Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 12:37:50 AM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolf825

Being a really knowledgeable Star Trek fan, I am truly amazed at the amount of work and accuracy that has gone into this mod.
I very recently bought Distant Worlds: Universe, but have yet to play a game. Coming from MOO, MOO 2, Spaceward Ho! IV, Armada 2525, and the Galactic Civilizations series, I've heard really good things about this game. Your mod is at the top of my 'must have mods' list! Very impressive!

I have several questions (and forgive me if these have been answered previously):

1) Will you be able to do anything dramatic, or universe-changing with the Guardian, the Organians, or similar powerful entities?
2) Does Q make an appearance?
3) Can you make an alliance with the Tholians? If so, can you employ their web technology?
4) Can you ally with the Romulans?
5) Can the Enterprise or other Federation vessels employ a cloaking device, as seen in Balance Of Terror?
6) Will the refit Enterprise-class Enterprise be available (as seen in the movies, such as the 1701-A)?
7) Will we have the Excelsior at our command, or the Dreadnought-class (as pictured in the Star Trek Tech Manual, a warship with a 3rd warp nacelle and advanced weaponry)?
8) Are any elements from the Star Trek Animated series present - like the Caitian race (which was also briefly pictured in the movies) or the Edoans?
9) Does the planet killer from the Doomsday Machine make an appearance?

P.S. - I would take Spock's Brain over that hippie episode any day!

Thank you in advance for your time and this amazing mod!

Thanks for your questions and great things you have said about this upcoming mod. I have been watching star trek since around 1970 when I was just a little kid and in the last 30 years I have purchased every novel and comic regarding Star Trek and buy each novel and comic as they are published.

All of these books and comics are in strict chronological order and are the source material I am using to add stories to this mod. In the last month I have being adding the stories together in strict timeline order starting from the comic No Win Scenario set in the year 2260 introducing Kirk, Gary Mitchll and Carol Marcus to the mod. In the Trek Timeline Carol Marcus leaves starfleet before the pilot episode which is why she is not seen in the tv series. Gary Mitchell is killed in the pilot episode. In the mod these characters will stay in a different storyline aboard the Enterprise.

In my sorting of the comics and Novels I am currently working on storylines set in 2290.....
In 2290 I am adding 38 stories to the mod.
In 2291 there are 6 stories to be added.
In 2292 there is just one story being added
2293 adds 22 stories starting with events of The Undiscovered Country followed later in the year by the events of Generations in the first 10 minutes of the movie.

This means that I have 599 stories that are likely to appear in the mod in one way or another.

To answer your questions

1. In this Distant Worlds mod you will face the powerful entities such as the Organians and others that appeared in the tv series or movies. The entities seen in the tvseries up to the time of the motion picture will be in the first part of the mod.
Events from the motion picture to the very beginning of Generations will be in part 2 with Kirk not been taken by the Nexus. You get to tell what happened if the Nexus never took Kirk.
Part 3 will be set in the timeline beforethe next gen episodes

2. Yes Q may make an appearance..... still working on the storyline.

3 and 4. If in Distant Worlds you make an alliance with the Tholians or Romulans this will change how events occour in the mod. If for example the Vulcans go to war with Earth this will have major impacts such as what happensto Spock on the Enterprise.

5. Only the Romulans and Klingons have cloaking devices. The Romulan war birds are already in the mod with cloaking and it is diffacult to see where they are.

6. Yes they will.... each of the 3 parts of the mod will have the refits according to the time period. Part 2 forinstance starts with the Enterprise from The Motion Picture.

7. Still deciding on this but most likely yes.

8. The episodes from TAS are in the mod and characters and races are being created in photoshop so they are non cartoon and would be as they appear in the normal tv series or movies.

9. Yes the planet killers are already in the mod as well as the Guardian of Forever, Vger and the Probe just to name a few. One of the stories with the Probe will involve the 2 whales George and Gracie.

There is much more in this mod and happy to answer any more questions you have.

Roy

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/14/2016 3:04:01 AM >

(in reply to Wolf825)
Post #: 361
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 1:27:32 AM   
rjord2021

To get this mod out sooner I am contemplating the idea of using random maps as seen in the Civilization games series.

This would have the following effects on the mod.

- If the systems are as they appear in the official star trek maps then you will always know where to find the Vulcans , Klingons or Romulans and can just send your ships out in that direction. Random placement would mean systems could be next door to Sol or clear on the other side of the Quadrant.

- if you do not ally with Vulcan to later in the game then this determines when Spock appears on the Enterprise. If he is not on the Enterprise then eho is Kirks first officer?

-The random maps can be explained by the theory of multiple universes and multiple time lines where there are an infinite number of different galaxies where for example Klingon and Romulan space are right next door to Sol space. By default the Romulans and Klingons will not trust the species from Sol so you could have a Klingon or Romulan war before you are ready for it.

- When you discover a Class M planet the role playing will ask you to scan for life forms. If you find life forms then the mod will ask you to add charaxters andspcies to that world using the Editor. This eill resolve an issue I have of how to assign civilzations to worlds you visit.

-this mod will have number of species that should be in the game such as Federstion, Klingons, Romulans , Vulcsns etc. When you encounter yhis species you will rename the system according to the mod guidelines once again via the editor. So playing the Federstion you will always rename the system as Sol.

- Missions given to you will be chsnged slightly as a mission to Vulcan will not exist if Vulcan has not been discovered. Missions assigned to a particulsr planet will still work however rather than being assigned to a planet name you may be directed to the 3rd planet in the system for example.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 362
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 1:32:23 AM   
rjord2021

If you guys wouod prefer random map placement first to get this mod out sooner then my intention is to get the official maps version out and this will more than likely be designed for Distant Worlds 2...

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 363
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 4:42:50 AM   
Wolf825

I don't speak for everyone, but with all the accuracy that has gone into the mod, I would prefer to have the systems in a set location, as they would be in the Star Trek Universe.

Would you be able to make the mod available as a Star Trek universe without the role playing elements, as an option? For instance, just playing with the Star Trek map, races, and ships as a pure strategy game, like vanilla Distant Worlds? Like at the start of a new game to choose the role playing version or regular strategy version?

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 364
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 5:19:16 AM   
rjord2021

The next few posts will show how the mod will work with random maps .

I star the new game with the Federation based in a system called Torres which is where a Dominion shipyard was located on the planet Torres III in 2373. As the system Torres III is now renamed Sol any events for the Torres system will now not occur in this game.

The system is renamed Sol and \i add the planets in with the Federation based on the 3rd planet from the Sun...now Earth. Adding the planets I give them the correct image of each planet...so Earth looks like Earth and Saturn looks like Saturn with rings box ticked in the Editor.

Once this is done I set the system game speed to 0.25x... my preference.... and name the first Constitution class ship to be build as the Enterprise.

With this post I am not showing the role playing side of things but at this stage Kirk is the Captain of the Enterprise with characters Gary Mitchell and Carol Marcus on board. Vulcan has not been discovered so there is no Spock on board.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/14/2016 5:20:23 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 365
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 5:27:50 AM   
rjord2021

As the USS Enterprise begins construction at the orbital stock yards I will show how the Sun will appear in the mod.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 366
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 5:32:43 AM   
rjord2021

Of course one of the first thing you need to do is to build your first base at which the Enterprise will be built.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 367
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 5:42:23 AM   
rjord2021

The new ship yards completed in orbit around Earth....work now begins on the Enterprise with Montgomery Scott overseeing the ship's construction.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 368
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 6:18:11 AM   
rjord2021

Disaster has just hit Starfleet with an unexpected attack by Orion Pirates.

Shortly after my last post the Earth Orbiting Starbase was attacked by Orion Pirates after Starfleet refused to provide the Orion Pirates with protection money after receiving a transmission from a passing Orion pirate ship.

In a rage the Orion Pirates promptly attacked the Earth ship yards and destroyed the orbiting ship yard and the new Constitution class starship being built. Starfleet did not have defenses in place and we were caught with our trousers down as some would state.

The role playing side of the mod required me to throw a dice to see what damage occurred from the attack by the Orion Pirates.

Sadly in addition to the complete destruction of the ship yard and the Constitution starship a total of 93 Starfleet construction crew were killed in the attack. Montgomery Scott did survive the attack thankfully.

As a result of the attack on Earth Starfleet has ordered an immediate investigation into the handling of the pirates and action to be taken the next time they meet. Construction of the Enterprise and the new ship yards is delayed until the investigation is over.

My notes added to Kirk's Captain's log.

"Captain's log. It was with great regret that I hear from Starfleet Command that my ship being constructed in the Earth orbital ship yards has been destroyed in an attack by Orion Pirates along with the destruction of the ship yards themselves. I understand that we also lost 93 construction crew in the attack as well. I have been summoned to attend the Starfleet meeting to provide any input I may have on how we deal with the Orions who will more than likely return in the near foreseeable future. With the delay in the construction of the Enterprise the first crew expected to be assigned to the ship have been assigned temporary posts elsewhere until the Enterprise has been built. This is a setback to our efforts to explore the system but we will soon be out there exploring where no man has gone before. I can only be thankful that my good friend Scotty was not injured in this cowardly attack by the Orion Pirates. "Bones" McCoy has expressed his reluctance to even leave Earth again after hearing of this attack and I will need to spend time with him to convince him that I need him on board the Enterprise as the Enterprise's Chief Medical Officer. It is with regret that our First contact with an alien race should be with the likes of the Orion Pirates."

After this disastrous start to the game I will use the role playing dice to determine when the Starfleet meetings are over at which stage the new orbiting ship yards will be built and then construction of the Enterprise begins again.

To be continued.....

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/14/2016 6:39:35 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 369
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 6:38:57 AM   
rjord2021

"Captain's Additional log.....

Unless I am successful with changing the mind of Bones Mccoy I may be forced to choose Starfleet medical officer Philip Boyce as Chief Medical Officer in place of McCoy. McCoy has a stubborn side to him and his reluctance to serve on starships is well known in his brief time with starfleet. I could of course resort to drafting McCoy but am reluctant to do that to my friend."

With the attack by the Orions this may result in McCoy not joining the Enterprise at this stage and instead Dr Philip Boyce being added. This will be decided in the role playing side of this game and if Boyce joins the Enterprise he will eventually be replaced by McCoy later.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 370
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 7:32:18 AM   
rjord2021

"Captains Log.....A few hours into the Starfleet meeting and we are interrupted by a transmission coming from near our moon from an Orion Pirate Captain called Devna.

The transmission has been re-transmitted to the meeting halls viewer screen where heads of Starfleet , admirals and ship captains see for the first time the face of their first Contact with an alien life form. Due to the initial attack on Starfleet our comms signal is degraded but we are getting our first view of an Orion Pirate... our First Contact with an alien life form."

Orion Captain Devna is back and asking Sol for protection money to stop any further attacks on Earth.

As if this game has not started badly enough now the Orions are back asking for protection money.

Does Starfleet pay the money or once again deny the Orions?

This is not up to you and the results are determined by the Role Playing game and a throw of the dice.

Below is the poor quality transmission received by Starfleet Headquarters after the initial attack damaged comms systems. Picture created in photoshop.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/14/2016 7:34:34 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 371
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 7:44:02 AM   
rjord2021

quote:

I don't speak for everyone, but with all the accuracy that has gone into the mod, I would prefer to have the systems in a set location, as they would be in the Star Trek Universe.

Would you be able to make the mod available as a Star Trek universe without the role playing elements, as an option? For instance, just playing with the Star Trek map, races, and ships as a pure strategy game, like vanilla Distant Worlds? Like at the start of a new game to choose the role playing version or regular strategy version?

The mod is designed so you can play it any way you choose. If you want to play without role playing involved you just simply play in the Distant Worlds environment.

I am foremost designing this game for myself with Role Play in mind but this game will be made available to others here to play as you like.

(in reply to Wolf825)
Post #: 372
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 2:20:48 PM   
rjord2021

The Planet Earth has been in a State of Emergency for several days as we have come under repeated attacks from the Orion pirates. Thankfully our recent negotiation efforts via Captain James T Kirk have stalled any more attacks today and we have finally launched the Enterprise whose crew have reported to their stations and the ship has now left the ship yards. The Enterprise has been put on Yellow Alert as Kirk's first mission is to provide defense against the Orion Pirates when they next attack Earth Defences. Additional ships are being constructed to support the Enterprise and the new ships will be assigned permanently to Earth Defenses.

Starfleet Out

The picture below shows the USS Enterprise under the new design Constitution Class. In the actual mod the Constitution Class ships are twice as large but I forgot to specify this prior to showing this demo of the mod.

The picture shows that the Enterprise has no hyperdrive installed. I am changing the terminology so that hyperdrive will be called Warp Drive in this mod. Shortly after this picture was taken Starfleet announced that Warp Drive Engine technology has been researched and the Enterprise has just gone under a refit to become a warp speed capable ship.

You will also notice a difference between this picture and that shown in post 367. There are now fewer stars showing on the screen and it now looks more realistic.

In the box shown in the bottom left of the picture you can see the Federation referred to an Empire. While the Klingons are referred to as the Klingon Empire and the Romulans as the Romulan Empire the only Empire the Federation was known for was the Terran Empire in the Mirror Universe.

The words Empire will be replaced with a more appropriate term for this mod.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/14/2016 2:34:36 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 373
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 3:21:13 PM   
rjord2021

I have gone into the file GameText.txt and removed all references to hyperdrive and replaced the term with warp drive, warp drive technology or warp drive engines as required. Now I feel like I am in the Star Trek universe and not the Star Wars universe.

This is seen in the picture below showing the USS Enterprise with no Warp Drive prior to it being refitted with Warp Engine Technology.

It is 3:20 am.... time to stop development on the mod and get a few hours sleep. :)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/14/2016 3:32:07 PM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 374
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 9:55:05 PM   
rjord2021

The picture below shows the USS Enterprise at its size as it is currently seen in the mod. With the development of this mod I am making sure there is a priority towards performance as it would be pointless to design a mod that only someone with a supercomputer could play.

As you can see by the Design Box at the bottom of the picture the Enterprise is scaled to 200..... ideally I want to bring that up to 250 so the details of the ships are highly visible during game play. However I will only do this at the end of development after I have tested the performance of the mod with all races present in the game having all ships of equal size.

With Explorer ships by default the design screen has all explorers fleeing when they encounter enemy ships. In Star Trek , the explorer ships are the Constitution Class vessels such as the Enterprise which is the flagship of Starfleet and the Enterprise would certainly not flee when encountering Romulans, Klingons or Tholians for example.

I have changed the settings for the Constitution class vessels to Standoff for the time being when encountering enemy vessels and as you can see in the picture I still have the setting "Flee when Attacked" which is something James T Kirk would never do. This has been changed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 375
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/14/2016 10:17:43 PM   
rjord2021

quote:

Hi Wolf825

I Just want to make sure you were aware of the Star Trek Picard era mod that is out for Distant Worlds Universe. I highly recommend trying this mod while my mod is in development and it is a good way to get your feet wet in Distant worlds Universe and learn how the game plays.

You can find it here

Version 1.0
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3668367

Version 2 latest version here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3668367

Roy

(in reply to Wolf825)
Post #: 376
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/15/2016 4:15:15 AM   
Kull

Consider revisiting the size of the Space Dock and it's orientation. It's pretty large in comparison to the planet size, and given that presumably this is the "small" port, the others are gonna be pretty big. Also not a fan of space ports that cover most of the planet's surface, although maybe that's just me. On the orientation, at first glance it almost looks like a skyscraper rising up from the surface, so some added tilt might help.

Overall, I love the concept and implementation shown so far, so don't take the criticism as a reflection on the whole effort.

< Message edited by Kull -- 12/15/2016 4:16:20 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 377
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/15/2016 5:31:39 AM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Consider revisiting the size of the Space Dock and it's orientation. It's pretty large in comparison to the planet size, and given that presumably this is the "small" port, the others are gonna be pretty big. Also not a fan of space ports that cover most of the planet's surface, although maybe that's just me. On the orientation, at first glance it almost looks like a skyscraper rising up from the surface, so some added tilt might help.

Overall, I love the concept and implementation shown so far, so don't take the criticism as a reflection on the whole effort.

Hi Kull

Thanks for the feedback. Always great to hear comments from others in regard to this mod.

The port seen here for the ship yards is the medium spaceport so the issue would be with the size of the larger port. Sizes for ships and bases will be adjusted during the development of this mod based on game play testing.

Unfortunately the tilt is out of my control as it is controlled by Distant Worlds Universe when the base is built.

The size of the medium spaceport is at its current setting to have the roughly same size comparison to the Enterprise...a smaller ship yard and a larger Enterprise did not look good.

The mod will have instructions on how you as the player can change the sizes of bases and ships to your preference when designing the class of ship or base that is about to be built..... will explain how this works later.

please feel free to ask more questions.....

Roy

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 378
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/15/2016 7:47:14 AM   
Wolf825

I agree 'Empire' is not suitable for this mod. Might I humbly suggest:

Affiliation: ?

Are full names able to fit under the 'Empire' designation, like United Federation Of Planets, Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, Tholian Assembly? Rather than just Federation, Klingon, etc.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 379
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/15/2016 9:57:30 AM   
rjord2021

quote:

I agree 'Empire' is not suitable for this mod. Might I humbly suggest:

Affiliation: ?

Are full names able to fit under the 'Empire' designation, like United Federation Of Planets, Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, Tholian Assembly? Rather than just Federation, Klingon, etc.

I have gone with substituting the word Race instead of Empire.

When reading through the text that appears in Distant Worlds it actually made more sense to use the term Race than anything else.

Distant Worlds Universe also has the 4 different text files bearing the word race and each of these files define how the Federation, Klingons, Romulans and other alien life forms relate to each other and other civilizations.

As for the names I will look at what works best for the mod.

The coding behind the mod will have the shorter names to keep the code simple..... the screens you see while playing the mod will refer to the races in different ways. Some messages you will see will make more sense if they refer to Romulans rather than Romulan Star Empire...and the same can be said the other way.

Just changing the word Empire to Race and empire to race being case sensitive also may require some changes in the sentence if the sentence makes more sense with the word Empire and not the word Race.

Sentences will also be changed in some areas to make them more suitable for Star Trek worlds.

Roy

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/15/2016 10:09:02 AM >

(in reply to Wolf825)
Post #: 380
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/15/2016 11:12:48 AM   
rjord2021

I have replaced all areas of the mod where each civilization was referred to an Empire.

Empire now equals Race.

However I still have to replace where the text has empire with race....case sensitive.
This I will finish tomorrow as it took 2 hours to change all references to Empire with a capital E.

If you look below you will see the term Race now mentioned instead of Empire in 2 areas of the picture.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/15/2016 11:15:09 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 381
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/15/2016 7:40:44 PM   
rjord2021

To make changes in my mod where I simply want to change a single word in a mod and replace it with another is easier said than done.

The file you need to go through to find the word you want to change has 6081 lines of code which you do not want to go through line by line..... and you can't say replace all instances of the word you want to change as this will definitely break the mod.

So Excel comes to the rescue and approximately 432 instances of the word empire are replaced by the word race in 3 minutes.

Before going ahead always backup your GameText file.

You open up the GameText file using the text import wizard setting as shown below. This will insert a blank column between the two columns of text as well as leaving the ; as the first character of the text in column C.

You must not change anything in column A!

Highlight column C and using Find and Replace do exactly as shown below making sure you have Match Case ticked in advanced options for Find and Replace.

Save the file as a txt file and you are done.

This makes it a lot easier to mod Distant Worlds and makes sure you don't accidentally change a value in Column A which could break the mod.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 382
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/16/2016 12:19:05 AM   
rjord2021

One of the fan favorite characters in the Star Trek movies was Lieutenant JG Saavik who was supposed to play a much bigger part in the movies but was written out by the producers of Star Trek IV.

The story line her character was supposed to have in the movies was very interesting and it was a pity she was ruled out of the movie series. Thankfully her character continued on in the comics and novels.

As I am a huge fan of the character I am including Saavik in the mod..... however it should be noted that she was born in the same year that Kirk, Spock and McCoy first stepped onboard the Enterprise.

I will not reveal how she gets in the mod but any Saavik fans out there will be pleased at her storyline in the mod.

As a hint the picture below shows one of the scenes courtest of photoshop showing how she will appear in the mod.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/16/2016 12:23:23 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 383
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/16/2016 1:04:36 AM   
rjord2021

The United Federation of Planets

During the Kirk Era depicted in the first part of this mod.... the TV series Era...... my understanding is that there were 12 members of the United Federation of Planets...there may have been more.

When the mod begins there is no United Federation of Planets and Earth is on it's own setting out among the stars for the first time. During the game play you will meet new life forms and new civilizations and if you play the mod with role play enabled you will invite some of these civilizations to join a Federation of Planets.

When an allied race accepts membership into the United Federation of Planets the mod will have instructions on how to assign that race the status of Federation member in Distant Worlds.

At any time an existing member of the Federation of Planets may decide to drop out of the Federation and you will have instructions on how to do this in Distant Worlds.

The Return of Khan mod will be the first time you can play as the Vulcans , the Andorians or other races that have been part of the Federation and this not playable as a race. For the first time you will be able to play as the Vulcan race.

Vulcan and Andoria may never become members of the mod and each time you play the mod you will have different members in the Federation. You may at times have many members of the Federation... at other times the Federation may be small and insignificant with only two members. This means each time you play the game the gameplay will be different.

With the role playing I have a large number of cards already added to the mod but as yet have not had time to create an image for the card.... until that image is created I use the placeholder image I have designed below .

By doing this I can get on with developing the mod and role playing without being bogged down with the cosmetic side of the mod which can be added later.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/16/2016 1:09:10 AM >

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 384
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/16/2016 1:18:37 AM   
rjord2021

Viewer Feedback required.

Over the next 48 hours.....starting from now...... I am asking for anyone who is interested in playing this mod to please leave a post letting me know which races you want to play in this mod.

The Klingons.... Romulans and Vulcans are already added. Can you please let me know your choice for other races from the Kirk TV Series or movies you would like to see as playable in the mod.

In 48 hours I will lock down the list of races I am thinking of going with....so please leave a suggestion if there is a specific race you would like to see playable in the mod.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 385
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/16/2016 3:20:29 PM   
Lecivius

Man, that's a large list.

Initial TV series only? Cartoon series? Follow on (DS-9, voyager etc.?) I Think you are looking original series only. So, a few of the major races...

Tholians, Gorn, Changeling, Kzinti, Tellarite, Orions, Platonians(?), Thasians, Ekosians, Providers, Capellans (a personal favorite), Elasians, Melkotians, Kelvans, Fabrini, Medusans, Excalbians.

Follow on series

Cardassians, Breen, Acamarian, Andorians, Bajoran, Betazoid, Borg, Jem'Hadar, Nausicaans, Hirogen, Ferengi, Bynar, Bolians...This list can get pretty big

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 386
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/16/2016 5:16:10 PM   
rjord2021

Thanks for the list there Lecivius.......

What I look at is the stage of development these races are at during the Kirk era... if they have reached the era of having warp capable ships then I will add them to the list of species you can play.

Species from the Delta Quadrant such as the Hirogen Hunters, Kazon , Vidiians and Talaxians just to name a few will not be races that you can play in this mod...... however you may be surprised by some from the Delta Quadrant making it into the mod in one way or another. I am also releasing a version of the mod where you are in the Deta Quadrant and get to fight the Borg, Kazon, Talaxians, Ocampans, Vidiians, Hirogen, Krenim,etc . I am spending 1 or 2 days a week on the Delta Quadrant version of the mod and with luck this will be released at the same time as this mod.

Of the large list you mentioned I would say most of the races will appear in the mod if they are in planets in the alpha or beta quadrant. If the species were only discovered in the TNG and DS9 timelines, they will appear in the mod as they were 70 - 80 years previously.

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 12/16/2016 5:17:18 PM >

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 387
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/16/2016 10:31:42 PM   
rjord2021

I had planned to reveal next month the work being done on Star Trek : Voyager 2017.
This should release the same time as The Return of Khan mod........

However the post by Lecivius prompted me to release the news a little earlier. On Christmas Day I will add the first screenshot for Star Trek : Voyager 2017

The seperate thread for Star Trek : Voyager 2017 can be found here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4201144&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 388
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/17/2016 10:37:28 AM   
rjord2021

Captain's Log

The Enterprise has finally left our solar system on a shakedown cruise to test the systems on our new ship. We have dropped out of warp and are travelling at impulse speed after experiencing some minor issues with our warp engines. I am confident that our Chief Engineer Mr Scott will work his magic and have our warp engines back online soon. Our ship sensors have detected a large ship directly ahead and despite our efforts to hail the ship there has been no response. I am waiting on additional scans by our ship's science officer who is scanning the ship for life forms before I decide if we beam over to the alien ship.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 389
RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) - 12/18/2016 2:13:49 PM   
rjord2021

Work on this mod continues every day over Christmas and Beyond.......

In the next 30 days I will be away from home for 23 days.... normally this would mean that the development comes to a halt but I am working on putting procedures in place that will allow me to carry on work on this mod as well as Star Trek : Voyager 2017.

These procedures involve getting new hardware for my business over the next few days which will allow me to take my mod files with me wherever I go.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Star Trek : The Return of Khan (TOS Era) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI