Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with Relocating after port overun

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Problem with Relocating after port overun Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with Relocating after port overun - 8/5/2016 4:15:13 PM   
Furbet

Hi All,

Latest version of public beta 2.2.7, the attached save (combat resolution) shows the problem, when the port is overrun we are unable to complete the relocation of the ships. The only way we can get it to complete is not to intercept with any forces.

All ships are attempting to return to a German port.

Usually it fails with not being able to press the end step button (even though highlighted) but we have had issues with random Jap phases appearing, or returning to combat resolution moving forces in, with German ships remaining in the port.

Tested on two machines running the latest beta but not tested against latest non-beta release.

First major problem we have had for months, keep up the good work !

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with Relocating after port overun - 8/6/2016 7:18:14 PM   
paulderynck

Strange. I am unable to download the attachment.

Edit: Temporary absence of cranial processing was the problem.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 8/7/2016 7:11:28 AM >

Paul

(in reply to Furbet)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with Relocating after port overun - 8/6/2016 10:06:43 PM   
Centuur

I was able to load this game. There is a fatal bug in this game. After you have relocated the German surface fleet, after it gets intercepted, you cannot rebase the SUB's and cannot proceed...

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with Relocating after port overun - 11/21/2016 4:48:44 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subeto

Hi All,

Latest version of public beta 2.2.7, the attached save (combat resolution) shows the problem, when the port is overrun we are unable to complete the relocation of the ships. The only way we can get it to complete is not to intercept with any forces.

All ships are attempting to return to a German port.

Usually it fails with not being able to press the end step button (even though highlighted) but we have had issues with random Jap phases appearing, or returning to combat resolution moving forces in, with German ships remaining in the port.

Tested on two machines running the latest beta but not tested against latest non-beta release.

First major problem we have had for months, keep up the good work !

I need more information to recreate this.

I had the surface ships rebase to Brest without any problems. What I (in the Bay of Biscay) tried was: no interception, failed interception, and successful interception with some German ships surviving and aborting at the first opportunity. All of that worked and let me rebase the subs next without any trouble.

So I assume that you are continuing on to the North Sea and having something occur there. But the combination of decision and outcome possibilities keeps increasing, since the Germans are going to have to go around Great Britain (i.e., through the Faeroes Gap). What choices and results did you have at each point of the surface fleet's journey that ultimately caused the trouble?

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 11/21/2016 4:49:32 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Furbet)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Problem with Relocating after port overun Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI