Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft Upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft Upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:11:46 PM   
slane_slith

Is anybody else having problems with aircraft upgrades?

I have a Wildebeest “group” at Colombo that I’d like to upgrade. The first available upgrade is Fulmars and there are 4 in the pool. The next group is Hurricane IIB Tropical (the ones I want to upgrade to) and there are 36 in the pool. It will allow me to select the Fulmars but not the Hurricanes. The Fulmars and Hurricanes show 1/42 availability, it’s Feb 9, 42 in the game. It also advises that it needs 16 planes to upgrade. Whenever I select the group that I want the game shows me the aircraft info screen.

Any ideas?

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:15:56 PM   
btd64

Post a screen shot. Need to see what you're talking about....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to slane_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:20:12 PM   
slane_slith

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:21:23 PM   
slane_slith

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:22:07 PM   
slane_slith

Screwed up the first upload, sorry

Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:29:01 PM   
BBfanboy

Does your base have enough supply to allow the upgrade? Check the manual for all the upgrade criteria.
Or is it just selection of the upgrade path you are trying to do?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:42:16 PM   
slane_slith

Its the upgrade path that I'm having the problem with. I tried upgrading other aircraft at other bases and it seemed to be the same. I didn't check the supply at Colombo, I'll have to check it later. No time right now.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 10:50:33 PM   
BBfanboy

I'm thinking that upgrading from TBs to fighters might not be a valid path for that unit, but I wonder why the option seems to be available in the screen shot you posted.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 11:20:01 PM   
btd64

Supply and airfield size BOTH matter. Some aircraft have different requirements as far as upgrades go. Usually 20K supply and a higher level airfield, like 7 or so is needed. If I have some time later, I'll post more detailed info. For now look at page 257 in the manual....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 11:21:04 PM   
geofflambert

The Hurricane upgrade, as you can see, is not permitted until June. Wait for it.

edit:
Ignore that, just the c version.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 11/3/2016 11:22:32 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 11:25:41 PM   
geofflambert

Sometimes in cases like that, the planes are available in the pools, just not where you want them (Columbo). At some point they will likely be available there. It is similar to the problems you can have trying to get replacement planes, they may be available in the pool, just not to the squadron (at the moment) you want to get them.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 11
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 11:57:38 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: slane

[image][/image]

Where are you clicking to select the Hurri? You should click on the Hurri IIb highlighted (in yellow) located under the highlighted Fulmer (in green) and not on the list to the right which isn't selectable.

Post #: 12
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/3/2016 11:59:24 PM   
dmaramba

quote:

I have a Wildebeest “group” at Colombo that I’d like to upgrade. The first available upgrade is Fulmars and there are 4 in the pool. The next group is Hurricane IIB Tropical (the ones I want to upgrade to) and there are 36 in the pool. It will allow me to select the Fulmars but not the Hurricanes. The Fulmars and Hurricanes show 1/42 availability, it’s Feb 9, 42 in the game. It also advises that it needs 16 planes to upgrade. Whenever I select the group that I want the game shows me the aircraft info screen.

Any ideas?

Slane, the problem may be that you are trying to get the Hurricanes to "jump the queue" ahead of the Fulmars. I just tried to do something similar in my game and I got the exact same result you did. Here is one way I resolved it:

1-On the Group Information screen, make sure the toggle is set to "Do not upgrade."
2-Click the "Do not upgrade" text (NOT the toggle button!)
3-The screen you posted should appear; the Fulmars should be green, BUT the toggle at the bottom should say "Do not Upgrade."
4-Click the toggle button to "Upgrade Allowed."
5-Click the Hurricanes. They should turn green; the Fulmars should turn yellow and a (+) should appear after them, indicating these represent the original upgrade path.
6-Click "Done" to return to the Group Information screen.
7-On the Group Information screen, click "Upgrade Now". If this option is grayed out, it means your base does not meet the conditions; the planes will be upgraded as soon as it does.

Another way to resolve the issue is simply to "upgrade now" to the Fulmars, and then immediately "upgrade now" to the Hurricanes. I've gone that route, too.

< Message edited by dmaramba -- 11/4/2016 12:02:49 AM >

Post #: 13
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/4/2016 1:30:44 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

PDU on or off?

(in reply to dmaramba)
Post #: 14
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/4/2016 3:03:20 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: dmaramba

quote:

Any ideas?

Slane, the problem may be that you are trying to get the Hurricanes to "jump the queue" ahead of the Fulmars. I just tried to do something similar in my game and I got the exact same result you did. Here is one way I resolved it:

1-On the Group Information screen, make sure the toggle is set to "Do not upgrade."
3-The screen you posted should appear; the Fulmars should be green, BUT the toggle at the bottom should say "Do not Upgrade."
5-Click the Hurricanes. They should turn green; the Fulmars should turn yellow and a (+) should appear after them, indicating these represent the original upgrade path.
7-On the Group Information screen, click "Upgrade Now". If this option is grayed out, it means your base does not meet the conditions; the planes will be upgraded as soon as it does.

Another way to resolve the issue is simply to "upgrade now" to the Fulmars, and then immediately "upgrade now" to the Hurricanes. I've gone that route, too.

You may have hit on the problem - if the OP was clicking on the Hurri IIb and then clicking "Exit" instead of done, it would not keep the change!

(in reply to dmaramba)
Post #: 15
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/7/2016 10:01:07 PM   
slane_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: dmaramba

quote:

Any ideas?

I'll give this a try and get back to you

(in reply to dmaramba)
Post #: 16
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/7/2016 10:02:16 PM   
slane_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

PDU on or off?

Was off. I turned it on. I'll see if it makes a difference.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 17
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 11/7/2016 10:05:11 PM   
slane_slith

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

PDU on or off?

Was off. I turned it on. I'll see if it makes a difference.

PDU did it. I don't ever recall turning it on in my previous games but worked the first time. Either that or it was on and one of my kids got to pushing buttons.
Thanks LST!

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft Upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI