Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retro Fit Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Retro Fit Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retro Fit Question - 8/13/2016 3:57:53 PM   
Uncle Lumpy

Is there any way to stop a Fleet from Retro Fitting once it has begun to Retro Fit? Long story short: I have a decent size fleet retro fitting at a relatively out of the way base. The base has a shortage of two resources, and thus construction is stalled there. As a result all of my other fleets have completed retro fitting except the stalled one. I know, eventually, the missing resources will be transported there, but it would be quicker to stop the retro fit and move to an in supply base. I seem unable to stop the retro fit of either the entire fleet or any individual ship with in the fleet (or removed from the fleet). Does anyone have any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Retro Fit Question - 8/13/2016 5:57:06 PM   
Aeson

There is no way that I know of to stop a retrofit or decommision at shipyard order once the ship has docked with the station; if you want to cancel the process, you need to stop the ships before they dock with the station. You should be able to cancel the retrofit orders on any ships in the fleet which have not yet docked with the station by ordering them to stop or to go do something else.

There is a possibility that there might be a way to remove ships from a station's build queue in the Construction Yards menu, though I've only ever used that to cancel new construction and I've never checked to see if it can cancel retrofit orders. If I recall correctly, though, the only option there is 'scrap,' so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

(in reply to Uncle Lumpy)
Post #: 2
RE: Retro Fit Question - 8/13/2016 6:57:25 PM   
Retreat1970

If 1 or 2 ships in a fleet are holding you up, you can remove them from the fleet.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: Retro Fit Question - 8/13/2016 7:54:52 PM   
rjord2021

Maybe this post can help you.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3241795

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 4
RE: Retro Fit Question - 8/15/2016 1:05:48 PM   
Uncle Lumpy

Thanks all for the input. Ended up scraping the base. Lost all of the ships still retro fitting. Building new ships to replace the lost one's and moving on with the game.
In a round about way the same thing has been accomplished, I'm getting an up to date fleet in the end. I'm building it instead of retro fitting it.

< Message edited by Uncle Lumpy -- 8/15/2016 6:18:32 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Retro Fit Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI