Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pick up game anyone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Pick up game anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pick up game anyone? - 10/13/2016 2:44:32 PM   
Yakface

Hi all

I am looking for someone to take over Japan in a game that is still in the early stages (29th Dec '41), vanilla scenario 1. My opponent went from having lots of spare time to very little within a few weeks of starting. We've agreed on good terms that I should look for a replacement.

Pretty standard situation with nothing having gone horribly for either side. Most of the hard work - pilot training program, convoys, R&D - will have been done I'm sure.

It was started as a 'no-house-rules' game and I am happy to keep it as such or introduce whatever my new opponent feels is appropriate.

I have 10 years experience between original witp and AE and know the game well. Looking for an experienced play. Can manage a turn a day - happy to play slightly slower if you do not have quite as much time as that.

Alternatively, happy to start a (stock scn 1 or 2) new game if incoing player prefers (I would like to play the allies)

< Message edited by Yakface -- 10/15/2016 8:10:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pick up game anyone? - 10/15/2016 1:43:26 AM   
InfiniteMonkey

12/29/41 or 12/29/42? if you quit after a few weeks, I'm guessing that you'd both have to be turn demons to get to 12/29/42?

(in reply to Yakface)
Post #: 2
RE: Pick up game anyone? - 10/15/2016 8:10:04 AM   
Yakface

Argh - '41. Thanks for the heads up

(in reply to InfiniteMonkey)
Post #: 3
RE: Pick up game anyone? - 10/15/2016 4:10:10 PM   
InfiniteMonkey

Tempted, but I have been away for a long while and I am still trying to figure out the game again. I still find too often that I give a set of orders and the game does nothing that I expect. Its very frustrating to lose large forces because some unit in the grand plan didn't have a button clicked in the orders phase and didn't do it's critical part of the plan.

On another note, I've been in your oppponent's shoes before. I started a WitP game and got a couple months in when my parents health took a turn for the worse, we bought a house, and my wife got pregnant. Kinda a triple whammy on free time. The kids a teenager, my parents have passed away, and the house... is still a house. Kudos for you for understanding your opponent's situation.

(in reply to Yakface)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Pick up game anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI