Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Allied TF Mission Art

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Allied TF Mission Art Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 3/26/2016 12:53:15 AM   
Halsey

Don't think bitmaps are an acceptable image download for the forums.
Gifs, jpgs, txt, and zips only.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 931
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 3/27/2016 11:47:45 AM   
Korvar

I've been customizing my Allied Mission Panels and thought I'd share a few with everyone.

Special thanks to Halsey for providing a great selection of new panels as well as the inspiration to try creating a few myself!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 932
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 3/27/2016 4:02:51 PM   
Halsey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Korvar

I've been customizing my Allied Mission Panels and thought I'd share a few with everyone.

Special thanks to Halsey for providing a great selection of new panels as well as the inspiration to try creating a few myself!

Very nice!!!

Ground Unit panels can be modded in a similar way also.

Maybe someday I'll have Mission, and Unit art panels corresponding to a yearly timeline.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 933
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 4/2/2016 4:33:55 PM   
Korvar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

quote:

Very nice!!!

Ground Unit panels can be modded in a similar way also.

Maybe someday I'll have Mission, and Unit art panels corresponding to a yearly timeline.

Thanks!

That sounds like a great idea and could be a subtle way to imbue some additional historical narrative into the game.

In fact, it reminded me of an image I came across while searching for source images for my mission panel mods. I was considering it for the Allied support panel, but actually decided against it because I felt it was too period specific, especially when considering the connotations inherent in it.

Anyway, here it is:

Of course, it is the Vestal parked next to the Arizona. Not exactly the image I want to see again and again while in the middle of an island hopping campaign in '44, but it could set the tone perfectly in '41.

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 934
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 4/2/2016 5:12:55 PM   
Korvar

I did some experimenting with the in-game flags this morning to help correct something that has been bugging me - the DEI has been tricking me into thinking I'm color blind.

To me, the famous Dutch 'Oranje' has on the in-game flag has looked a bit too... black. So I decided to inject some new life into the flags - and what a difference! Color perception/preference is a highly subjective field (and depends on monitor type, color calibration, etc. etc.), but I'd be curious to see what others think. I've attached my modified flag art as a zip file below. Just drop into your game ART folder, and you're good to go (but first make backups of the originals in case you don't like the new look ). Also, as a disclaimer I'm pretty sure that my 'old' flag files are mods themselves, so the true game originals could be just fine.

I didn't modify all the flags as I felt some were just fine (if it's not broken, don't fix it!).

In addition, I stumbled onto a neat interface improvement along the way. Once I decided that I was keeping the new flags, I knew I would need to update the flags with the supply warnings/indicators. But I noticed keeping the 'old' flags with the indicators helps visually differentiate the bases that warrant attention, as it sometimes can be easy to miss the thin exclamation marks on a cursory scan of a region. The darker flag even abstracts to the "power being out" (or soon to be).

Here's an example:

'New' Australian flag on left, 'old' flag on right w/ warning indicator:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 935
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 4/15/2016 11:31:12 PM   
Korvar

I've made some additional tweaks/additions to my Allied Mission art; attached is my current A_Mission.bmp file for anyone to use. It is a combination of Halsey's and my own work.

Zip file below.

Preview:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 936
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 4/16/2016 2:00:11 PM   
TOMLABEL

quote:

I've made some additional tweaks/additions to my Allied Mission art; attached is my current A_Mission.bmp file for anyone to use. It is a combination of Halsey's and my own work.

Very nice!!!

Thanks, Korvar

Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 937
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 4/21/2016 8:34:03 AM   
Korvar

quote:

ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL

Very nice!!!

Thanks, Korvar

You're welcome

I've updated it a bit, with new Replenishment and Amphibious panels, as well as, an improved Air Transport panel.

New image sources were found at: http://mathubert.free.fr/index.html

Attachment (1)

(in reply to TOMLABEL)
Post #: 938
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 7/7/2016 9:01:49 PM   
idefelipe

Hello there,

I have installed again the game after a couple of years playing other options (but as usual I come back to the "king") and I was wondering if you can help me to find a good art pack. for ships, airplanes, etc.

Thank you very much!

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 939
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 7/9/2016 1:37:06 AM   
Halsey

Here's the best condensed art sites:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2913555

There are others, but they are scattered.
Maybe others will post their links.

(in reply to idefelipe)
Post #: 940
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 8/16/2016 7:15:35 AM   
Korvar

I present my Yorktown Class ART Mod v1. My intent with this minor mod is to enhance the frequency and structural accuracy of visual feedback for the Yorktown class upgrades. I for one find it gratifying to see the enhancements resulting from patiently waiting for an in-demand vessel to complete refitting!

Both sides and shils are included:

Yorktown Class upgrades (12/41, 4/42, 7/42 - stock database limited)

Yorktown Class upgrade 10/42

Shows the new SC-2 AS and SG SS radars, as well as the 40mm Bofors added to the bow and stern. The crane is visibly changed and some of the aft hangar deck side doors are opened.

Yorktown Class upgrade 10/43

Shows the addition of the SK AS radar.

Any feedback is appreciated.

A possible change I have in mind is to make another image side/shil for the 7/42 upgrade when the class upgrades from the CXAM type to SC type radars. Is it as simple as changing the assigned bitmap value in the Editor? Would modifying a scenario file disrupt any ongoing games if all I'm adding is new art to existing ships in the database?

If adding art is fairly straightforward, there are other ship classes I'm interested in tweaking. I've spotted a ship with radar visually installed before the class is fitted with any, as well as have noticed there is no visual difference between the long and short hull versions of the Essex class.

Credit goes to The Shipping Channel for the source line art, as well as the great in-game art that I used for reference.

Edit: Consider this a 'prototype' - I discovered issues with this version that I will address in v2.

< Message edited by Korvar -- 8/18/2016 12:52:26 AM >

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 941
RE: Allied TF Mission Art - 8/18/2016 1:51:31 AM   
Korvar

Here's a first shot at correcting version 1. I've only completed the 1st image set as there was a lot to fix.

Yorktown class upgrades 12/41, 4/42, 7/42:
(new version)

(the previous version for comparison.)

As I found better reference images it became apparent that my previous attempt left a lot to be desired. The bow protruded was too far in front of the flight deck, there was was too much open space immediately behind the bow, and the island's antennas could best be described as some sort of mismash of different radar types. I believe the HF antennas along the perimeter of the flight deck were only added later as well. I also made the gun wells forward of the island as well as the Mk 33 directors more distinct. The rest involved some shading on the hangar bay level to give the ship some more depth.

Here's a close-up reference picture of an incredibly detailed model. Does anyone know what the ?? antenna is? Is that an SC-1 radar co-installed with CXAM?

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 942
RE: Rotating Art Tool V1.6 - 11/3/2016 9:48:25 PM   
proflui

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peever

I feel like a fool for having missed all these new art mods for the past few years. After installing the new TopoMap I came here looking to see what else there was and wow am I shocked! The rotating aircraft art data is an awesome feature.

I didn't see the new bombardment screens on Halsey's website, are they located there and I just missed them or somewhere else?

Thanks to everyone for continuing to work on this game after all these years.

Not enough room for these on the site, and not enough demand.
So I'm sorry to say that these are now unavailable.

I really like those bombardment screens. Any still have them and can kindly upload them? Thanks!

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 943
RE: Rotating Art Tool V1.6 - 8/2/2017 8:23:28 PM   
Korvar

Here is my latest ground units art file - I've been tweaking others' designs over time and have slowly been adding my own art.

The overall idea is to be able to instantly recognize the unit type and country of origin just by looking at the picture. It's still a work in progress.

Download link: GroundUnits.bmp

Edit: added download link

< Message edited by Korvar -- 7/28/2019 1:36:06 AM >

(in reply to proflui)
Post #: 944
Art Question - 8/3/2017 12:50:44 AM   
DOCUP

Question for you art gurus. If I have the ship art but its not on the side/shil is there an easy way of putting it on those. IE I have the ship below done by Gary Childress. Is there a way I can put it onto a side or shil without recreating the ship?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 945
RE: Art Question - 8/3/2017 1:38:38 AM   
Korvar

The best place for ship art assets (backgrounds) is Big B's Shipyard Work Bench.

I think most people who do art regularly develop their own templates over time to speed up the process. You'll need access to an image editing application that can do layers and can save 24-bit bitmaps (8 bits per color channel). I use Photoshop myself.

Edit: added side/shil as an attachment

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Korvar -- 8/3/2017 1:40:04 AM >

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 946
RE: Art Question - 8/3/2017 1:52:21 AM   
Korvar

Here's an update to my Allied mission art - the cargo mission art has been improved. BMP file attached as a .zip.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 947
RE: Art Question - 8/21/2017 1:20:07 AM   
DOCUP

Korvar: Thanks I am trying to see if I can't do it on Paint 3D. If not I may have to break down and buy photoshop and learn how to do it.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 948
RE: Art Question - 8/22/2017 3:48:10 AM   
Korvar

I believe others have successfully used Krita - it's a free alternative to Photoshop. Give it a try!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 949
RE: Art Question - 8/22/2017 4:12:07 AM   
Kitakami

GIMP is another alternative. Not as intuitive as PS, but quite good.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 950
RE: Art Question - 8/22/2017 2:47:50 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

GIMP is another alternative. Not as intuitive as PS, but quite good.

They've made some major changes to improve it's ease of use lately but I have not tried it for myself in a while so can't say how much better it is now.

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 951
RE: Art Question - 12/29/2017 12:16:18 AM   
Dubba

Hi guys sorry for bring up an old topic but have downloaded all of Halsey's artwork and it's amazing but I have just a small question if anyone knows I don't understand what Halsey means exactly with what he says here?

F. IJNAF CV Grey and Green zips are manual JapPatch folder overwrites.
Unzip and overwrite at named date to appear in game without renaming the ALT bitmaps.

I cannot seem to get these art files to work when downloaded and overwriting with these two files.

IJNAF CV Green AGP 8_42 onward.zip
IJNAF CV Grey AGP 12_41 to 7_42.zip

Can anyone help or have any idea how to get them to show correctly?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 952
RE: Art Question - 12/31/2017 9:45:52 AM   
Halsey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dubba

Hi guys sorry for bring up an old topic but have downloaded all of Halsey's artwork and it's amazing but I have just a small question if anyone knows I don't understand what Halsey means exactly with what he says here?

F. IJNAF CV Grey and Green zips are manual JapPatch folder overwrites.
Unzip and overwrite at named date to appear in game without renaming the ALT bitmaps.

I cannot seem to get these art files to work when downloaded and overwriting with these two files.

IJNAF CV Green AGP 8_42 onward.zip
IJNAF CV Grey AGP 12_41 to 7_42.zip

Can anyone help or have any idea how to get them to show correctly?

The Green Version is for Japanese Carrier AC insignia only, it should be zipped on 8/42 to JapPatch folder.
It overwrites the Grey insignia.

The Gray version is what the AC insignia starts as, it is here to overwrite the Green if you want to keep the vanilla mod insignia instead.

To make the alt bitmaps appear you would have to rename each one, this zip skips that and just overwrites the regular ones.
So I added these separately so they don't need to be renamed.

(in reply to Dubba)
Post #: 953
RE: Art Question - 6/28/2018 4:22:20 PM   
CommanderKeen

Thank you Korvar....what a wonderful Artwork...

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 954
RE: Art Question - 3/8/2019 8:06:58 PM   
Jace11

I've moved all my art for the game to here, so old things that were on mediafire (combat screens) or in attachments can now be found in one place. I think the link in the other Scenario / Art thread is outdated too so I'm linking my collection of files below. A few things have been updated like a new small clouds mod.

MY WITP AE Stuff

Also.. if anyone can help me, I'm trying to find some original cathartes plane tops to help expand Japanese plane rotating art.

In the image below are a number of sides for Zeros, Claudes and Nates. Those with no top.. are missing a corresponding plane top. The others are fine and are either from the default files or using modded tops. I think they are correct and i've set rotating dates for a couple. I'm looking for the original tops for those few that are missing.

Edit: found the dappled A6M3 top..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jace11 -- 3/11/2019 6:38:37 PM >

(in reply to CommanderKeen)
Post #: 955
RE: Art mods - 3/29/2019 9:55:41 PM   
Alikchi2

Any word on this? Even just releasing the source code so someone else could work on it would be wonderful.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 956
RE: Art mods - 3/29/2019 10:07:53 PM   
btd64

No body will release the code. For art mods you don't need the code anyway....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 957
RE: Art mods - 4/10/2019 5:22:51 PM   
Dali101

Nice SIDE Art

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 958
RE: Art Question - 5/20/2019 11:25:54 PM   
Korvar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jace11

Also.. if anyone can help me, I'm trying to find some original cathartes plane tops to help expand Japanese plane rotating art.

The only source for Cathartes rotating art that I know of is at Halsey's site. There are download links at the bottom of the page, one being "Cathartes_Planeside_top_replacement master.zip".

Is this what you were looking for or is there another version?

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 959
RE: Art Question - 6/18/2019 7:38:08 PM   
Aksully

Ok for the beginner whose just gotten WITP AE....can you point me to the link for the complete art work for both Japan and Allies to use with the game? Many thanks in advance!

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Allied TF Mission Art Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI