Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Comments about the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Comments about the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Comments about the game - 11/28/2016 1:51:28 PM   
rudisa

So, I played the demo for a while and I purchased this game during the xmas sale. First of all, I have to say that I stumbled on this game completely by accident. When it comes to this kind of turn-based tactical games, I've played the usual suspects, but I had never heard of this game before. Why does this game get so little attention?

I don't get it, because it's a real gem. The balance between detail and abstraction is just right; the interface is clear and easy to use; I love the orders system; I love the interactive "message box"; the amount of content in the game is just amazing and the editors provided are powerful and easy to use. Wow.

The only thing I wish was added to the game is more nationalities. If we could play with Italians, Romanians, Finnish, etc... This would be the definitive Eastern Front tactical game, no contest.

Anyway, I realize I'm late to the party, but I wanted to congratulate and thank the developers for a great product!
Post #: 1
RE: Comments about the game - 11/28/2016 2:19:21 PM   
zakblood

glad you enjoyed it, and nobody is ever late, as the party never stopped

(in reply to rudisa)
Post #: 2
RE: Comments about the game - 11/28/2016 6:00:35 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: rudisa

So, I played the demo for a while and I purchased this game during the xmas sale. First of all, I have to say that I stumbled on this game completely by accident. When it comes to this kind of turn-based tactical games, I've played the usual suspects, but I had never heard of this game before. Why does this game get so little attention?

I don't get it, because it's a real gem. The balance between detail and abstraction is just right; the interface is clear and easy to use; I love the orders system; I love the interactive "message box"; the amount of content in the game is just amazing and the editors provided are powerful and easy to use. Wow.

The only thing I wish was added to the game is more nationalities. If we could play with Italians, Romanians, Finnish, etc... This would be the definitive Eastern Front tactical game, no contest.

Anyway, I realize I'm late to the party, but I wanted to congratulate and thank the developers for a great product!

Thanks! I know Mobius still stops in here and has worked on a new map and scenario recently. I'd like to see more nationalities added as well.

Thanks and enjoy!

Rick

(in reply to rudisa)
Post #: 3
RE: Comments about the game - 11/28/2016 6:38:28 PM   
budd

Wish they go with a new engine and keep PC going, probably not going happen. The game is great, especially the armor model and the content is massive and your just not going to see packages like this anymore.it's always installed on my machines.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Comments about the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI