Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command capacity?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Command capacity? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 12:05:45 PM   
verdugo94

Hello folks,

Does HQ´s have an optimal command capacity of troops or squadrons that can be under their control or it is unlimited? I havent found nothing related to this in the manual. I hope you can enlight me

< Message edited by verdugo94 -- 11/18/2016 12:06:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 12:11:34 PM   
geofflambert

I will enlight you. You meant "I haven't found anything". Good question. I don't know the answer but think it is unlimited, not that that is realistic, but the complexity of reality is in some cases impossible to represent in a game like this. Someone will be along shortly with a better answer.

(in reply to verdugo94)
Post #: 2
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 12:17:42 PM   
btd64

OK, An HQ can have 1 or 100 or more units attached. The limiting factor is the command range of the HQ. What HQ are you refering to? Different HQ's have different jobs/capabilities....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 3
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 12:30:53 PM   
verdugo94

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I will enlight you. You meant "I haven't found anything". Good question. I don't know the answer but think it is unlimited, not that that is realistic, but the complexity of reality is in some cases impossible to represent in a game like this. Someone will be along shortly with a better answer.

Thanks for your correction, sometimes I translate spanish->english too directly About the topic, I thought It was like WITE where armies have a limit and if you sorpass it they have some logistics problems..

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

OK, An HQ can have 1 or 100 or more units attached. The limiting factor is the command range of the HQ. What HQ are you refering to? Different HQ's have different jobs/capabilities....GP

For example 22 Air Flotilla as Japan, what is the limit of aircraft squadrons that can be attached to it?

Or the 25th Army, how many divisions or brigades can be under it control?

An Army and a Front have the same command capacity?

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 12:36:46 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: verdugo94

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Thanks for your correction, sometimes I translate spanish->english too directly About the topic, I thought It was like WITE where armies have a limit and if you sorpass it they have some logistics problems..

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

For example 22 Air Flotilla as Japan, what is the limit of aircraft squadrons that can be attached to it?

Or the 25th Army, how many divisions or brigades can be under it control?

An Army and a Front have the same command capacity?

Well, I didn't "enlight" you as well as I should, it's enlighten, and you have now enlightened us to your mother tongue.

(in reply to verdugo94)
Post #: 5
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 12:50:04 PM   
btd64

As I mentioned, Pretty much unlimited. Now I tend to Assign units i manageable numbers. For example 4 divisions to a Corps HQ with attached Support units like Artillery, Armored Cav, etc. But you can pretty much do as you please. But I would keep in manageable....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 3:31:46 PM   
bradfordkay

As far as Air HQs and squadrons go, there is no actual limit on the number of squadrons they can control - BUT - there is a limit to the number of squadrons which can be active on the air bases within their command range. The Air HQ adds its command range value to the number of squadrons that can be active at an airbase in the same command within its command range and half that value to the number of squadrons that can be active at air bases of another command that are within its command range. This is in addition to the number of squadrons that can be active due to the base size.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 7
RE: Command capacity? - 11/18/2016 9:16:07 PM   
dmaramba

Unlimited.

Forget about WITE. In WITP-AE HQs do not have a command capacity; they have a Command Radius. The Command Radius of an HQ is displayed on its Ground Unit Information screen in the top left corner. An HQ confers certain bonuses on all units within its Command Radius. These bonuses are described in section 8.1.1 of the manual.

An HQ confers its bonuses equally on all units within its Command Range. It does not matter if the unit is attached to that HQ or not. (Air HQs are an exception to this, as bradfordkay has described in his post above.)

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Command capacity? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI