Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks St... - 1/17/2017 12:51:52 PM   
Daniele

Hubert Cater has been interviewed by Grogheads! :-)

http://grogheads.com/?p=13659
Post #: 1
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 1/17/2017 1:58:23 PM   
n0kn0k

quote:

Any interest in other conflicts with this same engine?

The idea to perhaps do a US Civil War game has come up from time to time and at one time we discussed Napoleon but for either option we’d have to add some key changes to the game engine in order to have them play out as expected.

Other ideas have been to focus on smaller linked campaigns or scenarios as these would highlight the speed and effectiveness of the AI that much more if we focused it more on its tactical strengths, but as with all potential developments, time will tell.

Please make a Roman Empire game. Pretty, pretty please. (got some good memories from Centurion: Defender of Rome back in the day)
I've started on a total overhaul mod for SC2 10 years ago, but never finished it.
Think of the huge number of factions and chance to beef up diplomacy in the game a bit more.
Add linked smaller campaigns to that and you've got a winner.

< Message edited by n0kn0k -- 1/17/2017 1:59:36 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 1/17/2017 7:35:47 PM   
xwormwood

Great interview, thanks for sharing!

I would like to suggest to divide the map into at least two or 4 parts.
I've learned to love the benefits from playing the monster board gam The Great War in Europe.
While you play on the eastern front, your opponen (AI!) plays on the western front.
With this system you usually never have to wait, you always play or watch the action of the last turn.

"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)

(in reply to n0kn0k)
Post #: 3
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 1/17/2017 7:52:30 PM   
BobbyS53

Nice interview, very glad to hear Hubert is feeling better and back to work on multiplayer. I, for one, would love to see a Pacific version of this game, I think it would be fantastic.

(in reply to xwormwood)
Post #: 4
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 1/19/2017 6:54:11 PM   
OxfordGuy3

A Napoleonic grand strategy version would be fantastic, though I see someone is already working on a Mod for this. I used to love AH's War in Peace

(in reply to BobbyS53)
Post #: 5
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 3/30/2017 3:57:02 PM   
Fintilgin

I vote for Korean War or another take on the Russian Front.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 6
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 3/30/2017 5:22:32 PM   
IrishGuards

Indeed Napoleonics is great, AH war and peace, still have the game.
IG

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 7
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 1/11/2019 4:37:42 AM   
Steely Glint

Bill, Hubert: PLEASE make a Napoleonic version of SC. There is a huge market for it.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to IrishGuards)
Post #: 8
RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talk... - 1/11/2019 8:59:33 PM   
Kornstalx

Deleted

< Message edited by Kornstalx -- 1/11/2019 9:00:40 PM >

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI