Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adventurous Kat Lover required

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Adventurous Kat Lover required Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adventurous Kat Lover required - 4/24/2003 4:04:23 AM   
Squirmer

I would like to try an experimental type of game with me playing Soviets and someone else Germans. SPH2H, Dec 1944, C&C On.

This will be a scenario which bypasses the normal purchase system. Historic ratings remain in effect.

All I will say at this point is that you will command a combined armour/infantry force on an unusual large map (100x80). You get to choose your AFVs and their ammo loadouts.

More details if I get a taker :)
Post #: 1
- 4/24/2003 4:45:02 AM   
M4Jess

Meeeeeeeowwwwwwwwww :D

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 2
- 4/24/2003 5:06:54 AM   
bud

i would like to take you up on this-- but the new oob`s are due out this week -- can we hold until then ??:cool: :cool: :cool:

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 3
- 4/24/2003 5:29:05 AM   
Squirmer

Jess I don't believe you :) Though the scen can work the other way around as well ... T-34 Jess?

bud is that the actual release of the new version of H2H or are you talking about the 7.1 OOBs?

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 4
Some more details - 4/24/2003 7:46:34 AM   
Squirmer

Like I said this is highly experimental; vaguely inspired by the tank fight games. The basic idea is to see who can choose and use armour (and ammo) best but in a combined arms environment. Another aim is to make every unit "precious".

Salient points:

[list]
  • Any tank may be "purchased" but the more expensive ones get reduced ammo loadouts.
  • The map is totally unrealistic and symmetrical :eek:
  • It is also not very vehicle friendly in places.
  • Vehicle breakdowns is On but Weapon Breakdowns is Off
  • Both sides have roughly symmetrical forces i.e. 9 AFVs and 3 platoons of infantry (with transport).
  • The infantry is generic i.e. no elites and no squad AT weapons except grenades.
  • However each platoon does get an expanded Inf-AT team to compensate.
  • 3 of the AFVs (the defence - TDs) are restricted as to where they can go by the map.
  • The other AFVs may accompany the infantry on their quest to capture the objectives.
  • There is no arty - if you want to pound the grunts with HE you'll have to get your tanks to do it.
  • There is no infantry smoke. Again you must get your tanks to provide this function.
  • The Searching parameter is set to 50%. This ameliorates the infantry "hiding" problem a bit and is going to be the new SPH2H default anyway.
    [/list]

If you're concerned about playing C&C On all I can say is that a) all units have pre-assigned sensible objectives and b) in brief play-testing I only had to re-assign objectives once in 20 turns.

(in reply to Squirmer)
  • Post #: 5
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Adventurous Kat Lover required Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI