Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Victors and possible 5.0 bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Victors and possible 5.0 bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Victors and possible 5.0 bug - 5/13/2001 2:20:00 AM   
joshstarjosh

how hard is this campaign? somehow i was able to kill all of those russian tanks while only losing 4 of my own.. i think i may have been able to do it because there seems to be a bug regarding the amount and type of ammo that units using bazookas are given during op fire ,for example one airborn unit killed 7 or 8 tanks over the course of the scenario using op fire alone ... which was weird because they only had 2 heat projectiles to begin with. Each time it would ask if i want to opp fire id say yes and then be amazed to see that they were in fact using heat ammo... this actually was true for all my units using the mp bazooka. If this is a bug that has been discussed before excuse my post.... great game and keep up the good work oh one last thing ... why are there 2 The victors campaigns listed on the campaigns screen?

Post #: 1
- 5/13/2001 5:51:00 AM   
Drex

One of them is an easy campaign the other a "hard one". You must be playing the easy one cause i'm still trying to win the hard one.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to joshstarjosh)
Post #: 2
- 5/13/2001 7:17:00 AM   
Supervisor

:p Be careful, when we say hard it's a bit of an under statement. Even the co-creator WB admit he gets boonswaggled (or something just as bad)when he plays. When that happens it's usually doomsday for the rest of us. I can't wait to play with the new OOB's from ver 5.01.

Post #: 3
- 5/13/2001 12:00:00 PM   
Wild Bill

"Boonswaggled" describes it well Gmenfan. Yes, I think you were playing the easy version, Josh! From the ease of tank killing going on, you just might be ready for the hard version and find it more challenging...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 4
- 5/13/2001 12:17:00 PM   
Reg

Have you got the limited ammo preference set?? With this preference off you will have unlimited HEAT ammo. Just a thought, Reg.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

Post #: 5
- 5/13/2001 2:13:00 PM   
Voriax

There's definitely something odd with the bazooka. I suspected the same thing earlier when I was playing one of the Bill's scenarios. I decided to make a small test. I created a scenario with just some bazooka teams and immobile, unarmed tanks as targets. Even though I had given these bazooka teams only HE ammo they still hit these tanks with HEAT and with correct penetration for HEAT ammo. AND they used these HE rounds also in a normal manner ie. against infantry. Those teams that had the normal ammo load (6 HE + 10 HEAT) worked normally. And yes, limited ammo on..I checked the ammo load before each shot. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 6
- 5/14/2001 10:24:00 AM   
joshstarjosh

i forgot to mention that all i only had 6 tanks to begin with one was routed off the field on the first turn and one was immobilized in a house, i also lost almost every single motorized vehicle i had, trucks , halftracks, scouts all of them i was able to get a draw by some fluke . if this is the easy version the hard one must be next to impossible... hmm there was a point to this before i started typing ...hmmm oh well

Post #: 7
- 5/14/2001 10:47:00 AM   
lnp4668

Maybe the HE bazooka bug is the reason why my rangers are so deadly against armor in the Long Victory campaign. Well, with they maneuverability, I tend to end up with side and rear shot most of the time anyway :D

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

Post #: 8
- 5/15/2001 10:39:00 PM   
Steel Thunder

I noticed that bazooka bug too. I'm currently playing Victors in v5.01 with limited ammo on. Many, but not every time my bazooka units fire HEAT-shells even though they only have HE-shells left. Steel Thunder

Post #: 9
- 5/16/2001 12:05:00 AM   
Warhorse

I believe the bazooka ammo thing is due to a code, to enable HEAT penetration to HE rounds, 222 or something. that might have been the number for APCR, but I think this is the case. If this number is in the HEAT penetration field in the oob editor, it will use HE ammo same as HEAT, against vehicles, but also the same HE rounds against 'soft' targets.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Victors and possible 5.0 bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI