Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Marine Madness, Preset game for VikingNo2 and Belisarius

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> A Marine Madness, Preset game for VikingNo2 and Belisarius Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Marine Madness, Preset game for VikingNo2 and Belisarius - 4/15/2003 6:34:03 AM   
Lars

Hi Guys,

It took me a while to get things together, interrupted by real life and the US Masters… :)
It’s hard to find a story to fit this battle, so you better just slug it out. ;)

[B]Setup and conditions;[/B]
Marines vs. Marines, Europe?! August 1944, approximately 9000p. Visibility 25, weather's clear.
Viking is player 1 and gets some armor support from his Anzac neighbors.
Bel is player 2 and gets his armor support from his European allies – the British. Bels’ HQ is also changed to US for practical reasons, easier to spot VHs’ etc…

I have to apologize for an error made with the map. The US owns the southern central VH from the beginning. This was not my purpose, it should be neutral, but I couldn’t find the time to start the setup all over again for this single mistake. Try not to take advantage but treat it as neutral.

You should both get your PWs’ in your inboxes.

Have Fun
/Lars

Attachment (1)

:D Plays for fun! :cool:

[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b2.jpg [/img]
[img]http://www.redzoneforums.com/images/avatars/gia
Post #: 1
- 4/19/2003 5:18:19 AM   
VikingNo2

Your go B-man

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 2
- 4/21/2003 3:56:47 AM   
Belisarius

Huh? Shouldn't I get a file from somewhere? :confused: :confused:

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 3
- 4/21/2003 12:09:48 PM   
VikingNo2

Lars the Password you sent me is not working?:(

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 4
- 4/21/2003 3:57:04 PM   
Belisarius

Hmm... mine works, so it might be that I should deploy first? :confused:

Either way I did, so try this one V-man. :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 5
- 4/23/2003 6:33:01 AM   
VikingNo2

B-man's Marine Air attacks in force causing me some casualties.

I would like to inform everyone the my opponent has the evil Marines :rolleyes:

The big green Machine is on the move, orders to the troop close with and destroy the enemy by fire and manuver the battle plans fall under the KISS plan.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid ( For those that don't know )

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 6
Moving out! - 4/25/2003 2:51:07 AM   
Belisarius

For the record, V-man has a group of his own kind as well... evil Marines ;) I have no idea of the disposition of his forces, but I guess they're somewhat similar to mine....

I figured V2 would load his AA up, so I gave my flyboys the go-ahead for overpass of the enemy lines. 1000lb bombs! :p Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them on the replay, so damage is unknown. :confused: After much packing and unpacking, reversing, tricking, edging and swearing everyone is where they're supposed to be, only minutes before H hour.

Squads have jumped into a ride only to find out that their platoon is at the other flank, scouts have found themselves at the wrong points... the list goes on. In other words - a PERFECT assembly! :D

Artillery is silent on both sides - guess we're both waiting for contact. We have a vague idea of what we want to achieve, so it's FULL SPEED AHEAD! SEMPER FI and all that! :D

Viking, since we have quite large armies, how about holding reinforcements until turn 10?

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 7
- 4/28/2003 3:44:42 AM   
Belisarius

El bumpo.

......eh I know, but I figured it'll be easier to find it this way. :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 8
Will get to this one today - 6/8/2003 12:26:26 AM   
VikingNo2

Self Bump

Lars could you resend me the password

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 9
- 6/8/2003 9:08:59 AM   
VikingNo2

Here you go trying to remember, what I was doing.

I figured out my plan, kill all his stuff:rolleyes:

Yeah that's the ticket:cool:

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 10
- 6/8/2003 6:40:04 PM   
Belisarius

It's been a while, I have forgotten what troops are where, so the general order is just "Forwaaard!". :rolleyes:

Enemy flyboys are busy today. An advanced scout party is completely wiped out by a SBD Dauntless, while we manage to damage a second one flying into our Flak Alley. A Corsair pilot is not impressed and finished the round by killing two DUKW and most of their passengers. :mad:

No other contact made.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 11
- 6/9/2003 2:15:23 AM   
VikingNo2

Still no major contact, my planes go in for the attack, the get shot up some, almost every vehicel you fly over has mutiple .50 cals:eek:

Light tanks will tangle soon;) :cool:

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 12
- 6/9/2003 4:17:36 PM   
VikingNo2

Bump

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 13
- 6/9/2003 4:37:17 PM   
Belisarius

It'll be a few days before I'm back...my XP decided to go AWOL on me last night. :mad: I get a Blue Screen on startup! :eek: Will try a reinstall.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 14
- 6/10/2003 3:10:41 AM   
VikingNo2

No problem B-Man, you wait a month and a half so I guess I can wait a couple of days:rolleyes: :cool:

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 15
- 6/11/2003 3:21:13 AM   
Belisarius

Thanx, JJ! :)

I'm up and running again and it seems I've been able to rescue most of my data, including all games!! :D I'll post turn tomorrow, after I've fixed my car. (which I'm now driving illegally until it passes inspection)

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 16
- 6/12/2003 3:20:35 AM   
Belisarius

Car's fixed and alright, so here we go. :cool:

Viking flyboys comes in for another flyover and cause much havoc on my forward units. A scout AC of his came a bit too far and obviously liked what he saw, as my vanguard came under attention from a platoon of 60mm, a guess ALL his 75mm HTs and a crapload of planes. :eek:

Good thing I don't have to worry about those bombs, and all my tanks are still unscathed. :p

We race forward at top speed, so everyone has ended up in less than ideal positions. I expect a lot of my transports to be shot up by the end of Viking's turn....

Sent a lone "scout" plane to see what's going on. He put some bullets into a mortar, but I guess that's it.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 17
- 6/12/2003 10:43:30 AM   
VikingNo2

A few of the evil Marines light tanks die, but I will most likely pay a high price for it.

Moving to contact, full speed ahaed:D

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 18
- 6/13/2003 2:59:42 PM   
VikingNo2

Bump

Your evil Marines must be thinking:rolleyes:

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 19
- 6/13/2003 4:56:38 PM   
Belisarius

We are. Mind you, it's YOU that's the evil marines! We're the peace-loving U.S. army. See the flags? :D

I was playing last night when half-way into the turn my computer just shut down and rebooted on me. :confused: :eek: I'll reload the files and replay tonight, making every effort of re-creating the moves I did yesterday, if that's OK. :) Well, I now know a few isolated hexes where the * pings up, and maaaaybe I won't park in them this time....you'll have your chance anyway. :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 20
- 6/15/2003 10:49:17 AM   
VikingNo2

No problem B-man, if we ever meet in person you owe me a beer, or something a little harsher;)

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 21
- 6/15/2003 4:25:06 PM   
Belisarius

Noted. :D

The brave U.S. Army marine contigent, labeled "evil marines" by the enemy propaganda, charges on at full speed. Contact is made in the large city in the north and the first brushes with enemy hasn't come out in our favor. We are expecting heavy close-quarters combat in this area as our pilots have reported columns of enemy vehicles approaching the eastern edge, while we feed units into the west suburbs. Bayonets fixed!

In the southern area advance continues toward the large water treatment facility. No enemies seen, but we know they are watching us...

Design notice: Between two reinforced companies of marines, I have 27 HMG's. :eek: :eek: It means I'm a bit thin on infantry, which will probably be felt in the next few turns.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 22
- 6/16/2003 12:55:50 AM   
VikingNo2

Sadly I have to report it is worse than I thought, these are not " Evil Marines" that I am fighting, it worse its the Army dressed like Marine, some one help me I feel faint :rolleyes:

Looks like a major battle is shaping up in the large city in the north Crocidiles are spotted in the center:eek: Those could pose a problem in a infantry populated area :(

In the south all is quite, back to you when/can we call reinforcements?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 23
- 6/17/2003 1:09:26 AM   
Belisarius

Marine armored recon made a deep thrust into our advance in the western suburbs :eek:! Our units are thrown into confusion as troops scramble out of their transports while their crews desperately try to maneouver away. LVTs are left burning in the streets and their occupants mowed down by HMG fire.

Then the trap triggers. Army tanks sweep in on both flanks, 4 MkII and Staghounds and 2 Sherman Flames, void of any infantry support, are mercilessy shot up. :D Let's just hope we survive the coming barrage as well... :rolleyes:

Center/south - not much action. The attention we get from artillery tells us that we are spotted, but not from where. Recon is sent forward.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 24
- 6/17/2003 3:41:53 PM   
VikingNo2

B-man has be in a bad spot in the north city, he seem to have brought more to the fight than me :(

Exact a little revenge, killed a Firefly, and if my make up of armor is like his, he doesn't have that many of them. One of my flame tanks were kill by a infiltraters:mad: They paid for it, but d@mm it I don't have very many of the flamers:mad:

Back to you

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 25
- 6/18/2003 12:24:20 AM   
Belisarius

Same old story. :rolleyes:

V2 kills me. I hit squat. :(

You are lucky with many vital first-kill shots....mine goes miss miss miss miss miss.... I expect to lose at least one more Firefly the next round.

JJ got his 105's back online, which has halted half my advance. Mine are still not heard of, but that's typical for me. The more I play, the more I hate the SP:WAW artillery routine.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 26
- 6/18/2003 12:39:26 AM   
VikingNo2

B-man, in every game that I play the Russian I can only get about half (at the most ) of there arty working at any given time ( H2H ). Have you played the russians and had the same results ?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 27
- 6/18/2003 1:30:29 AM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]B-man, in every game that I play the Russian I can only get about half (at the most ) of there arty working at any given time ( H2H ). Have you played the russians and had the same results ? [/B][/QUOTE]

You betcha. ;) At least for OB arty, but I think it may apply for onboard as well. I didn't have too many mortars available in my last joust vs. willy. So far in this game, I've at least got good contact with the GMC's and mortars...

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 28
- 6/18/2003 2:43:08 PM   
VikingNo2

B-man is pushing me out of the city:mad:

Elsewhere I pop three M3, and push back, temporarly, some of those army guys dressed like Marines

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 29
- 6/18/2003 11:28:58 PM   
Belisarius

Fierce fighting in the city. We advance slowly, chasing away a MG and a HQ unit while killing a 60mm mortar. With so short distances, we already fear the retribution. Hopefully, we'll gain momentum in the next few turns. Our aerial troops has reported multiple mechanized units in the eastern area, so the fight is by no means over.

The M3's died, but we did get some valuable information from the crews who were able to get away in time. Otherwise the marine enemy is making a push in the center with LV4s which cause much panic for us. We retaliate by pushing them back and killing a M10 and a LV4. :)

75mm GMC arena! :eek: We both have quite a few of them, and everyone has red-hot barrels by now! Shells fall everywhere.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Lars)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> A Marine Madness, Preset game for VikingNo2 and Belisarius Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI