Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) - 12/9/2016 10:17:41 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

The Fiery October is a project I've been wanting to kick off. It is based on the assumption that the Cuban Missile Crisis turned hot following the shooting down of a U-2 on 27 October, 1962. This series of scenarios (or perhaps when all is said and done one large scenario) will cover a 24-36 hour period from the shooting down of the U-2 through subsequent actions. This will be an all air series, focusing on land based USAF and USN aircraft in Florida and perhaps later from Guantanamo Bay.

Scenario 1- Reprisal will cover the period of time from mid-afternoon on the 27th through late evening. Following the U-2 shoot down additional reconnaissance missions are ordered, as well as a reprisal strike against the SAM site that shot down the U-2. Messages during game play will explain your orders at the proper times. However, it is up to the player to plan and execute the missions in any way he or she sees fit.

Please keep in mind that this is the rough draft of the scenario and is light in a number of areas. Specifically: scoring, briefing, events, and victory conditions.

As always, feedback is welcomed. Enjoy the scenario!

Mike

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) - 12/10/2016 10:45:19 AM   
Jorm

hiya
started it and looks fun

initial feedback
- no reloads ?

cheers

Paul

(in reply to MichaelJCuozzo)
Post #: 2
RE: The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) - 12/10/2016 11:32:37 AM   
Primarchx

Initial feedback - where are the San Cristobal and Sagua La Grande MRBM sites that are supposed to be recce'd?

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 3
RE: The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) - 12/10/2016 3:43:24 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorm

hiya
started it and looks fun

initial feedback
- no reloads ?

cheers

Paul

Not for the rough draft, Paul. But in the revisions there will be reloads.

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 4
RE: The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) - 12/10/2016 3:44:38 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

Initial feedback - where are the San Cristobal and Sagua La Grande MRBM sites that are supposed to be recce'd?

Ah! I just realized I did not put the markers down before I saved the copy. So sorry. I'll fix it for the final copy. Thanks for picking that up

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 5
RE: The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) - 12/18/2016 6:00:27 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

Ok, this is version 1.5 of the scenario. I've incorporated some changes and corrections.

-Markers are up for the IRBM sites that will need to be recon'ed early on.
-Scoring issue with 'Blue Fighter Destroyed' has been resolved
-Scoring overall has been streamlined as well. Final changes will be made in the next revised version of the scenario
-Additional reconnaissance missions have been added.
-A/C not taking part in this scenario will be unavailable. I'm keeping them in the game for the moment, however.
-Ordnance Jettison turned on in the ROE settings. This should be kept unchanged to keep the realism accurate.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MichaelJCuozzo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Fiery October: Reprisal (Cuban Missile Crisis) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI