Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Global War Transports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Global War Transports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Global War Transports - 1/1/2017 12:47:11 PM   
avgard

I seem to have a supply and transport issue with the US. What is the best transport and supply build program for
the US?
Post #: 1
RE: Global War Transports - 1/2/2017 8:23:29 AM   
rjh1971

You need to keep a chain of transports so the supply sources can make it to your factories. The "chain" fromAustralia to America will be devastated by Japan in the first turn of its attack, especially if playing against a human player. I always have transports in the production queue as to replace the damaged and destroyed ones, they are also needed for amphibious landings. This chain of transports is also necessary to link Africa and Europe.
There's a screen that tells you the areas with resources not linked that are being stocked in the pool, this stock has a limit beyond which you're loosing those resources.
Hope this helps.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to avgard)
Post #: 2
RE: Global War Transports - 10/20/2017 11:54:37 AM   
avgard

What I mean is how many should you build to have enough. I understand the chain. Is there a magic number.

(in reply to avgard)
Post #: 3
RE: Global War Transports - 10/20/2017 11:55:44 AM   
avgard

Is there a magic number.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 4
RE: Global War Transports - 10/20/2017 12:34:07 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: avgard

What I mean is how many should you build to have enough. I understand the chain. Is there a magic number.

From memory you should have at least 50-55 to have all resources linked, that's one transport per zone. This number should be increased in order to accomplish movement of troops, supplies and amphibious operations, the more the better, then again you have to acquire a balance in your production line between tf and other units.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to avgard)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Global War Transports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI