Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to Kursk!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to Kursk! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to Kursk! - 1/10/2017 1:31:46 PM   
Daniele

On July 1943, the German war machine had the chance to deal a mortal blow to the Red Army. After the defeat at Stalingrad, it was necessary to regain the initiative and secure the Eastern front. For this purpose, the German High Command massed a huge quantity of Panthers and Tigers tanks in proximity of the Kursk salient, hoping to destroy the bulk of the Russian forces in this area.

But the Soviets, knowing in advance the Hitler’s plan, created over 190 miles of depth defense to stop the Panzerwaffe and they moved their armored forces in reserve for the counter-attack.

The largest tank battle of the entire Second World War was about to commence…

Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk is a DLC containing three Campaign Game Scenarios for Tigers on the Hunt, focused on the key operations during Operation Citadel. This nice addition features a different type of gameplay from the original base game, giving the players a more challenging experience!

A Campaign Game Scenario is a much larger scenario with a lot of units on a large map. The battle lasts generally over several days and nights before the Campaign Game winner is called. To do this the Game Turns are divided into portions for Day (8 Game Turns) and Night (4 Game Turns). See more information on how it works on the official product page here.

Following the steps of the base game, Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will make you toiling for every inch conquered, fighting against an unforgiving AI!

Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk will be available soon! Check its official product page for further information.

< Message edited by Daniele -- 1/10/2017 1:32:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 1:42:20 PM   
Corto2London

For God's Sake !!!

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 2:17:14 PM   
fran52

So we have new rules about visibility and movement for the night?

(in reply to Corto2London)
Post #: 3
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 2:23:02 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: acropora

So we have new rules about visibility and movement for the night?

There are no new rules, for a campaign scenario the Line of Sight is different at night than during a day. This feature is already in the game since the initial release.

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 4
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 2:44:35 PM   
fuselex

Grats on the first DLC .
I for one am more than willing to purchase DLC content to support this game :).
Eagerly awaiting to see what the campaign involves .
I will say though that I would have liked to see a different nationality released as the first DLC.
The campaign will be played and enjoyed without a doubt , but to release a different nationality
would give our talented scenarios makers so much more material to work with .
I imagine ( without knowing how long the campaign goes ) that most will knock it over in a short time .
But give the tools to the scenario gods and there is unlimited potential.

Post #: 5
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 3:02:56 PM   
rico21

and +1

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 6
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 3:13:18 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuselex

Grats on the first DLC .
I for one am more than willing to purchase DLC content to support this game :).
Eagerly awaiting to see what the campaign involves .
I will say though that I would have liked to see a different nationality released as the first DLC.
The campaign will be played and enjoyed without a doubt , but to release a different nationality
would give our talented scenarios makers so much more material to work with .
I imagine ( without knowing how long the campaign goes ) that most will knock it over in a short time .
But give the tools to the scenario gods and there is unlimited potential.

From the TotH perspective, DLCs will be reserved primarily for new scenarios/campaigns with a possibility of minor new features. Expansions will be reserved for major new features like for example new nationalities because of the extensive amount of work required.

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 7
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 3:45:41 PM   
baloo7777

I have experienced considerable delays and slowness in my computers ability to process some of the larger scenarios created for the game (Omaha Beach 1.1 comes to mind). I run a Windows 10 64 bit core i7 with 16 GB RAM and a 480 GB SSD with 150 GB available (I run pro recording/mixing programs with little problem ...they take huge amounts of processing power). My question is, will this DLC with large amounts of units be playable ie. no long delays with the screen frozen waiting for results of fire on a unit, or defensive fire on a moving squad showing the unit disappear and a long time later the fire happen and the result of a KIA show, or moving a vehicle and waiting a very long time for it to be moved by the computer so that another move can be made?

JRR

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 8
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 4:05:40 PM   
Corto2London

And what does mean soon, for the release of DLC, a few days, weeks, months ?

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 9
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 4:23:57 PM   
Paullus

You should be able to play them. I've optimized the scenarios for them to work as smoothly as possible.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 10
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 4:25:27 PM   
Paullus

It should be weeks. I would say early February.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Post #: 11
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 7:11:49 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

You should be able to play them. I've optimized the scenarios for them to work as smoothly as possible.

Thank you Paullus...I want to play this DLC and wanted to be sure before I make the purchase!

I am able to play and enjoy immensely the great majority of scenario content and thank all those who work so hard to create such wonderful scenario's.

< Message edited by baloo7777 -- 1/10/2017 7:14:54 PM >

JRR

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 12
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/10/2017 9:36:36 PM   
javimm

Hi.
Very interesting. Although I have scenarios for a lifetime, I really like the idea.
Any estimate on price?. I've just bought the game during the holiday sale (apart from other games) and I'd like to how how DLCs are going to be priced.
Thank you very much.

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 13
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/11/2017 12:59:09 AM   
Hailstone

Bring it on Peter, bring it on.

(in reply to javimm)
Post #: 14
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/11/2017 8:14:06 AM   
Big Ivan

Huh! What? Christmas twice within a few months?

Tigers on the Hunt with some ass kicking DLC on Kursk the mother of all battles!

Shucks I'm speechless

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 15
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/14/2017 5:42:18 PM   
genesismwt

Kursk will be a great addition. I look forward to downloading it.

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 16
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/18/2017 2:37:11 PM   
terminator

I can't wait for !

Attachment (1)

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 17
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/21/2017 9:00:07 PM   
z1812

It sounds very nice for those that enjoy large maps and lots of units to move around on them.

I have the game and enjoy the smaller scenarios. Should future campaigns be released with smaller maps and less units then I would be interested.

In the meantime I wish the developer success with this DLC.

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 18
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/23/2017 4:49:29 PM   
rico21

Buy the DLC == Fund the improvements
Financing improvements == Better scenarios
I fully understand those who do not share this point of view,
Those must also understand that I do not share their whining.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 19
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/23/2017 5:34:19 PM   
dox44

i'll be 'whining and dining" with Kursk reluctantly. I would like to see improvements users have mentioned and then the DLC but at least
we will have a---ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a players maneuvers to contend with when we play
DLC Kursk so i'll chill the whine...can't wait.

count me in.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 20
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/23/2017 6:37:45 PM   
rico21

Bill accepted!
Next...

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 21
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/24/2017 10:28:53 PM   
kevinkins

September 2 2017: that's some lead time. Frequent progress reports with screen shots would be great.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 22
RE: Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to ... - 1/25/2017 8:57:10 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinkin

September 2 2017: that's some lead time. Frequent progress reports with screen shots would be great.

Until my recent release from working for a corporation with many British components, we had to learn that the correct way to understand their dates as opposed to our American method was to write it out as 9 Feb 2017!

< Message edited by baloo7777 -- 1/25/2017 8:58:06 PM >

JRR

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tigers on the Hunt first DLC announced! Welcome to Kursk! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI