Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird things happening during replay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Weird things happening during replay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird things happening during replay - 8/12/2016 7:39:35 PM   
Barb

Hello,

I am playing a PBEM as Japan (currently in 3/43) - so far everything seemed all right.

A few turns ago a strange thing happened. During watching the replay I had noticed several "Raids not materialising":
Several different air attacks just showed the black box with inscription about air strike approaching (like the one included) - Yet no combat materialized, no ground bombing was visible, nothing showed up in combat report file.

Happened several times both to Japanese (mostly in China) and allied raids (in Burma and Solomons).

Since then this behavior continues - Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/12/2016 11:01:34 PM   
BBfanboy

If it was just one time I would guess the raid just turned around and went home because of weather or fighter opposition (and a chicken squadron commander), but if it has been continuing I have no guess as to why. But you could start by confirming all the game settings for the types of combat and reports to see if one of you accidentally hit a hot key and turned something off.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/13/2016 10:06:23 PM   
Barb

Well it happened now about 3 turns in a row. Some raids show up a combat screen, some simply vanish (like the one in the picture above).
On the last turn a pilot got killed in landing - he was flying with a unit in China, where this "raids not materializing" are happening - no air strikes were reported in combat report.

I had checked all the settings in game, also had reinstalled the game - yet the situation remains the same.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/14/2016 2:22:45 AM   
BBfanboy

Looks like you need to PM Michael M or Bill Olson to have a look at your game file. No one else has weighed in with a guess about what is going on.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 8/14/2016 2:42:41 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 4
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/14/2016 9:46:40 AM   
wdolson

michaelm is looking at any bugs these days. (And my last name is Olson, just FYI.)

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/14/2016 2:42:02 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

michaelm is looking at any bugs these days. (And my last name is Olson, just FYI.)

Bill

Sorry about that Bill D. Olson. - I will correct my previous post. Thanks for pointing it out - people's names are important personal property!

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 6
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/15/2016 7:13:00 AM   
Barb

I had sent michaelm a message through forum, but didn't answered so far.

Anyway, I am inclined to think these "raids not materializing" are materializing indeed - On the last Turn I had sent 3 bomber groups against enemy held Onnekotan-Jima. Planes and pilots were lost and airfield shows 19% damage, compared to 0% on the previous turn. I am now waiting for the confirmation from the other PBEM player.

Thus they just do not show up during combat replay, nor do they leave any log in combatreport.txt - altough my operational losses (crash landing, write off, failed to return, etc) taken on these raids are logged in joperationsreport.txt

Is there any hot-key able to skip the "unopposed in air" raid? I seriously doubt it.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Weird things happening during replay - 8/25/2016 9:54:08 AM   
Barb

I had played with -dd_sw switch in my launcher yesterday. So far it seems it had worked out! All raids appeared!
I will monitor the game for a few more turns to see if the problem was cured permanently.

On the other hand it has a side effect - a map scrolls too fast in the game, but I will play with the map scroll delay settings to adjust accordingly :)

So far thanks for the help!

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Weird things happening during replay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI