Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Patch Recommendation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> A Patch Recommendation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Patch Recommendation - 1/7/2017 9:37:21 PM   
BK6583

The way the AI uses German construction units for rail repair (conversion) is starting to drive me nuts. I'll admit up front that I'm still a newbie even after months of play. I thought I understood the rules to mean that if I placed a HQ unit with construction units on a rail head that it would then continue to place them going FORWARD on unconverted rail lines. Instead, I find construction units scattered all over the place converting rail lines in my REAR areas while I need those units converting rail line FPRWARD to my front line. I would REALLY like some semblance of control over these construction units - not to necessarily move them every turn but to certainly PLACE them where they are most needed in close proximity to the HQ to which they are attached.
Post #: 1
RE: A Patch Recommendation - 1/7/2017 10:29:15 PM   
GeneralfeldmarschallWalterModel

From what I have read you have to put 5-10 construction units in OKA AGN AGC AND AGS.

Then move them past your railheads 10+ hexes

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 2
RE: A Patch Recommendation - 1/8/2017 1:42:21 PM   
sillyflower

HQs with construction units need to be on converted rail lines for the construction units to do their job. Best place for the German ones is OKH

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Post #: 3
RE: A Patch Recommendation - 1/8/2017 4:01:15 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

HQs with construction units need to be on converted rail lines for the construction units to do their job. Best place for the German ones is OKH

How about Russian ones? STAVKA?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 4
RE: A Patch Recommendation - 1/8/2017 8:20:13 PM   
TAIL_GUNNER

There is kind of a way to gain control of your rail-repair units. There is a new multi-mode feature in the editor which basically lets you spit out support units from the HQ and they become controllable on-map units. I did a simple test where I made all Axis construction SUs enabled with this feature and tested it. The good news is it does indeed work, but only if near a functioning rail head and you must pop them out before the HQ moves. The bad news is that in the next turn, the construction SUs have MPs of zero and must be returned to the HQ. Then the next turn, you can pop them out onto the map again. So it seems you lose a turn where the SUs could be working, but maybe this is the way it works normally. I'm on the fence if it is worth the trouble, it seems a lot more micro-managing.

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> A Patch Recommendation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI