Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI using the TOE system

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> AI using the TOE system Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI using the TOE system - 10/21/2016 1:24:51 AM   
the_iron_duke

The improvement I'd most like to see in this game would be for the AI to use the TOE system and have this as moddable in the editor.

This idea could be developed further by having the AI build these TOE formation models at specified proportions.

So, for example, if using a regimental scale, one could set it to build within each Corps three infantry regiment formations to every one artillery regiment formation. It would be even better if a Corps HQ could keep a tally of its constituent formations and replace them if a counter was destroyed. So, basically, it would always try to keep that 3:1 balance.

And then a further layer of AI settings to create groups of formations in particular proportions. So it could be set to, say, produce one Armoured Division (made up of four counters) for every five or six Infantry Divisions (each made up of four counters).

Anyway, a very basic system would not be too hard to set up:

a) Player creates TOE models in editor.
b) Setting/option to force AI to use TOE models when creating formations.
c) A weighting system to tell the AI what proportions to build these formations in. A simple way might be that every TOE created in the editor has a frequency value/number that one can adjust. The default would be 1 for every unit - that is that the AI would build one of each formation equally. Then, say, if one wanted it to build three of the TOE Infantry Regiment for every one Artillery Regiment, then one would set the Infantry Regiment setting to 3 and leave the Artillery on default 1. Potentially numbers that are not whole could be used. So if one had some rare formation, it could be set to 0.1 or something.
d) Player sets AI Role for TOE formation. I think AI Roles exist for sub-unit types in the editor. These should then be adapted so that the TOE models can be set to them.

So I think that would be a simple way to get the basics of the system to work. It wouldn't have the next layer of having the AI build groups of formations, such as an Armoured Corps of several Armoured Division counters or an Armoured Division consisting of several counters, but it would be in that direction.
Post #: 1
RE: AI using the TOE system - 10/21/2016 2:53:52 PM   
the_iron_duke

On further consideration, there would also need to be a way for the AI to adjust its production to fill the TOE formations it has created. Maybe it totals up all the sub-units required in its created TOE formations and then auto-adjusts production to the required proportions.

(in reply to the_iron_duke)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> AI using the TOE system Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI