Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One peoplegroup in a unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> One peoplegroup in a unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One peoplegroup in a unit - 11/10/2016 8:50:30 AM   
Saarud

I making a small fantasy scenario which will feature different races. I don't want different races in the same formation. Is that possible to forbid somehow?
Post #: 1
RE: One peoplegroup in a unit - 11/10/2016 9:44:20 AM   
ernieschwitz

First a Big Welcome to the modding forum for ATG!

What you are asking for really cannot be done with the current way the engine functions, but there is at least one workaround that I can imagine. It does come with some drawbacks though.

Firstly, you can prevent transfers from one unit to another, via rulevars. Secondly you can make all production PPs or supplies, then thirdly you can make units (whole units with only one race) buildable via action cards... and that should do it. :)

However it means that you need to either program the AI if you want one, to be able to play the cards, and possibly in a random fashion, or planned fashion, this could take some time. Or simply give up on having an AI and make it a human only scenario.

That is what I can think of.

(in reply to Saarud)
Post #: 2
RE: One peoplegroup in a unit - 11/10/2016 10:48:06 AM   
Vic

My 2 cents:

1. Easiest is to ask why you don't want it. You would allow them in the same hex right? If its just about immersion... You could consider the subformations as units and the unit as an army if you'd like.

2. Do not actually forbid it (its complicated, see ernie's response) but make a scripted rule that penalizes the player for having them in the same hex (for human players only i advise). Like a morale drop.

Looking forward to your mod. Its been a long time since i have seen something fantasy done with ATG.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: One peoplegroup in a unit - 11/10/2016 3:01:38 PM   
Saarud

First thanks for the big welcome! And thanks for making such a beutiful game! I also bought all 3 decisive campaign games even though I'm actually not very fond of WW2 games. How about that.

Well I will look into ernies suggestion. Sounds abit what I want. But as I do plan to have AIs I have to look into that first. As a solo player myself AI is the most important aspect when I'm looking for scenarios. I looked into the rulesvar and event scripting and from what I can see it's actually extremely powerful. I'm excited to see what I can do.

If it's possible I would like to forbid certain races in the same hex? That would be my follow up question. In the end, if I can't make it to work the way I want I will make some events that triggers only for humans.

Btw I can't see any fantasy scenarios at all? This is actually the second time I buy this game and the first time I do remember playing a fantasy scenario that I think Vic made? Also there was a MP scenario of LOTR that had some fancy scripting that I would love to look into again. Can't find any fantasy scenarios now at all.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: One peoplegroup in a unit - 11/10/2016 3:38:29 PM   
Vic

Check out the Community & Scenariobank of www.vrdesigns.net . http://www.vrdesigns.net/scenariobank.php

Also.. with owning DC you could also go for the DC:Community Project to make your scenario. Less flexibility , better AI, no production like in ATG, but for new-comers much easier to work with.

Best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 11/10/2016 3:39:04 PM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Saarud)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> One peoplegroup in a unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI