Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still A Great Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Still A Great Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still A Great Game - 1/4/2016 2:33:44 AM   
Queeg

With the release of Wars of Napoleon (and the wait for it to be patched), I've returned to CoGEE for my Napoleonic era fix. This is still a surprisingly fun and innovative game - and still the best Napoleonic grand strategy game ever.

Anyone else still playing this?
Post #: 1
RE: Still A Great Game - 1/6/2016 12:58:50 AM   
michaelspotts

I actually just got this based on your reference to it in the WoN forum! I have FoF and am pretty unfamiliar with the whole Napoleonics time period so I am reading up historically while I learn to play this and AGEOD system with CW II and WoN.

Thanks for the good remarks, this is a gem like FoF.

Michael

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 2
RE: Still A Great Game - 1/6/2016 10:18:08 PM   
Nimrod 9th

Haven't had it out for awhile but yes, when I do, I enjoy it. I'd be willing to try a multi-player. BUT I've only played it against the AI and only on the easiest levels. So, it would be best if I was one of the smaller countries.

(in reply to michaelspotts)
Post #: 3
RE: Still A Great Game - 1/24/2016 2:52:39 PM   
gottagofish

I still enjoy playing this game (needs that last patch though). I too have only played against the AI as my playing time is sporadic. I wish this game had a MichaelM like WitP AE has to fix those small code problems. The base game is great!

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 4
RE: Still A Great Game - 2/26/2016 5:04:07 PM   
Sirlion

Yep, same here, bought the game two days ago out of curiosity and positive feedback (the boxed edition of course), and also because WoN is making me mad. Really... I dont know if I'll ever touch that game again, IF they dont finish with the damn patches (shall we say finish the game? Better, yes, sounds better). I'm new to the whole setup but this seems definitely a great tactical game. The three fighting options from simple to deep combat are satisfying and the AI isnt total trash. So far, very proud of the purchase.

(in reply to gottagofish)
Post #: 5
RE: Still A Great Game - 3/4/2016 5:10:26 PM   
Queeg

I've pretty much given up on WoN myself. Even if they successfully patch it, which I think is far from assured, they made some design decisions that make WoN a much more linear game than COGEE. WoN is event driven - you are trying to recreate certain specific historical conditions to trigger a series of predefined events.

COGEE is much more open-ended. While the results can be, and often are, ahistorical, they vary greatly from game to game and let the player make dynamic decisions that fit the campaign at hand, rather than trying to mimic a series of historical outcomes.

< Message edited by Queeg -- 3/4/2016 5:32:16 PM >

(in reply to Sirlion)
Post #: 6
RE: Still A Great Game - 3/5/2016 10:20:47 AM   
mike brown

Still playing this game and still enjoying it...I have given up on Campaigns of the Danube, still bugged and still annoying despite the recent patch.

< Message edited by mike brown -- 3/5/2016 10:21:38 AM >

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 7
RE: Still A Great Game - 8/29/2016 1:22:56 AM   
Vasquez

Started with COG:EE again. Still a great game indeed. Cant stop playing (2am in the morning again Jesus).

(in reply to mike brown)
Post #: 8
RE: Still A Great Game - 10/23/2016 5:48:28 PM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
Just purchased and installed on Win 10 laptop and enjoying.
I wish I had purchased this long ago rather than struggle with AGEOD's Napoleon's Campaigns and Wars of Napoleon. I find CCEE to offer a good in depth strategy, operational and tactical experience all in one.
Thanks to all in the forum for you posted recommendations which finally convinced to try it.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 9
RE: Still A Great Game - 10/25/2016 6:50:48 PM   
ncc1701e

But, is there no limit in terms of screen resolution or a workaround to bypass it?
I have an anniversary coupon coming soon and I am tempted by this one.

Thanks

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 10
RE: Still A Great Game - 10/25/2016 7:03:07 PM   
Alan Sharif

Yes, it is still a great game. I have never bothered with the Ageod Napoleonic games and player feedback looks like I wont be buying them soon.

A Sharif

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 11
RE: Still A Great Game - 11/5/2016 12:01:41 PM   
papajack

Reinstalled and to give this game another go after putting aside when I first bought it.

Recently purchased Victory & Glory Napoleon and instantly love the Napoleon era ....

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 12
RE: Still A Great Game - 2/25/2021 3:29:55 PM   
W8taminute

I've been playing this game again the past couple of days. I forgot how fun this game really is. I also love the fact that you can hotseat play it.

IMHO this game is much better than AGEOD WoN.

Forgive me my old friend...but I must use all my experience, to get home.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Still A Great Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI