someone who claimed only good at Soviet could really do well.
I encourage my opponent to reload to cancel unexpected bad luck held results, and perfect your turn, to me, the better you could offer your turn, the better.
I live a busy life, work in week days and need to share some time with my family, so I prefer 1-2 turns a week, but I will always keep you informed of when I could deliver my turn and try to do my turn as quickly as I could.
When you are doing your turn, you could take your time, but please always keep me informed of roughly when you could deliver the turn.
I prefer someone who could run a AAR, as I am interested in reading what my opponent is thinking after we finish the campaign.
Whether you are interested in playing the game or not, your comments are welcome.
Please remember that I am not in a urgent to play a game, so I won’t easily change my terms,especially the game version, but a discussion doesn’t hurt.
Kind regards and thanks very much for your patience in reading this long thread.
Tours.

< Message edited by mktours -- 7/5/2016 5:43:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.0... - 7/5/2016 5:47:31 PM   
mktours

Anyone who is interested in this thread, please reply formally to this thread and state whether you agree with the terms or not. I would only consider those reply formally in this thread.

(in reply to mktours)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.0... - 7/5/2016 6:49:46 PM   
charlie0311

Dear Mr Tours,

Interesting. If you don't get your terms I will chat privately with you and make the case why the "latest" is the best.

Have retired, perhaps only temporary, from public discussions.

(in reply to mktours)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.0... - 7/11/2016 3:19:26 PM   
mktours

quote:

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Dear Mr Tours,

Interesting. If you don't get your terms I will chat privately with you and make the case why the "latest" is the best.

Have retired, perhaps only temporary, from public discussions.

Thanks for your comment.
I have not interest to change your view. You could be Movael's Fan forever, that is not my business.

(in reply to charlie0311)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a good and patient Soviet player in 1.08.04 version, PBEM game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI