Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rarity factor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rarity factor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rarity factor - 5/14/2001 4:05:00 AM   
nimu

Hi everybody, i'm still trying to finish my ver 5.01 download.But during this forced waiting i read all the considerations that all the folks are posting on this forum about the new features of ver 5.A part from bugs and all that stuff,what sounds me still strange is the rarity factor.I wasn't able to understand if it is something historically based or if it's just something randomly decided.I read that this feature solved those big problems of previous version like facing an enormous group of tigers or other things like this,but if it's not historical it can cause many other historical problems..... I hope my words were clear enough. Can somebody tell me something about that? 'looking forward to partecipate more actively to the forum with ver 5,01 in my hands.... thanks

"out of ammo........God save the King"
Post #: 1
- 5/14/2001 4:08:00 AM   
Alby

To be Totally historic, it would perhaps take years of research. Right now it isnt perfect,(as I have yet to be able to buy GE120mm mortars, in any game ive played), but, it sure is better than facing all the "best of the Best" ;)

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 2
- 5/14/2001 4:20:00 AM   
Voriax

Urquhart, try finding one of Paul's posts about this rarity... It goes something like this: If you look at the units they have this two digit radio code. The second number tells how rare this unit is (0=common, 1=uncommon, 2=rare, 3=formations only) If the unit is common and it's availability date hasn't expired, there is..95% (?) chance this unit is available. Each month after this unit has become an out of production item this % is decreased. For the others the percentages were something like 75% and 30-40% So this is basically both historically based and randomly based. Okay..MG34's were common, but I'm sure that even historically some supply depots didn't *always* have them in stock...? Hm, hope that wasn't too far off :) Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 3
- 5/14/2001 5:41:00 AM   
nimu

Tanks guys,I think i understood a bit more about this "rarity". It souds both cool and somehow noisy at the same time.I mean,i want to play it before declare anything about it,but i imagine the frustration of facing the matildas in Cyrenaica without any panzer IV,but probably that had happened somewhere,somehow. So,everything that brings reality in the game is good for me,so :Rarity,welcome aboard!!!!

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 4
- 5/14/2001 2:37:00 PM   
Fredde

And of course, like all other features (almost) you can turn it on or off as you decide if you wouldn't like it.. ;)

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 5
- 5/15/2001 12:26:00 AM   
David boutwell

Advanced Squad Leader modules provide good rarity factor data for the equipment of each nation. I don't know the source for this data, but I think it is related to production numbers and availability for a given year. This data is used for "design your own" scenarios. David Boutwell

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 6
- 5/15/2001 12:47:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello Urquhart. How the things are going for the Paras from Frost 1rst Batallion? You will find that the new version is FANTASTIC!!!. The rarity factor sometimes makes silly or weird things. I asked about this and Matrix guys said to me that this is not deeply explored/developed, because this can occupy thousands hours of historycal research. It happen to me to begin a British campaign and not having Infantry squads at all. Simply, begin another time. If you don't give too much importance to this little thing, you will enjoy the rarity factor as a new gift from Spwaw. Ciao.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 7
- 5/15/2001 12:54:00 AM   
nimu

Hi Mikimoto! Frost?Colonell is under hard pressure on that f... bridge!Those kruk tanks are destroying the houses where we hide!Mckenzie has no healthy men left.... Anyway my Arnhem campaign is still waiting for the ver 5.01.The download is making me Furious!!!!!!!!!Now 3 k/sec,almost 60%"!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Rarity,as something new,will surely amaze me! can't wait for it!!!!

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 8
- 5/15/2001 10:17:00 AM   
BruceAZ

I really love this feature! :D

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rarity factor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI