Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Value of Infantry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Value of Infantry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Value of Infantry - 5/15/2001 1:41:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Having no internet connection at home I'm eagerly waiting for the MC. But nonetheless I'm reading the message board with interest hoping to learn as much as possible before starting to play. But now I got a question resulting from the fine AAR of Alexandra about Edsons Ridge at the raiders page. If I understood the system correctly, you get 1 point for every KIA grunt. Furthermore you get additional points approximately related to the "price" of the squad/group if you have killed all man of the squad/group. But why the Japanese are credited with only 80 points having killed 80 man and (at least)one squad (in turn four) of Alexandra? :confused: May be it's only a mistake in the report?? BTW I feel not very happy with this system of scoring, for it' s possible that you have lost many more man (but no full squad/group) and win because you were so lucky to kill some full squads/groups. Well, you can argue, that a fully killed squad has lost it's ability to build up fresh recruits to experienced soldiers and so a group of say 10 is more valuable than the same number of individual soldiers. But otherwise: KIA means also wounded or too scared to fight, furthermore there are almost always soldiers of a group not participating in a special fight because they are on leave, sick etc, so even if the full group is KIA there is a good possibility the group can rebuilt around a core of the old group. How do you think about it? Something to be changed in a future game, for I don't think it's possible in SPWAW? [ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: kgvm ]

Post #: 1
- 5/15/2001 2:43:00 PM   
Voriax

kgvm, your losses are counted against you. That's why you will not get a great score if you waste all enemies but also lose a lot of your own troops. Voriax [ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: Voriax ]

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to K G von Martinez)
Post #: 2
- 5/15/2001 8:54:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Seems I was not clear enough :( If I understand the rules correctly it's possible that I have lost say 200 man = 200 points if I was lucky not to lose a full squad/group. I myself have killed only say 50 man, but because I have always killed the full squad/group I get 50 points for the 50 man plus maybe more than 150 points for the squads/groups meaning instead of much higher losses I have scored more points.

Post #: 3
- 5/15/2001 10:14:00 PM   
Voriax

Ahhh.okay...now that I read your original post being a bit more awake.. :) Now this is bit of an 'afaik' info, but I think that you do get points when you kill individual soldiers, but when the whole unit dies/disperses, you will only get the unit points and not 'soldier' points too. I have to admit that I haven't paid that close atention to the scoring. If I feel that i've won then I've won, no matter the score :) I played one scenario a while ago where I was supposed to withdraw my troops..well..I refused to do that and instead gave the enemy a proper whacking. :D Of course the result was a draw as I didn't get any points from units I was supposed to withdraw..but I had more fun this way. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Value of Infantry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI