Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT Things to ponder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:22:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.

Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?

Que?

Orm,

A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.

Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.

My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.

Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.
warspite1

Prying questions? My dear Chickenboy its called the art of seduction, a form of which that requires a degree of sophistication and subtlety that you wouldn't be able to attain if your life depended upon it. Yes, I must confess, after a few well chosen words in her delicate ear, the skipper and myself were getting along just famously......

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1891
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:23:20 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.

Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?

Que?

Orm,

A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.

Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.

My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.

Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.

Thank you, Chickenboy, for that explanation.

< Message edited by Orm -- 12/19/2016 8:24:27 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1892
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:24:25 PM   
Chickenboy

Magnificent promenade deck. Ahoy matey!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1893
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:26:42 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Que?

Orm,

Orm,

Surely you must have some sort of equivalent Swedish comparative? Which of the two ABBA women? Which of the members of the Swedish bikini team? Something?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1894
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:31:33 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Que?

Orm,

Orm,

Surely you must have some sort of equivalent Swedish comparative? Which of the two ABBA women? Which of the members of the Swedish bikini team? Something?

Not that I am aware of.

And I think the Swedish bikini team is a US invention with women from US.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1895
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:35:36 PM   
geofflambert

Of course, you might have been in the Safeway asking where the "dessert aisle" was, in which case you ... Oh, better not say.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1896
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:39:38 PM   
geofflambert

Dang, how fast this thread is moving, I was trying to answer son of a chicken and now I'm asking where I can get my paws on a member of the Swedish meatball team.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 1897
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 8:58:33 PM   
geofflambert

I have to advise you of this. My mother, who was as total a teatotaler as there ever was, made this thing for guests which she called "Russian Tea". Now this was neither tea nor Russian, but everyone was on tinterhooks until it was served. She had a very nice silver tea service which she used for this. Essentially she took the leftover juice (if I might call it that) from cans of pears, peaches and whatnot and heated it up.

Post #: 1898
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 10:17:23 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

I have to advise you of this. My mother, who was as total a teatotaler as there ever was, made this thing for guests which she called "Russian Tea". Now this was neither tea nor Russian, but everyone was on tinterhooks until it was served. She had a very nice silver tea service which she used for this. Essentially she took the leftover juice (if I might call it that) from cans of pears, peaches and whatnot and heated it up.

OK ... as long as she permitted said juice to ferment first!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 1899
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/19/2016 11:19:20 PM   
scout1

you boys are showing your age .....

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1900
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 12:16:04 AM   
Will_L_OLD

quote:

I remember, somewhere in the '80s, being at a home game of the Cardinals, the visitors being the hated and despised Mets. 9th inning, bases loaded, Tommy Herr hits a walk off grand slam. Sweet.

As a Mets fan I do have to admit that I really liked the Cardinals teams of the mid 80's,
they were fun to watch. I caught Cardinals opening day in '83 when I was in St. Louis to catch my MAC flight to Okinawa.
I went a few days early to explore the city and was in the Arch and noticed the traffic going to Busch Stadium,
walked over and got a nosebleed seat for the game. Had a couple of beers at a bar in LaClede's Landing (sp?)
afterwards and it was flooded for a couple of blocks up from the waterfront.

Post #: 1901
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 12:34:29 AM   
wdolson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Que?

Orm,

Though Ginger was a ginger, ie redhead. I never saw the appeal in high maintenance women and Ginger was definitely high maintenance.

I just looked up Gilligan's Island on IMDB for the heck of it and Ginger and Mary Ann are the one two from the cast still around.

Bill

< Message edited by wdolson -- 12/20/2016 12:40:32 AM >

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1902
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 12:47:44 AM   
geofflambert

It's amazing what it takes to get a forumite from 2006 who has a grand total of 125 posts thus far to post again. I don't remember specifically the flooding of that year but I do certainly of 10 years later. There was this Cajun restaurant I frequented name of Guidry's. It was not far from the river and in '93 it was somewhat under water at some point. I remember it being reported in the Post-Dispatch, with pictures, that they were harvesting crawdads from out of the floodwater, from inside the restaurant, and cooking them, and dare I say, eating them. That was just awesome. Needless to say, that restaurant never re-opened and I don't have a good place to go to get good Cajun or Creole. That is simply not acceptable but I don't know what to do.

(in reply to Will_L_OLD)
Post #: 1903
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 5:20:55 AM   
rockmedic109

Either Ginger or Maryanne would be fine. Both would be better.

Unfortunately with my luck, I'd be stuck on an island with some guy with a beard who belches, farts, picks his nose and scratches his backside.....or some gal with a beard who belches, farts, picks her nose and scratches her backside.

Post #: 1904
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 5:31:44 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

.....or some gal with a beard who belches, farts, picks her nose and scratches her backside.
warspite1

Hey - you leave Mrs warspite alone - she's mine.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 1905
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 5:49:02 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

.....or some gal with a beard who belches, farts, picks her nose and scratches her backside.
warspite1

I hope your Missus doesn't know your computer password .....

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1906
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 6:00:23 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

It's not an issue - she can't read either....

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1907
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 6:11:07 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Maybe you can plead drunkenness if you're caught.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1908
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 6:11:27 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1909
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 6:21:35 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

MRS Warspite1

Hello. Mr Warspite won't be coming back to the forum for a very long time. I am, as we speak, stirring his now detached man parts into a soup I am making. Sorry, just got to be careful I don't catch my beard in the hot liquid.....

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1910
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 9:51:20 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

Unfortunately with my luck, I'd be stuck on an island with some guy with a beard who belches, farts, picks his nose and scratches his backside.

Hey, stay off my island!

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 1911
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 5:49:06 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

I am beginning to think that Mrs Warspite1 is the perfect combination. Both brains and beauty. And I think you try to hide that fact from us by constantly claiming the opposite.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1912
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/20/2016 6:42:33 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

you boys are showing your age .....

I must say, I once toured a fiberglass plant (AKER) in Elkhart (not far from you) and the women working there were smoking hot! I could be wrong since I was breathing a lot of fumes from the fiberglass producing process (acetone and other nice stuff) and may have been delusional.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 1913
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/21/2016 9:33:14 PM   
Will_L_OLD

quote:

It's amazing what it takes to get a forumite from 2006 who has a grand total of 125 posts thus far to post again.

Actually this is my second login here on the forums, first one from 2004 got lost in the ether.
Always been more of a lurker than poster though, when I've had questions about this game the answers
for the most part have been already been given by some of the very knowledgeable people here.

Will

Edit: Just did a search of the member list and my old login is still there didn't realize that I'd joined
back in 2000 and the last post on it was in 2002. Wonder if I can get Matrix to reset the password coz I can't
remember it... Would be nice to go back to that one.

< Message edited by Will_L -- 12/21/2016 9:48:27 PM >

Post #: 1914
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/22/2016 5:09:14 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

I am beginning to think that Mrs Warspite1 is the perfect combination. Both brains and beauty. And I think you try to hide that fact from us by constantly claiming the opposite.
warspite1

Well put it this way Ormster. Mrs W is 4'2, has a humpback, a clubfoot, more body hair than bubbles the monkey, but with a receding hairline and suffers with a skin condition so bad that she's known as the Singing Detective (not to her face of course).

But hey, beauty's only skin deep right?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1915
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/22/2016 5:27:03 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

Well put it this way Ormster. Mrs W is 4'2, has a humpback, a clubfoot, more body hair than bubbles the monkey, but with a receding hairline and suffers with a skin condition so bad that she's known as the Singing Detective (not to her face of course).

Substance is what counts, mate. What's her opinion on Bismarck - sunk or scuttled?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1916
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/22/2016 5:45:19 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

Substance is what counts, mate. What's her opinion on Bismarck - sunk or scuttled?
warspite1

Well in addition to being somewhat "aesthetically challenged", Mrs Warspite is not exactly well read, nor is she particularly good at explaining things, given her lack of patience and notoriously sharp tongue and even hotter temper.

I did, rather absent mindedly, raise the question at the breakfast table one morning but was met with such a stream of invective that I have vowed, for the sake of my own well-being, not to bring the subject to the fore any more.

Mrs Warspite's considered opinion the Bismarck question

[Drags on her roll up cigarette] "Bismarck? Bismarck? What the **** is a ****** Bismarck? Eh? Just what is you ******** going on abaht nah you no good sack of ****. I ain't gonna tell you what the **** happened to no ******** Bismarck cos I don't know what the **** you're even talkin' abaht. Now, be a good boy and shut the **** up while I 'ave me fag and me hair of the dog [Burp].

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/22/2016 5:46:33 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1917
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/22/2016 5:52:54 AM   
witpqs

Is she the Piranha brothers' younger sister?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1918
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/22/2016 6:11:09 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Is she the Piranha brothers' younger sister?
warspite1

Well I don't know too much about her family. There were some shady looking characters at the wedding but I didn't feel I really wanted to exchange pleasantries if you know what I mean.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1919
RE: OT Things to ponder - 12/22/2016 9:19:36 AM   
wdolson

quote:

warspite1

So she's from that alternate universe in the Twilight Zone episode?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eye_of_the_Beholder

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1920
Page:   <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI