Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scen 19 and PM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Scen 19 and PM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scen 19 and PM - 4/24/2003 2:39:13 PM   
spalmer

Hi one and all,

I've played around on Scen 17 (version 2.2) and had no problem vs the Jap AI so decided to move to scen 19 (version 2.3). Did this game sudden;y get harder or what! I'm attempting to hold PM against the Jap bombing raids but I've had all my figher cover blown out of the air. The question is, is it better over the first couple of months to accept that PM is going to get blown to hell and come back later?

Cheers

Simon
Post #: 1
- 4/24/2003 10:08:46 PM   
Mr.Frag

:D

19 gives Japan pretty much what it takes 40+ days to show up in about 26 days. The forces and skills involved are quite improved for Japan.

Pre-Patch 2.30, scenario 19 was added to give Japan a chance at winning the game. Since the changes in 2.30 have corrected a lot of the USA super god bugs, 19 is now a lot tougher for the Allied side.

(in reply to spalmer)
Post #: 2
- 4/25/2003 10:28:48 PM   
crsutton

I agree with Mr. Frag. Since 2.3 toned down some of the super powers of American LBA, scen 17 is the best as far as balance goes.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to spalmer)
Post #: 3
- 4/27/2003 1:09:01 AM   
spalmer

Thanks for the info!
I think I'll go back to scen 17 after loosing 4 out of 5 carriers to the japanese 7 in just one day of combat (I did manage to land a couple of hits on his carriers but didn't sink any)... I was a little supprised to see 7 of their carriers around that early in the game (it was early july).

Cheers

Simon

(in reply to spalmer)
Post #: 4
- 4/27/2003 5:42:19 AM   
Mr.Frag

Japan Starts: 2xCV, 1xCVL, Adds to Japan: 5xCV, 2xCLV turn 30

USA Starts: 2xCV, Adds to Pearl: 2xCV turn 20, 1xCV turn 45, 1xCV turn 60

When one factors travel time in from Pearl->Noumea (19 days) or Japan->Truk (11 days) it becomes a function of a roll of the dice as to how many of those get released. Japan can have 10 CV/CVL in theater on turn 41 vs USA 4 CV on turn 39 assuming the ships get released.

Japan could have 7 more CV/CVL's in Truk on June 10th.

USA could have 2 more CV's in Noumea on June 8th.

Major CV battles in July should come as no shock as most of the CV's that are going to get released should be in play by then.

(in reply to spalmer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Scen 19 and PM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI