Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WIP New Map and Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: WIP New Map and Scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 12/2/2011 3:39:53 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Chief,

If you use the estab editor that comes with the new patch then any estab it creates will work with the new patch.

That's a pretty big deal, Dave.

Can you elaborate as to how the editors may have been improved? :)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 31
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 12/4/2011 5:44:41 PM   
Chief Rudiger

quote:

Chief,

If you use the estab editor that comes with the new patch then any estab it creates will work with the new patch. I recommend you make a copy of the existing estab file, rename it and then modify it. It's pretty simple to create a new force estab. I recommend you read the Estab Editor manual. It's not that long and you should be able to work something up pretty quickly.

Sorry, wasn't very clear with my original post. (I know how to create a scratch estab) what I should have said was...

I built my Vichy French scratch estab following the same general values as the stock estabs for comparable things, with regards to unit (frontages, unit force/sub-force/combat-class etc) and weapon (performance values), so that a Vichy French inf coy/rifle isn't significantly different to the stock Allied/Axis ones.

One of the first thing listed in your change log is: "revised the force estabs to correct some factual and systemic data anomalies". What are these changes? For example, Panzerfausts have been made more effective, have they not? Was this the result of changes to the weapons data or does the .exe just handle the same data differently now? A lot of the changes in the log seem to be such .exe changes. If, OTOH, the panzerfaust data, for example, has been significantly changed to achieve the result then I should make changes to my French version.

Also, one of the changes listed is: "Adjusted Formation frontage and depth values in BFTB Estabs. Of particular note, increased depth of road column from 3 to 4m per man. This had a significant effect on combat losses by reducing unit density of forces in road column. This one factor alone virtually halved combat losses." If these changes are limited then it'll be fairly simple to change the values in my scratch estab formation tab but otherwise (unless there's a way to overwrite/update automatically this section of the estab) it sounds like I'll have to recreate my whole estab. Might it not be possible, as I suggested a while ago, to allow parts of estabs to be imported/exported?

The only other change in the log that have the word estab in it is: "Revised Estabs - including reductions to size of bases and arty Bns and mods to RPG ammo." What values were these, and why?

Finally, US AT Platoons have been merged into the Coys - will independent AT Platoons not work properly anymore?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 32
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 12/4/2011 11:18:42 PM   
Arjuna

As Richard made virtually all of the data changes that affect estabs, I'll let him respond to this.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Chief Rudiger)
Post #: 33
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 1/9/2012 8:01:17 AM   
JeffroK

Really good mod.

I feel the game engine relly shines with these smaller sized scenarios, Allies start with 2 Bns plus and "grows" to 4 Bns plus over the 4 days.

It also covers a really unknown area of WW2

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 34
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 1/12/2012 3:12:41 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

As Richard made virtually all of the data changes that affect estabs, I'll let him respond to this.

Richard, you out there fella?

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 35
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 1/12/2012 4:37:21 PM   
Phoenix100

Chief. Will this scenario work with patch 2 yet? And where can I get the LATEST version of it, please?

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 36
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 1/12/2012 6:24:17 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ok...
quote:

One of the first thing listed in your change log is: "revised the force estabs to correct some factual and systemic data anomalies". What are these changes? For example, Panzerfausts have been made more effective, have they not? Was this the result of changes to the weapons data or does the .exe just handle the same data differently now? A lot of the changes in the log seem to be such .exe changes. If, OTOH, the panzerfaust data, for example, has been significantly changed to achieve the result then I should make changes to my French version.

Also, one of the changes listed is: "Adjusted Formation frontage and depth values in BFTB Estabs. Of particular note, increased depth of road column from 3 to 4m per man. This had a significant effect on combat losses by reducing unit density of forces in road column. This one factor alone virtually halved combat losses." If these changes are limited then it'll be fairly simple to change the values in my scratch estab formation tab but otherwise (unless there's a way to overwrite/update automatically this section of the estab) it sounds like I'll have to recreate my whole estab. Might it not be possible, as I suggested a while ago, to allow parts of estabs to be imported/exported?

The RPG and formation changes, which these refer to, were done by Dave either "under the hood" or in the estab editor. Sorry to throw the ball into back that court... All you need to do is open the estab editor and compare the formation types in your estab with those in the BFTB estab to see if there is any differences. I think any differences should just be limited to "road column" and "in-situ" formations.

quote:

The only other change in the log that have the word estab in it is: "Revised Estabs - including reductions to size of bases and arty Bns and mods to RPG ammo." What values were these, and why?
Any changes to ammo were only changes in weight to better simulate ammo supply delivery. It has minimal effect on the game IMO but I was requested to do it.

We reduced the number of personnel and some vehicles in some Arty Bn's because they footprint was too big. Again, I'm not totally sure why we did this, but I was asked to do it. There were some other tweaks to bases to facilitate supply handling but mainly for air-landed airborne bases (not land-based airborne.)

quote:

Finally, US AT Platoons have been merged into the Coys - will independent AT Platoons not work properly anymore?
This is really the only estab change that I sanctioned. Independant AT platoons wtill work if you want to use them. Just remember that US rifle Coys have the 57mm AT guns from the AT platoon inherent so don't duplicate.

simovitch

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 37
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 10/3/2012 8:04:20 PM   
Whoover

Can someone send me these files? Link is/was Megaupload, so no longer available...

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 38
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 10/3/2012 9:15:25 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

Really good mod.

I feel the game engine relly shines with these smaller sized scenarios, Allies start with 2 Bns plus and "grows" to 4 Bns plus over the 4 days.

It also covers a really unknown area of WW2

Couldn't agree more...give me loads of small scale, big map, several day scenarios everytime.

Say two or three battalions each side, but lasting longer than one or two days, say three or four.

They make the most immersive scenarios and you also see the engine working in all it's glory, as with the big scenarios you just see a mass of counters.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 39
RE: WIP New Map and Scenario - 12/31/2016 7:40:13 AM   
dordo59

No one link in this forum is right.
Do you know where download or have you the files ?

Many thanks and happy new year.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: WIP New Map and Scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI