Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small suggestion for the 1943 scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Small suggestion for the 1943 scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small suggestion for the 1943 scenario - 11/25/2016 9:31:46 AM   
Ohf

Hi !

In the 1943 scenario, the Allied invasion of Sicily is especially easy unless the Axis operates troops there on the first turn. Kesselring is also only available for purchase (coming in October 43). Kesselring was in Italy at the time of the allied landing in Sicily. As for german troops, three mechanized divisions were present + the 1st FSJ from the 12th of July. The player can operate the 1FSJ from Küstrin on the first turn though.
So I'd suggest that Kesselring is already deployed in Italy (Naples maybe), and that the 15th Panzergrenadier (available for purchase) would be deployed in Messina.

Although I understand it might do finds too difficult for the AI for the initial landing. However Kesselring should be available in Italy at the beginning of the campaign.

< Message edited by Ohf -- 11/25/2016 9:43:42 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Small suggestion for the 1943 scenario - 11/25/2016 4:36:50 PM   
BillRunacre

Thanks Ohf.

It's a tricky one, because the Allies go second in this campaign and we needed to make sure that the Axis couldn't use the benefit of hindsight and slaughter the invasion force in their turn, so the Axis start the campaign with limited ability to reinforce Sicily.

In the long run if we feel we can/should beef up the Germans more for balance purposes then we'll see about placing some German units in the area, though in a way that they cannot impede the actual invasion in the first Allied turn.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Ohf)
Post #: 2
RE: Small suggestion for the 1943 scenario - 11/25/2016 5:45:46 PM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre
though in a way that they cannot impede the actual invasion in the first Allied turn.

Reinforcement track with a specific Italian city as deployment area would work. Have em arrive on second turn of game.

Jim

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Small suggestion for the 1943 scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI