Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A bug with Flame Rockets..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A bug with Flame Rockets.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A bug with Flame Rockets.. - 5/15/2001 1:31:00 PM   
NeoWhiteWolf

Ok this is the second time its happen so im going to report it...im doing an offensive towards the Soviets and i find a few hundred group together including squad after squad of tanks so i fire all 10 of Rocket Truckets in the area and i hit the Men and wipe them out but the moment i hit more than 1 tank at one time ist crahses out.. the game crashes out into windows.....It happened earlyier today when i played against the brits..i randomly shot some rockets and hit a hex with more than 1 tank in it and boom game crashes....this really kills my offensive strategy if it does this every time...thank for listening...

Post #: 1
- 5/15/2001 1:46:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Version 5.01 I assume? Do you have fast artillery on or off? By "hitting" the tank do you mean killing or just landing in the same hex or do you mean getting the clanking sound of the warhead bouncing off? It kind of sounds like you have fast artillery on, I'm not sure though. I killed a Soviet tank last night with rockets and had no problem. How much RAM does your system have? Do you know what your swap file is set at?

PR

(in reply to NeoWhiteWolf)
Post #: 2
- 5/15/2001 4:30:00 PM   
nimu

Just a question:........what is swap file?????and what u mean for memory?you mean RAM like 64,128,256 and so on?? Thanks

"out of ammo........God save the King"

Post #: 3
- 5/15/2001 6:32:00 PM   
Mai Thai

to Urquhart your guess about RAM is right the swap file apply only for windows9x/me/2k users it is a portion of harddrive space used to store data when the system RAM cannot store all information in use by the operating system, is a sort of "virtual RAM" added to the real RAM to prevent system crash (or at least a try to prevent it!) bye

-- occupy it, administer it, exploit it

Post #: 4
- 5/15/2001 6:44:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I have used flame-rockets a lot with version 4.5 and never got a crash. Actually never got a crash with Spwaw, no matter the version. With rockets, Fast-artillery on, all the possibles results were reported and, repeat, never crashed. And played a lot (two campaigns of 50 scenarios with a dozen halftracks with flame rockets). Try the at direct Fire: Terminator Weapons!!! :D

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 5
- 5/15/2001 11:07:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Urquhart, Mai Thai explained it well. To go a step further there are a couple of things I do and did, and I stress "I do", to insure smooth sailing. Windows usually manages your swap file for you, it is a generalization of what the average home user might need for a swap file. Since different software requires different memory needs, it can be easy to run out of the faster RAM memory and need the slower swap files on your hard drive. So I use a program that allows me to override the Windows settings (which you can do anyway) and it sets the swap for the use of the computer need that I pick. I also use a RAM recovery program, which allows me to reclaim RAM memory that was supposed to be released after using a program that wasn't. You may already notice this, when using Windows for a while your machine gets slower and slower and the only way to get it back to speed is to reboot. You can do a search or email me and I'll get you (or anyone else) the links for the programs I use and I should also say there are other programs that do the same thing out there. Cacheman, for the swap file and RAMidle for reclaiming memory. So the reason I was curious about his RAM and swap file size was to get out of testing it myself :) at least immediatly. If his RAM is low and (you'll always have some running Windows in the background and anything else you haven't turned off, so turn it off if you don't need it) he is using his swap file and all of a sudden the game requirements get high, lots of explosion graphics, added sound, and general mayham, his swap file might not be big enough to handle it all and it will crash to the desktop if not worse. Folks RAM is the cheapest I've ever seen it. A one stick DIMM 256meg can be had for 95 bucks. The SIMM sticks are cheap as well. We as war gamers have been lucky for a long time, in that only recently have war game system requirments started rising. They won't gwt lower. If we want the bells and whistles we need the systems to run them. That doesn't mean you've got to run out and get a new machine (whish I could and I'm running a 350), there is a good chance to improve what you've got. Didn't mean to carry on so when I started this, sorry :) [ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: Pack Rat ]

PR

Post #: 6
- 5/18/2001 1:10:00 PM   
Gloo

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: ...Windows usually manages your swap file for you...
Two easy ways to fix the RAM "problems" under Win 9.x: -First, fix same amount of space for your min and max swap file in the Windows/System/Performances/Virtual Memory tab (right click on: My computer/properties). Good values are around: your physical memory/2,5. -Second, Win+R (or Execute in your start menu) and type in MSCONFIG (no case sensitive). Then go to the System.ini tab. Find the [386Enh] section and add these lines: ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1. That tells Windows to use ALL the RAM before swapping to HD. That's it! :D [ May 18, 2001: Message edited by: Gloo ]

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A bug with Flame Rockets.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI