Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating the protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Creating the protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating the protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleve... - 2/11/2017 4:41:06 AM   
lucr41

UPDATE:
This topic and a few other topics have been consolidated here.

===============
After all 6 Bavarian provinces are conquered by France in the 1792 scenario, the subsequent creation of the Protectorate of Bavaria by France will automatically include all 6 provinces. This may not be desirable, as 2 of those provinces (Kleves and Palatinate) historically remained annexed to Metropolitan France. Also, Berg was eventually part of the Confederation of the Rhine, not Bavaria.

I was unable to find an in-game feature to break-up Bavaria’s Rhine possessions, nor was I able to find a forum post dealing with this issue. I would think I am not the first to want to do this.

Anyway, I figured out a way to accomplish this and would like to share with the COGEE community.

===============

To make those three provinces independent from Bavaria, the Province Ownership and City List attributes in the *.sve file must be modified. Make sure you create a backup of your sve file BEFORE modifying it, to guard against an editing mistake which could corrupt your file. Also, I have not experienced any adverse effects following these edits, but make sure you backup your file, just in case.

Open the sve file and locate the desired province code (can be found in the COG2Provinces.txt file). Edit the file with Notepad, as Excel will corrupt the file and render it unusable.

Province Ownership:
In this example, Berg (143) is made independent of Bavaria (though will remain conquered, if conquered).

Find the “143” code for Berg, as shown in the attached Berg.gif file. Change both highlighted “12” (representing the Bavarian player) to “13” (representing the Berger player). The list of players can be found in the COG2Players.txt file. The process can be repeated for Kleves and Palatinate.

After this change, the fortress icon representing Berg’s city (Dusseldorf) will now have a star in it, indicating Dusseldorf is now the capital. Prior to this change, there would have been no star in the fortress icon, indicating the province’s capital was a city in another province.

City List:
In this example, the ownership flag for Berg (143) will be changed to reflect its “independent” status (independent from Bavaria, that is; but not from its conqueror, if conquered).

Find the “143” code for Berg, as shown in the attached Berg.gif file. Change the highlighted “12” (representing the Bavarian player) to “13” (representing the Berger player). The list of players can be found in the COG2Players.txt file. The process can be repeated for Kleves and Palatinate.

After this change, the ownership flag will now show the French flag super-imposed with a small Berger flag. Prior to this change, the ownership flag would have been a French flag super-imposed with a smaller Bavarian flag.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lucr41 -- 5/6/2017 7:08:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate - 4/20/2017 1:29:06 AM   
debtmars

Thanks for your post. I will try this.

Just an FYI, it appears that the ability to create Kingdoms does not work properly. I have attempted to create the Kingdom of Italy in the Standard 1805 Scenario. I made Venetia a Protectorate and added it to Italia to create the Kingdom of Italy. The map is correct with a dashed outline (blue for France) by showing Venetia as part of Italia, the Provinces tab list is correctly as Italia, however, in the Diplomacy tab-Countries list, Venetia is still listed as Conquered. I again, selected to make it a Protectorate and attached it to Italia. This time both the Protectorate and Liberate tabs disappeared and it still shows as Conquered.

(in reply to lucr41)
Post #: 2
RE: Protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate - 4/20/2017 3:03:28 AM   
lucr41

Hi, you are doing it correctly.

The problem resides in the COG2Regions.txt file, which defines the provinces required for each Region. It appears this file was ported over from First Edition CoG as is, without being modified to take into account the many changes to provinces in the updated COGEE map.

This file, in its original state, requires Carniola in order to establish the Kingdom of Italy region. Therefore, it is not possible to receive the bonus units for this region, unless you get Austria to cede Carniola.

At any rate, the COG2Regions.txt file has errors in the province definitions for all Regions.

I have modified this file to correct these errors.

I am not able to attach the modified file to this thread, as there is a limit of 1 attachment per thread. Therefore, I will post under a new thread called "How to fix missing regional bonus units".

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 3
RE: Protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate - 4/20/2017 3:26:38 AM   
debtmars

Thanks. Will your post include the other Kingdoms? I assume that you will.

Hmmm. I just checked. Neither Carniola nor Trieste are listed as options in the Diplomacy-Countries tab, so there is no way to create them as a Protectorate and add them to Italia. Will the file you at posting fix the problem?

< Message edited by debtmars -- 4/20/2017 3:29:40 AM >

(in reply to lucr41)
Post #: 4
RE: Protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate - 4/20/2017 3:43:53 AM   
lucr41

Yes, the new thread I posted includes changes to all kingdoms.

I see my mistake, now. Carniola would not appear in that tab, as it is an Austrian home province. It still would not appear even if ceded by Austria.

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Creating the protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI