Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

world war based on WITP Game system

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> world war based on WITP Game system Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
world war based on WITP Game system - 11/14/2016 3:52:12 PM   
amberfrost

will there be a war in Europe based on the WITP game system in the future ? if so will we be able to link the two and play the game as the entire WW 2 from 1939 thru till the end ?
Post #: 1
RE: world war based on WITP Game system - 11/14/2016 3:57:09 PM   
Alfred

No.

Alfred

(in reply to amberfrost)
Post #: 2
RE: world war based on WITP Game system - 11/14/2016 4:10:10 PM   
BBfanboy

The game engine itself is old and would have very limited appeal to a new generation of players, so the likelihood of selling enough product ot offset development costs is just not there.

It is conceivable that someone could devise a new map set with all the location data needed and add all the naval, land and air units + pilots and leaders in the scenario files but that would likely exceed the memory capacity of the game engine (my guess) and in any event would be a monumental task requiring a huge amount of man-hours. Just not doable in realistic terms.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to amberfrost)
Post #: 3
RE: world war based on WITP Game system - 11/14/2016 11:07:53 PM   
geofflambert

WitP-AE is built around getting naval warfare right, to such an extent as to be inappropriate for the ETO. As an example, one among many, some players (like me) spend on the order of half their time managing pilots. An ETO game that stressed that area would simply be unplayable. In addition, anyone playing an ETO game would be interested in much more detail and perhaps micromanagement on LCU operations than is available in this game.

That said, this question is not really a Tech Support question but would be entirely appropriate in the main forum.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: world war based on WITP Game system - 11/14/2016 11:30:06 PM   
kevin_hx

Many years ago , there were several senarios about world war, such as war in Russia and war in Mediterranean etc.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: world war based on WITP Game system - 11/15/2016 8:31:50 AM   
RichardAckermann

I would also appreciate a game that spans the global war with the precision of the WITP AE engine. Unfortunately I believe Alfred is right.

There is only 1 way to get what you want: Learn coding. It's what I did. I am actually working on such a game just for myself, among others.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevin_hx
Many years ago , there were several senarios about world war, such as war in Russia and war in Mediterranean etc.

I would be very interested in the database and art files of those mods.
I could use an italian database.

(in reply to kevin_hx)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> world war based on WITP Game system Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI