Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> A couple of Suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of Suggestions - 12/21/2016 11:21:25 AM   
JervisBay

Score: 0
Hi, I love the previous versions of this game and the extra granularity and dynamic movement of the new version is even better.

I'll mention a couple of glitches you may already know about;

* I've once or twice seen the AI make carrier strikes in storms.
* I don't know how I've done it but once or twice by clicking I've had a doubled movement allocation for a naval unit, so that my sub could move 40 (?) hexes in one turn. A wild ride.
* The AI has made parachute landings into rain (with no losses!)
* The tech progression of the AI seems too fast - I've faced British Jet Fighters in late '42.

Also, if I dare, can I make a couple of suggestions?:

* I've never felt it was realistic to destroy a ground unit entirely by air power, though I've taken advantage of it often enough. Air attacks should be able to reduce morale, mobility and strength, yes, but in a declining proportion with each successive strike, so that the last one or two strength points should have to be destroyed by a ground attack.

* The naval warfare is so much improved now, but damaged units should take more time to repair. How about: You spend the MPP's up front, then if its a level 8 port or above you get two strength points added back per turn or if below 1 strength point per turn.

Thanks for all your work with a great game.
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of Suggestions - 12/21/2016 4:18:52 PM   
n0kn0k

Score: 0
quote:

* I don't know how I've done it but once or twice by clicking I've had a doubled movement allocation for a naval unit, so that my sub could move 40 (?) hexes in one turn. A wild ride.

It's called cruise mode. Look it up in the manual. Clicking on the unit one more time activates it and the hexes turn orange.

< Message edited by n0kn0k -- 12/21/2016 4:19:31 PM >

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> A couple of Suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI