Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Nations Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Minor Nations Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Nations Question - 8/11/2016 6:26:18 PM   
Suul

How do you tell which are the minor nations?
Post #: 1
RE: Minor Nations Question - 8/12/2016 1:45:19 AM   
mercenarius

These are the regions which are not integral parts of any of the major nations. I don't include any areas which are "off-limits" and are not labeled (such as Corsica and Sardinia), of course.

Example: At the beginning of the 1806 scenario the minor nations Mecklenburg, Hanover, Westphalia, Saxony, and Warsaw are owned by Prussia and are colored purple to show that. But the integral regions of Prussia (Berlin, Pomerania, Silesia, and East Prussia) are colored somewhat differently to show that they comprise Prussia itself.

Finland is a bit of an anomaly because it is labeled but is also "off-limits" and doesn't factor into the game.

< Message edited by mercenarius -- 8/12/2016 1:53:23 AM >

(in reply to Suul)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor Nations Question - 8/12/2016 2:33:56 AM   
Suul

1. Looking at the map, the major nation territories are enclosed at some point within a border that is shaded. The minor nations are the rest with the exception that the off-limit territories are not playable by France. Is this correct?

2. If this is accurate, then Ireland is not considered a minor nation as far card play and Portugal would be. Is this correct?

(in reply to mercenarius)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor Nations Question - 8/12/2016 4:51:01 AM   
mercenarius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suul

1. Looking at the map, the major nation territories are enclosed at some point within a border that is shaded. The minor nations are the rest with the exception that the off-limit territories are not playable by France. Is this correct?

2. If this is accurate, then Ireland is not considered a minor nation as far card play and Portugal would be. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

(in reply to Suul)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Minor Nations Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI