Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/12/2016 2:26:33 PM   
OnFire

The CMANO developers become crazy and hijack an Independence-class littoral combat ship. The only thing between them and world domination is the USS Missouri manned by members of the matrixgames forum.

< Message edited by OnFire -- 8/12/2016 2:27:43 PM >

(in reply to oaltinyay)
Post #: 31
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/12/2016 5:08:33 PM   
ComDev

USS Missouri won't stand a chance.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to OnFire)
Post #: 32
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/13/2016 11:57:52 AM   
CaptCarnage

quote:

Command LIVE is a very ambitious project. Its aim is to recreate highly accurate scenarios from real-world situations and events, as they happen

Eerm... Crimea, anyone?

"One must always distrust the report of troop commanders: 'We have no fuel' [...] You see, if they become tired they suddenly lack fuel" - Heinz Guderian, Panzer Leader

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 33
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/13/2016 11:59:00 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyhigh

quote:

Command LIVE is a very ambitious project. Its aim is to recreate highly accurate scenarios from real-world situations and events, as they happen

Eerm... Crimea, anyone?

This time is what? Russian Anti-frogman operation? Or Ukraine Anti-S400 operation?

(in reply to CaptCarnage)
Post #: 34
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/13/2016 12:31:44 PM   
CaptCarnage

Well I might be sadly mistaken but there appears t be a huge troop buildup on Crimea, and Ukr forces are on high alert.

Now the LIVE Brexit campaign has NATO vs RU scens in the Baltics, but it would be missing the LIVE mission statement as the crisis is currently a bit more south than that.

Just saying.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 35
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/13/2016 3:51:25 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyhigh

Well I might be sadly mistaken but there appears t be a huge troop buildup on Crimea, and Ukr forces are on high alert.

Now the LIVE Brexit campaign has NATO vs RU scens in the Baltics, but it would be missing the LIVE mission statement as the crisis is currently a bit more south than that.

Just saying.

Yes this is definitely an up and coming issue again. Definitely should add it to the list.

Mike

(in reply to CaptCarnage)
Post #: 36
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 8/22/2016 6:16:49 PM   
DanielGBallard

I'd love to see a Guam strike centric scenario V China bases in the south. No carrier group but a task force including DDG 1000 and ABM / Tomahawk CG. China much as in Red Dragon

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 37
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 9/1/2016 4:13:47 PM   
SpadeAce

This might be interesting conflicts:
* Arctics militarization
May involve some aggressive "Green" activists attacking oil infrastructure
* Crimea/East Ukraine
Can involve Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and other NATO countries, which naval presence in Black Sea is limited by Montreux Convention
* North Korea looks unpredictable with new leader in charge
Could involve both Koreas, Chine, Russia, Japan and US
* Egypt can become a host for China invasion to Libia (because of many Chinese interests in Africa suffered after fall of Gaddafi). Can also involve NATO and Russia
* Iran and Saudi Arabia are good old rivals.

(in reply to DanielGBallard)
Post #: 38
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 9/30/2016 11:51:41 PM   
Wasicun

Pakistan vs India... kashmir region

(in reply to SpadeAce)
Post #: 39
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/3/2016 9:26:28 AM   
kch

Romania/Moldova vs Russia (and seperatist) clashing. An attempt by the Russians to organise a "Little Green men" style invasion escalates as Romanian nationalists intervene in Moldova.

GCC vs Iran. A rapidly escalating Gulf war with litte US presence at first. Iran moves to close the straits and incite various rebellions supported by Republican Guard and regular forces. Several variants could be played, with Israel intervening, Iraq supporting either side (depending on what you asume happens), Turkey intervening.. etc etc

China vs Taiwan, with different objectives ranging from bombardment, blockade through full invasion. Should include different levels of intervention by the US and / or multinational forces.

< Message edited by kch -- 10/3/2016 3:15:48 PM >

(in reply to Wasicun)
Post #: 40
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/3/2016 3:10:17 PM   
Tailhook

In light of the recent Indian raid, I think an Indo-Pakistani conflict could be a good scenario. Throw in a possible nuclear escalation because those are the most fun...

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 41
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/9/2016 4:56:57 AM   
juanchopancho

China vs. Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, India, Malaysia. All subs. After China takes over Spratly's in a surprise invasion. Goal is to sink any tankers heading for China to cripple their economy.

Gulf states vs Iran. Houthis start sinking gulf state ships with silkworm missiles given to them by Iran. After several ships are sunk Gulf states respond.

(in reply to Tailhook)
Post #: 42
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/12/2016 4:22:07 PM   
Gneckes

I'd like to see something based around the recent launch of Iranian AShMs towards a USN DDG.

(in reply to juanchopancho)
Post #: 43
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/13/2016 4:37:05 AM   
jun5896

How about invasion of North Korea? North Korea carry out a nuclear test until now.

This concept is against nuclear weapon. AEGIS can intercept north korea nuclear missile. Also It place emphasis on annihilating DPRK TEL.

And refer to the OPLAN 5027, OPLAN 5015(2015.6.1 ~ )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPLAN_5027

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5015.htm

If It happened "sudden change" in DPRK, This situation is OPLAN 5029.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPLAN_5029

North Korea (Play side; situation 1 - control nuclear weapon), China (conditional enter a war - Play side; situation 2), Russia (friendly China - Play side; situation 2 [Option] Unfriendly neutral against US)

vs

United States and South Korea (Play side; US can control ROK Army during wartime), Japan (friendly - purpose check Russian military activity)

situation 1 - The Chinese tolerates US-ROK allied emasculate DPRK nuclear facilities and weapons. It is limited war against DPRK(OPLAN 5015).

situation 2 - DPRK government was overthrown by coup. But some military clique control nuclear weapon. US-ROK and China, Russia main purpose control North Korea and secure North Korea nuclear weapons. US-ROK launched a OPLAN 5029. But Chinese government decided to intervened in this crisis. Russia and Japan observe the situation.

this scenario starts on October, 2017.

< Message edited by jun5896 -- 10/13/2016 5:35:56 AM >

(in reply to Gneckes)
Post #: 44
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/13/2016 6:46:46 AM   
Cik

i'd really like korean war round 2. getting control of whatever U.S. forces are in the region and the ROK order of battle would be interesting. AFAIK they have lots of their own homebrewed equipment like that shilka lookalike, and the SK airforce is pretty robust.

perhaps i'm wrong in thinking it would be kind of one-sided; if you throw china supporting them in as a wildcard and make the ROK objectives harder (protect seoul, win in a certain amount of time, prevent losses.. etc.) you could still make it challenging, i think.

(in reply to jun5896)
Post #: 45
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/26/2016 12:34:28 PM   
Foxendown

Two ideas:

1. For Command Live: the implementation of a "no fly" zone in Syria (topical too!). Give the player options for the zone, with different outcomes possible according to the decisions made.

2. If you ever want to go retro: a new series of scenarios based on turning points (top of my list Cuban Missile crisis, another possible, Chinese direct intervention in Vietnam)-call it Command Nexus or something like that.

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 46
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 10/26/2016 3:08:37 PM   
kch

For Command Nexus (love it!!), the Suez Crisis would be great too... or the Iran - Iraq war.

(in reply to Foxendown)
Post #: 47
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 11/16/2016 7:59:25 AM   
npsergio

In spite of the blockade on Cuba softening by Obama, due to the last US elections results, Cuba announced military exercices.
The brand new US President Trump ordered military exercices too to prove the cunbans his determination to cease the concessions to the castro's regime.
Maduro supports Cuba. And there are possibilities that the conflict extent to Colombia (it have been some border tensions lastly between Colombia and venezuela).
Russia is an ally of Cuba and Venezuela and may be could be into the fray in a limited way (Russia is currently on Syria and want to keep an open door to the new US president to change relations between these two powers)
I hope it's well written. Sorry for the mistakes done.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 48
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 11/18/2016 5:01:03 AM   
npsergio

Actualization about you brexit etc and old grudges:

BBC News:
Lithuanian foreign minister:
Mr Linkevicius said there was a danger that Mr Putin would see the period between now and the inauguration of Donald Trump in January as an opportunity to test the military preparedness and diplomatic determination of the Western alliance.
"The new administration doesn't come in until the second part of January," he said. "I'm very afraid and concerned about this period not just because of the regions which are close to here but let's hope that Aleppo is not smashed from the ground by then."

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 49
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 11/19/2016 5:04:55 AM   
MR_BURNS2

A second Nagorno-Karabakh War kicking off after an incident similar to the April 2016 Armenian–Azerbaijani clashes, or because of some clash between Turks and Armenians etc.

Russia and Armenia vs Turkey and Azerbaijan(and maybe Turkmenistan?) with NATO being mostly neutral because no NATO member is under direct attack.

This could make for an interesting mix, different variants of S-300 and Mig-29s used by several nations, small Israeli UCAVs which were used there in April for the first time afaik, Turkmen Tarantul with 16 Kh-35 vs Caspian Flotilla etc.
Russia´s involvement could be limited for balancing force levels, or give them a difficult task like reinforcing Russian troops in Armenia with airborne troops through contested airspace within a limited time-frame and few resources available.

Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 50
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 11/29/2016 4:13:48 PM   
Primarchx

Israel dealing with a militant Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
US landing in a fractured Yemen.
Large scale PRC assault on First Island Chain objectives.

(in reply to MR_BURNS2)
Post #: 51
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 11/29/2016 4:41:47 PM   
npsergio

Retro:
-Six Days War air campaign
-Yom Kippur War air campaign

As long as I know (I'm new to this game), there are not any scenario about those famous air campaigns. Maybe I'm wrong, am I?

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 52
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 12/1/2016 2:32:26 PM   
FIaps

How about: Trump embargoes Saudi Arabia which leads to a war with China. The US and Russia vs China and EU (Germany and Sweden all get willingly drafted to stop the h8).

- Chinese air force operating out of Djibouti along with Arab states vs US Navy
- Russian marines making a beachhead on Turkey
- UK vs Germany/Sweden in the North Sea
- US vs Canada/Secessionist California

This would be so dope!

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 53
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 12/1/2016 9:42:23 PM   
Hongjian

Whacky scenarios for a change would be fun.

(in reply to FIaps)
Post #: 54
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 12/1/2016 10:00:26 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hongjian

Whacky scenarios for a change would be fun.

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 55
RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios - 12/7/2016 9:42:03 AM   
AlGrant

The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries Vs Iran.

GCC consists of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & UAE.
They already have a small joint military organisation & HQ - Peninsular Shield Force.

Essentially this would be West coast gulf states vs East coast gulf states, with the US and Russia not getting directly involved other than for the protection of civilian shipping in the region when hostilities start.

Links:
https://chronicle.fanack.com/specials/role-of-the-gcc/
http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/dossiers/2015/03/201533164429153675.html
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/gulf/gcc.htm
http://www.iss.europa.eu/uploads/media/Alert_52_Arab_army.pdf

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 56
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command LIVE – Wish List Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI