Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Draw Game Outcome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Tech Support >> Draw Game Outcome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Draw Game Outcome - 9/22/2016 5:00:19 PM   
wadortch

Hello Cameron!

I was playing a PBEM game. Germans were closing in on Moscow after taking Rostov and Leningrad.

On Round 33, I downloaded and opened the turn file and the game screen indicated the Game was over
and declared a draw.

What's up with this?

Walt
Post #: 1
RE: Draw Game Outcome - 9/23/2016 1:34:16 AM   
lancer

Hi Wardortch,

Whenever there is an outcome you should get told the reason why.

If that doesn't help then perhaps a screenshot or a save file and I'll take a look.

Without knowing any details one possibility is that you've achieved your objective. Depending on your chosen strategy there is usually a 1 month timer to hold it. After the timer runs out the game is declared over and the relative scores determine the outcome - in this case you may not have enough VP's to score a win.

The reason it works this way (it may not be the case in your situation) is to prevent the German player gaming the system by throwing everything at the objective, taking it and claiming a win when in reality they may be in a dubious situation and would be unlikely to hold through winter as the Soviets may still control a lot of Russia.

The victory conditions are 'forward looking' in that they require the Germans to not only take their objective but to also take a reasonable amount of ground, sufficient that they would have a fair chance of holding it in the face of the inevitable Soviet counterattack.

Cheers,
Cameron

< Message edited by lancer -- 9/23/2016 1:44:40 AM >

(in reply to wadortch)
Post #: 2
RE: Draw Game Outcome - 9/23/2016 5:02:57 PM   
wadortch

Hi Cameron

The option I was playing was Military Independence FYI. As noted, the game ended in Round 33. Am sending you an email with the download file attached.

Walt

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Tech Support >> Draw Game Outcome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI