Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Sound Effects Available to SPWAW - NOW!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Sound Effects Available to SPWAW - NOW! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Sound Effects Available to SPWAW - NOW! - 5/11/2001 11:47:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

Completely new sound effects for SPWAW: Artillery Explosions Vehicle Explosions Aircraft MG/Cannon attack Katjushka sound for Rocket Artillery + many more (and even more in future, including 50cal, cannon + bomb sounds) Available HERE: http://www.lut.fi/~harma/spwawsounds.htm Now, this is not my site. This page is updated by Colonel von Blitz. So be nice to him, Ok? :D Now, many of you might wonder why it took so long to get these out....I promised these AGES ago (like many of you remember) Well. I just wanted to wait until 5.0 was released, and it took much longer than I thought :D . Now 5.0 is out. And here they are. Comments and suggestions, to me, directly. (this applies to people at Matrix as well) NOTE: -These are distributed in ZIP-files. I can assume that most of you know how to unpack these. TO: yourSPWAW-folder\snd -Means to backup previous sounds is not provided - YET - I may provide BAT-files in the future, that copy old sounds to new folder, in case you prefer old ones. -These sounds should work without problems, but as we have seen in the past, some PC configurations (with some soundcards) have problems (for unknown reasons). [ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Peregrine Falcon ] [ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Peregrine Falcon ] [ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Peregrine Falcon ]

--Peregrine Falcon--
Post #: 1
- 5/12/2001 1:35:00 AM   
Warrior

I'll give them a try.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Peregrine Falcon)
Post #: 2
- 5/12/2001 2:13:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

I added two new sounds: Flamethrower Building Collapse Thanks to Peregrine Falcon :) Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 3
- 5/12/2001 6:16:00 AM   
Grumble

Sounds are great! Good work. Have to try 'em this weekend.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

Post #: 4
- 5/12/2001 7:22:00 AM   
Drex

i loaded them up and ready for battle.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 5
- 5/12/2001 9:45:00 AM   
Warrior

They work fine for me. Thanks.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 6
- 5/12/2001 3:28:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

*bump*...back to the top... First 12 hours after the initial announcement, there has been ~150 unique visitors (~200 visits). If you like the sounds, thank Peregrine Falcon first and then tell your friends too :D Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 7
- 5/12/2001 7:47:00 PM   
James P

quote:

If you like the sounds, thank Peregrine Falcon first and then tell your friends too :D Colonel von Blitz[/QB]
Wow! Sound has always been an huge factor in making SPWAW such an improvement over the original SP games. These take it a step further - there great :) Do you have Tony the Tiger in the States advertising Frosties? :D When I heard the Katjushka I could almost see the German's face down in their fox holes!!!

Cheers, JP

Post #: 8
- 5/12/2001 11:26:00 PM   
Rommel22

Those are awesome sounds! I really like the katjushka, the sounds are awesome, thanx!!!

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern !" (Boot'em, don´t spatter'em)- Heinz Guderian Rommel22's Kampfgruppe: www.rommel22skg.freeservers.com

Post #: 9
- 5/12/2001 11:50:00 PM   
Alby

allright!!! Combined some of yours with the ones I had changed and now I have the PERFECT sounds!! Thanks! :)

Post #: 10
- 5/13/2001 1:32:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

Thanks everyone! Its good to hear that you like them! :D Some of them required some heavy mixing and sample hunting. Like vehicle explosions for example: 6-8 different sources! More coming soon, maybe after sunday or during next week!

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 11
- 5/13/2001 1:58:00 AM   
BruceAZ

These are AWESOME! I am really impressed Falcon, you have a gift. Can you make some sounds for when vehicles get immobilized or break-down? I love this break-down feature (actually I hate it but it is very realistic) even at the worst times but I never seem to know it until the next turn that they are out of action. It would be very cool to HEAR them break down or get immobilized. Sort of like my old 54 Chevy... :D :D May not be possible but I figure your the sound genius... :eek:

Post #: 12
- 5/13/2001 2:22:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by 5thRecon: These are AWESOME! I am really impressed Falcon, you have a gift. Can you make some sounds for when vehicles get immobilized or break-down?
That would be cool to make, but first, Matrix must code it in. Currently, when vehicle suffers breakdown, there is no sound for that.
quote:

I love this break-down feature (actually I hate it but it is very realistic) even at the worst times but I never seem to know it until the next turn that they are out of action. It would be very cool to HEAR them break down or get immobilized. Sort of like my old 54 Chevy... :D :D
I like this breakdown-feature also! Seems to be that guns take still too long to fix..Dont know why guys from Matrix said that it is easier in 5.0.... :rolleyes: No Chevys here (54 Chevy is very pretty BTW!), but Mazda 626. No breakdowns so far, but I'll keep my fingers crossed :D [ May 12, 2001: Message edited by: Peregrine Falcon ]

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 13
- 5/13/2001 2:33:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

Got the sounds on and so far can say the Air craft sound are very good. Just want to say thanks for your efforts.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

Post #: 14
- 5/13/2001 3:32:00 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

How about putting them in a single zip file as well?

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

Post #: 15
- 5/13/2001 3:33:00 AM   
chief

Great job guys...downloaded all...Used most..looking forward to next batch. BRAVO ZULU :D

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 16
- 5/13/2001 3:44:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Mac: How about putting them in a single zip file as well?
No problem. :) I'll just have to ask Colonel von Blitz about it. [ May 12, 2001: Message edited by: Peregrine Falcon ]

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 17
- 5/13/2001 4:15:00 AM   
davidmiller

I've saved these sounds and have a query to make. Do I replace the files in the snd files with these. At least I am asked if I wish to replace them and uncertain if that is what I do. I don't wish to damage my SPWAW game in any way if you know what I mean. I know you folks know what you are doing, what the problem is though is, that I don't know what I'm doing.

rabid lobo

Post #: 18
- 5/13/2001 4:18:00 AM   
davidmiller

I've saved these sounds and have a query to make. Do I replace the files in the snd files with these. At least I am asked if I wish to replace them and uncertain if that is what I do. I don't wish to damage my SPWAW game in any way if you know what I mean. I know you folks know what you are doing, what the problem is though is, that I don't know what I'm doing.

rabid lobo

Post #: 19
- 5/13/2001 4:24:00 AM   
Cirrus

Yes, You have replace those files in snd folder. Of course if hard disk space is no problem you can take backup copy of all files in the folder or do as I did and take backup copy of those files you replace.

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 20
- 5/13/2001 4:28:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by david miller: I've saved these sounds and have a query to make. Do I replace the files in the snd files with these. At least I am asked if I wish to replace them and uncertain if that is what I do. I don't wish to damage my SPWAW game in any way if you know what I mean. I know you folks know what you are doing, what the problem is though is, that I don't know what I'm doing.
You can replace old sound-files, or if you want to keep old ones around just in case, move old files to another folder (like snd\backup) Like I said, I may provide some sort of ".BAT"-patchfile in the future that backup old sounds automatically, but I'll have to see when I have time to work that thing out. These files wont do any harm to your installed copy of SPWAW. (to your ears maybe, if you turn volume too way up! :D) So no worries :) [ May 12, 2001: Message edited by: Peregrine Falcon ]

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 21
- 5/13/2001 4:29:00 AM   
skukko

In any case of trying these sounds you should take back-up of your recent snd-folder. Now when this is said we can continue :D It starts to look like we Finns can put own campaign against others. Any news of the leagues? PFalcon and Blitz and other Finns: Pbem -folder is empty............ mosh (and for newbies information: simo kukko aka mosh)

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 22
- 5/13/2001 4:37:00 AM   
Voriax

Some of these sounds might need some amplification. The arty sounds in particular felt a bit silent for me...aircraft sounds are very good though :) Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 23
- 5/13/2001 4:41:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: [QB]It starts to look like we Finns can put own campaign against others. Any news of the leagues? PFalcon and Blitz and other Finns: Pbem -folder is empty............
Täälläkin on PBEM-kansio tyhjä, vielä! Kunhan tuossa vain saan raahattua tuon 5.0:n videon koneelle niin yksi PBEM taistelu onkin jo alkamassa..: Helmikuu 1945. Intia/UK vs. Japani "Battle Of Meiktila" Ja vieläpä tarkasti tehdyllä custom-kartalla :D Ehdotuksia muista PBEM-taisteluista otetaan vastaan. :)

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 24
- 5/13/2001 4:44:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: Some of these sounds might need some amplification. The arty sounds in particular felt a bit silent for me...aircraft sounds are very good though :) Voriax
True. Some sounds have way too low volume... I'll have to see if I can fix that one up.

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 25
- 5/13/2001 7:33:00 AM   
Alby

Guys, you all can increase the volumes of the sounds yourselves, just right click on sound, then select "record", this opens up sound recorder. under drop down window effects, there is option to increase volume. make sure you save it after you have made changes. i increased the volume on the arty sounds i used.

Post #: 26
- 5/13/2001 12:10:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Very nice! A hearty thanks to the Colonel and the Falcon!...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 27
- 5/13/2001 3:39:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Very nice! A hearty thanks to the Colonel and the Falcon!...WB
Falcon is the one to be thanked because he alone has done all the work, I merely provided the place to publish those great sounds :) In app. 40 hours there has been over 300 unique hits (some 400 total visits) in the page. Thank you all, we never believed to be that popular :) Keep telling your friends about the page. Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 28
- 5/13/2001 5:16:00 PM   
jambo1

Used your sounds, they are great, now my Screamin'Mimis made the sound that struck fear into Allied soliders. Love your aircraft & tank sounds too. a Bravo Zulu to you. :)

Ya only live til ya die!

Post #: 29
- 5/13/2001 6:12:00 PM   
Gen. Maczek

Thank's very much for these, much apreciated! Regards. Gen. Maczek --------------- "God bless General Montgomery" Gen. Sosabowski C.O. Independent Polish Parachute Brigade [ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: Gen. Maczek ]

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Sound Effects Available to SPWAW - NOW! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI