Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 12/12/2016 6:26:56 AM   
lsdjr18

I have just installed WITP AE on my new gaming rig with Windows 10 and the aircraft art is MISSING :( can anyone help me out? I could play without it but I really love to see those planes from the top down view! I tried reinstalling, patching, using original game without patching and have failed... my game has no mods...

Any help would be appreciated...

Best!
LSDJr18
Post #: 1
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 12/12/2016 6:52:25 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: lsdjr18

I have just installed WITP AE on my new gaming rig with Windows 10 and the aircraft art is MISSING :( can anyone help me out? I could play without it but I really love to see those planes from the top down view! I tried reinstalling, patching, using original game without patching and have failed... my game has no mods...

Best!
LSDJr18

Don't know why it's missing from the install but if you look on the forum they are lots of art mods out there that can be downloaded.

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 12/12/2016 8:52:19 AM   
lsdjr18

Once I find aircraft mods how do I install them? I am not very techy just into these types of games. Will it allow me to see the dogfights in the game again as before?

Best and Thanks
LSDJR18

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 12/12/2016 11:09:24 AM   
Trugrit

Here is a site:
https://sites.google.com/site/aewitplandairartwork/home/ae-witp-bitmap-downloads

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 12/14/2016 9:57:50 AM   
MrKane

quote:

Best!
LSDJr18

Are you missing aircraft bitmaps on your HDD in game ART folder or the game just does not display them ?
In case of second issue I mention, you need add switch -dd_sw to yours command line when you starting the game.

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/13/2017 5:44:45 PM   
KevinMcGuire

Same thing happening to me. I can get plane art back using the dd_sw switch, but that causes my desktop to draw over the game map as I move the mouse. There is a thread further along that states newer cards do not support direct draw as much & what's happening is my game screen is not refreshing as it should be. Sounds like there is no solution.
quote:

Best!
LSDJr18

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 6
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/13/2017 6:07:18 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheKidd_17

Same thing happening to me. I can get plane art back using the dd_sw switch, but that causes my desktop to draw over the game map as I move the mouse. There is a thread further along that states newer cards do not support direct draw as much & what's happening is my game screen is not refreshing as it should be. Sounds like there is no solution.
quote:

Best!
LSDJr18

If it is not built into the card, it should be available in driver software for the card. Try checking the manufacturer's site.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to KevinMcGuire)
Post #: 7
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 6:42:21 PM   
821Bobo

quote:

-dd_sw

What does this parameter do? I had the same problem and adding -dd_sw solved it.

(in reply to MrKane)
Post #: 8
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 9:24:04 PM   
KevinMcGuire

The -dd_sw switch works but causes another problem. The game screen tears showing my desktop whenever i move the mouse around. I can click the mouse & the game screen returns till I move the mouse again. It's like the game screen image is not refreshing correctly.
quote:

ORIGINAL: 821Bobo

quote:

-dd_sw

What does this parameter do? I had the same problem and adding -dd_sw solved it.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 9
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 9:29:45 PM   
BBfanboy

If you are using Win 10, try setting it for Compatibility Mode with Win 7 or XP.
I don't have Win 10 so I don't know where to find that - but I would start in the Control Panel.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 10
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 9:42:44 PM   
btd64

quote:

quote:

Best!
LSDJr18

Try the following switch

-SingleCpuOrders

....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Post #: 11
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 9:52:56 PM   
KevinMcGuire

I have tried all compatability modes ie: win7, xp service pack 1,2 & 3, ect. I currently have singlecpu orders. I have tried it without also.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different
direction." Major Oliver P. Smith Commander 1st Marine Div- Breakout from the Chosin Reservoir, Korean War 1950

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

If you are using Win 10, try setting it for Compatibility Mode with Win 7 or XP.
I don't have Win 10 so I don't know where to find that - but I would start in the Control Panel.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 9:58:09 PM   
btd64

quote:

I have tried all compatability modes ie: win7, xp service pack 1,2 & 3, ect. I currently have singlecpu orders. I have tried it without also.

direction." Major Oliver P. Smith Commander 1st Marine Div- Breakout from the Chosin Reservoir, Korean War 1950

quote:

Can you post a image of your properties line? Also, have you looked in the art folder to see if the air art is even there?....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 13
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 10:43:04 PM   
KevinMcGuire

here is the line: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -archive -fd -SingleCpuOrders.

The plane art is definitely there. I did a vanilla install when I upgraded to win 10. installed another copy & checked art file. Whats funny is I get images of asw combat, combat screen for air to air no planes & ship to ship combat screen no ships.
I have an intel I-5 4690k cpu 16 gb ram & a radeon r7 200 series video card 2gb vram if this helps.
I have done a dxdiag test & all is good, have the latest radeon drivers. nothing has worked.

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

quote:

quote:

Can you post a image of your properties line? Also, have you looked in the art folder to see if the air art is even there?....GP

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 14
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/20/2017 10:54:28 PM   
btd64

try this switch

-dd_sw

....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 15
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/21/2017 12:46:08 AM   
KevinMcGuire

The -dd_sw switch works as I stated earlier, but causes another problem. The game screen tears showing my desktop whenever i move the mouse around. I can click the mouse & the game screen returns till I move the mouse again. It's like the game screen image is not refreshing correctly.
quote:

try this switch

-dd_sw

....GP

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 16
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/21/2017 12:54:41 AM   
btd64

Maybe it's a refresh rate thing. I'm out of Ideas. Did you try to load the extended map by any chance?....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 17
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/21/2017 1:31:51 AM   
KevinMcGuire

If you mean the px & py switches, yes I have. I am out of ideas also. I do appreciate you & all the others trying to help me solve this though.

quote:

Maybe it's a refresh rate thing. I'm out of Ideas. Did you try to load the extended map by any chance?....GP

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 18
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/21/2017 1:38:55 AM   
btd64

Someone smarter than us should be by soon to help, sorry dude....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 19
RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) - 1/21/2017 3:42:01 AM   
BillBrown

quote:

If you mean the px & py switches, yes I have. I am out of ideas also. I do appreciate you & all the others trying to help me solve this though.

quote:

The only help I can give is to try every switch and find the combo that works. I am sure there is one.
Here is my command line. Lots of switches, I found I needed them all.

"D:\War in the Pacfic Admirals Edition\PBEM AdmNelson\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px2520 -py1525 -archive -multiaudio -skipVideo -dd_sw -cpu4 -deepColor -SingleCpuOrders

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI