Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/12/2017 10:17:54 AM   
Hotei

I would like to try the B-MOD.

https://sites.google.com/site/bigbsshipyard/b-mod-ae

I am open to house rules but I would like to play a historically plausible game and that should be possible by picking a right type of opponent rather than by a long list of rules.

Preferred settings.

Fog of War: On
Adv. Weather Effects: On
Allied Damage Control: On
Player Def. Upgrades: On
Historical First Turn: Off
Dec. 7th Surprise: On
Reliable USN Torpedoes: Off
Realistic R&D: On
No Unit Withdrawals: Off
Reinforcement: +/-15
Auto Sub OPS: Off
Set All Factories to Expand at Start: Off
Auto upgrade Ships and Air Groups: Off
Accept Air & Ground Replacements: Off
Turn Cycle: 1

< Message edited by Hotei -- 2/13/2017 5:42:24 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/14/2017 9:29:00 PM   
walkerd

Hi

Would be interested in a game. I too prefer limited house rules and an historical game style - staying away from tactics that I feel would never have been done.

The only house rule I general insist on is needing to pay PP to cross borders for restricted unites. The exceptions I like is to allow some Chinese in Burma and the Thai army to be allowed to operate in Burma.

I can do a turn a day most days, on my weekend I might be able to do more (I have a 3 day weekend and the work days are longer hours). FYI, I live in Sydney so Australasian Eastern Standard Time.

"Carpe diem" - Seize the day!

"Carpe Cerevisi" - Seize the beer!

(in reply to Hotei)
Post #: 2
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/14/2017 9:53:25 PM   
Hotei

quote:

ORIGINAL: walkerd

Hi

Would be interested in a game. I too prefer limited house rules and an historical game style - staying away from tactics that I feel would never have been done.

The only house rule I general insist on is needing to pay PP to cross borders for restricted unites. The exceptions I like is to allow some Chinese in Burma and the Thai army to be allowed to operate in Burma.

I can do a turn a day most days, on my weekend I might be able to do more (I have a 3 day weekend and the work days are longer hours). FYI, I live in Sydney so Australasian Eastern Standard Time.

The payment of PP is something I agree also, this mod gives you more points anyways so you should get to move your units much more.

The mod is familiar to you?
I have zero experience with the allied side so I dont know if my settings are even fair with PDU on as the Japanese air starts stronger.
I would never try to offer bad terms on purpose.

I can most likely go over one turn per day trough the year but there are times that the game might need to wait for some days.
I will get even more time for gaming and other hobbies near the end of this year and in to the next.
But in general I dont feel any pressure to finish the game in some record time, this is my first so it is also a learning process.

Have you played many PBEMs?

(in reply to walkerd)
Post #: 3
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/14/2017 10:09:21 PM   
Falken

Good luck Hotei,

I almost replied to try a game with you, but would not have been able to play a turn per day. However, i'm really glad you found an Allied opponent already.

You will be very happy with Brian's BMOD. I've followed his work since the old WITP days, and you won't be disappointed. Brian has immense attention to detail, and in producing a realistic game.

It doesn't have the OOB bells and whistles of DBB or BTS, but if you want basic Stock, but with realistic combat results, and in this case, a very strict, and meaningful Japan-China war, then this mod is for you.

I will follow your AARs big time. It's so good to see people pick up BMOD. It deserves much attention.

(in reply to Hotei)
Post #: 4
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/14/2017 10:33:57 PM   
Hotei

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falken

Good luck Hotei,

I almost replied to try a game with you, but would not have been able to play a turn per day. However, i'm really glad you found an Allied opponent already.

You will be very happy with Brian's BMOD. I've followed his work since the old WITP days, and you won't be disappointed. Brian has immense attention to detail, and in producing a realistic game.

It doesn't have the OOB bells and whistles of DBB or BTS, but if you want basic Stock, but with realistic combat results, and in this case, a very strict, and meaningful Japan-China war, then this mod is for you.

I will follow your AARs big time. It's so good to see people pick up BMOD. It deserves much attention.

Thanks!
I did not plan to start an official AAR but I will need some help from the forums for sure at times.
I do like the realistic China focus as it keeps me honest to the historical situation at the start of the war.
I dont really know what I can do, the course of the conflict is now totally open compared to the stock game that had influenced my options.

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 5
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/15/2017 1:00:24 AM   
walkerd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotei

quote:

Hi

The payment of PP is something I agree also, this mod gives you more points anyways so you should get to move your units much more.

I have zero experience with the allied side so I dont know if my settings are even fair with PDU on as the Japanese air starts stronger.

I can most likely go over one turn per day trough the year but there are times that the game might need to wait for some days.
I will get even more time for gaming and other hobbies near the end of this year and in to the next.
But in general I dont feel any pressure to finish the game in some record time, this is my first so it is also a learning process.

My brief look at the scenario did show high pilot skills for Japan. and I have no idea how that will turn out, gives you a distinct starting edge and I am ok with that. I did not check out the pool sizes, so not sure if that makes a difference.

I agree about the pace, you can easily overload yourself and real life also needs some time spent on it.

I have played, maybe 6 or 7 PBEM's. The last one was a smaller scenario - modified Guadalcanal. Nothing for a year or so due to computer issues.

"Carpe diem" - Seize the day!

"Carpe Cerevisi" - Seize the beer!

(in reply to Hotei)
Post #: 6
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 2/15/2017 9:12:02 AM   
Hotei

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotei

quote:

Hi

My brief look at the scenario did show high pilot skills for Japan. and I have no idea how that will turn out, gives you a distinct starting edge and I am ok with that. I did not check out the pool sizes, so not sure if that makes a difference.

I agree about the pace, you can easily overload yourself and real life also needs some time spent on it.

I have played, maybe 6 or 7 PBEM's. The last one was a smaller scenario - modified Guadalcanal. Nothing for a year or so due to computer issues.

PM sent.

The scenario and its effects are new to me also, I like the unknown in the beginning.

(in reply to walkerd)
Post #: 7
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 3/18/2017 4:48:54 AM   
spence

Frankly - as it should be. Only the Allied Player should know where his initial morale stands. Only the Japanese Player should know what it takes to break that morale: giving a somewhat ahistorical advantage to the IJ Player maybe nobody should know what it takes to break that morale.

(in reply to Hotei)
Post #: 8
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 3/18/2017 6:46:04 PM   
Wineguy

Sorry I missed this, I would like to try out the B-Mod. Have one game going in March 1942 but have room for one more, so if your game doesnt work out please consider me. Thanks, Steve.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 9
RE: New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) - 5/25/2017 6:56:11 PM   
robertobagnasco

Hi Steve,
I like play as Allies in GC MOD-B > SL > Extended Map > NO HR > possibility Quiet China.

See you soon
Roberto

(in reply to Wineguy)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> New player needs an allied opponent (B-MOD) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI