Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hey all/ SPWAW Rules!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hey all/ SPWAW Rules!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hey all/ SPWAW Rules!! - 5/8/2001 12:19:00 PM   
KDiggity

Hey everyone Just a few quick notes here. As you all can probably tell, I'm new here. I just downloaded 4.5 a couple of weeks ago, and have been anxious for 5.0 to come out ever since! Unfortunatly this is finals week for me at the University, so I'm at a bit of an impass as to what to do! (Study or SP? Study or SP? Type 30 page paper or SP?) Needless to say I've been playing a lot so far and loving it. I'm a history major specializing in world war II, and I love the precision and detail in this game. I'm so glad Matrix did this, seeing as sims (especially hardcore sims) are taking such hits from software producers right now. One thing I really like about 5.0 is the improved AI purchasing. I kept setting up campaign generators to do a German invasion of Poland (hehehe, I figured I'd start easy), only to be faced with hundreds of small tanks. I was expecting Calvary!!! That brings me to a small question; when first purchasing units for a campaign, what should I buy? It seems hard for me to pick out a bunch of units that can defend and then attack, or vice versa, let alone for 10 some battles!! I'm just wondering. I'm still losing a lot of tanks to infantry, so I'll be glad when I get better! One last note. As much as I HATED waiting to download 5 after it was released, I was at the same time extremetly happy that this game has such an enormous and loyal following. After checking this website daily for the past couple of weeks for the v5 update, I could wait the few hours until a spot opened up! :) Kieran PS I'll probably be on here a lot now, as I attempt to get better, which will most likely take a looooong time! :D

Post #: 1
- 5/8/2001 1:01:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Kieran, glad to have you here. Get those studies done! (and play a little SP for some relazation - :D ). I usually pick a balanced force to deal with whatever the AI might pick. I found taking for granted what was coming often spelled my doom. A good balance of infantry-armor-artillery will never let you down. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to KDiggity)
Post #: 2
- 5/8/2001 3:33:00 PM   
Marder_MatrixForum

Hi Kieran! =>Unfortunatly this is finals week for me at the University, so I'm at a bit of an impass as to what to do! (Study or SP? Study or SP? Type 30 page paper or SP?) Needless to say I've been playing a lot so far and loving it. Hey i´m glad to hear that there is another one who is in the same situation! Since version 5.0 is out my writing for my diploma decrease from day to day! Should be finished in one month, but now i could play SPWAW 24 hours a day! Marder

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

(in reply to KDiggity)
Post #: 3
- 5/8/2001 5:40:00 PM   
Warrior

Buy the Mega Campaign CD, then you'll only have to wait for the snail mail (and not risk anything getting corrupted during download, which can be monumentally frustrating). In fact, buy it even if you do get the download! It has the full 5.0 included with the Mega Campaign.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to KDiggity)
Post #: 4
- 5/8/2001 7:06:00 PM   
lnp4668

He he, just finished all my finals yesterday, stay up all night playing v5 now at work early in the morning, darn, no wonder I have no life :eek:

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to KDiggity)
Post #: 5
- 5/9/2001 2:02:00 AM   
Tsknrdr

I am most probably the only person on this board who was glad that 5.0 and the Mega Campaign were delayed. I've still got finals until thursday. After that my copy of the mega campaign should be here. Gaming goodness awaits at the end of the tunnel. :D BTW, where does everyone go to school. I'm at UVa :cool:

The unexamined life is not worth living.

(in reply to KDiggity)
Post #: 6
- 5/9/2001 5:34:00 AM   
KDiggity

Hey all, Thanks for the feedback. If I didn't mention it before, I'm an undergrad at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Kieran (Still trying to balance studying and Steel Panthers)

(in reply to KDiggity)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hey all/ SPWAW Rules!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI