Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Download and Install Troubleshooting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Download and Install Troubleshooting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download and Install Troubleshooting - 1/28/2017 7:39:10 PM   
WIF_Killzone

I am trying to re-install the game and boy is it frustrating. Terrible user experience.

There is very little in the way of help, no install guide, no troubleshooting guide, no resources anywhere on Google search, YouTube, in the forums, etc.

On the download screen there is simply the links, so I grabbed the latest file, installed, but in the list of programs in windows there is only the some PDF's installed. So I went no problem, I went to the install directory and tried to run the executable, nothing,ran the autorun program, ya the main memu comes up, click Play and nothing.

Can someone post a sticky on how to actually install the game, would be a big help. Perhaps I need to close a firewall, etc, but there should be a guide for that to imho.

Frustrated!
Post #: 1
RE: Download and Install Troubleshooting - 1/28/2017 9:02:41 PM   
paulderynck

Start by seeing if you have these files:

WorldinFlames-SetupRelease-v100.exe
WorldinFlames-SetupRelease-v100.2
WorldinFlames-SetupRelease-v100.3
WorldinFlames-SetupRelease-v100.4

If you have them they need to be in a folder to work properly, not just on your desktop. Run the exe and then it should install to the point of getting the autotrun splash screen, from which you can run the Updater to get to the latest public release. To get to the latest public beta you need to check the sticky in the main forum, and download the latest public beta which is 2.3.4.

Paul

(in reply to WIF_Killzone)
Post #: 2
RE: Download and Install Troubleshooting - 1/28/2017 9:42:09 PM   
WIF_Killzone

Thanks, definitely don't have those. I think I found the path to resolve this, though, trying it now.

Login to Matrix, then select My Products, then select World In Flames "registered" hyperlink. It then lists the original purchase installer and the most recent update. Downloading the installer which I hope will then install the SetURelease files as described in the in the last post.

World in Flames PC Installer
Version v.1.00 (7 NOV 2013)
ZIP Download WorldinFlames-SetupRelease-v100.zip (1095.96 mb)

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: Download and Install Troubleshooting - 1/28/2017 9:51:40 PM   
davidachamberlain

quote:

ORIGINAL: WIF_Killzone

Thanks, definitely don't have those. I think I found the path to resolve this, though, trying it now.

Login to Matrix, then select My Products, then select World In Flames "registered" hyperlink. It then lists the original purchase installer and the most recent update. Downloading the installer which I hope will then install the SetURelease files as described in the in the last post.

World in Flames PC Installer
Version v.1.00 (7 NOV 2013)
ZIP Download WorldinFlames-SetupRelease-v100.zip (1095.96 mb)

The 4 files mentioned are in the ZIP file you have located. Copy those from the Zip to a folder you can execute from. You could run the executable but it won't find the other files, so it is best to copy the files first.

Dave

Post #: 4
RE: Download and Install Troubleshooting - 1/28/2017 10:38:53 PM   
WIF_Killzone

Resolved. Started from scratch by uninstalling latest game file, extracted the PC Installer files, which correctly created short cuts, installed into the proper directory, etc. Immediately ran the update, which then installed the latest game file. The update failed on two files because they were already open (best to close the main menu first). As a result the program wouldn't run. I then updated the game file manually, which installed the missing files and that worked.

Thanks for your help. Back in business.

(in reply to davidachamberlain)
Post #: 5
RE: Download and Install Troubleshooting - 1/29/2017 7:26:27 PM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: WIF_Killzone

Resolved. Started from scratch by uninstalling latest game file, extracted the PC Installer files, which correctly created short cuts, installed into the proper directory, etc. Immediately ran the update, which then installed the latest game file. The update failed on two files because they were already open (best to close the main menu first). As a result the program wouldn't run. I then updated the game file manually, which installed the missing files and that worked.

Thanks for your help. Back in business.

As another bit of advice you might start playing some games and they may not work to well on newer revisions. I keep a master copy of the game update to the latest public release and this I keep as a master copy. When updating to a new patch you copy the whole World in Flames folder from this master copy into another folder(name it anything you like) and when installing the patch you direct it to this new folder. The advantage of this is you can have multiple installations of the game on your PC all independent of each other and different versions.

Your master copy never changes

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Download and Install Troubleshooting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI