Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 2:29:08 PM   
nehi

its overtaken from german to czech, i guess masterpiece is quite similar

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/25/2017 2:35:11 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 121
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 5:22:22 PM   
Robotron

To be specific:
Attacking Switzerland as CP will set Italy's alignment to 95, even if it was higher (closer to joining Entente) before.

Italy: "Gosh! They dared to attack Switzerland, better demobilize our troops!"

Definitely not a Meisterstück by the original designers.

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 122
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 5:42:57 PM   
nehi

nasty combo is, fire gas first, then open alp front :D

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 123
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 6:18:43 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Robotron

To be specific:
Attacking Switzerland as CP will set Italy's alignment to 95, even if it was higher (closer to joining Entente) before.

Italy: "Gosh! They dared to attack Switzerland, better demobilize our troops!"

Definitely not a Meisterstück by the original designers.

So let me understand clearly: What nehi is saying is true...! That Italy crawls into a hole for 20 turns...! If so; It just goes to show how inept the dev's were in the first place...

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 124
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 7:39:49 PM   
operating

Swiss Event:

Here is the Swiss Event SS, what I have not looked up, is if there are any consequences that go along with it. Don't forget, that Entente could also DOW on the Swiss too..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 125
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 7:54:41 PM   
operating

OK, dug up the script for this event, at least it is relevant:

Hello Robotron: Can you explain what this script means? See the Italy alignment switch, also see a USA alignment switch (I think) and what appears to be a 10 NM boost to Italy.

-- Switzerland attacked by Central Powers
if GetEvent("SwitzerlandAttacked2") == 0 then
local switzerland = game:GetFactionById(17)
if switzerland.alliance.id == 1 then
SetEvent("SwitzerlandAttacked1", -1)
SetEvent("SwitzerlandAttacked2", game.turn)
local italy = game:GetFactionById(8)
if italy.alliance.id == 0 then
-- When neutral, like the other side
italy.luaData.alignment = 95
elseif italy.alliance.id == 1 then
-- When in other alliance, increase morale
ChangeFactionMorale(italy, 10)
else
-- When in aggressors alliance, drop morale
ChangeFactionMorale(italy, -20)
end
local usa = game:GetFactionById(10)
if usa.alliance.id == 0 then
ChangeFactionAlignment(usa, attacker, -10)
end

< Message edited by operating -- 2/25/2017 7:56:30 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 126
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 8:14:43 PM   
operating

Turn 23

France

All is quiet on the Western Front .. My mission from here on out is to reduce German front line units of readiness and continue strategic bombing. Can't spot any German reserves here, my guess is: That they have gone for the expected invasion of Italy, also will assume opnn is using the FOW to hide his units up in Belgium, not sure. Replenished what I can, and moved into France a balloon squadron in anticipating of the Italian battles to come..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/25/2017 8:25:02 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 127
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 9:01:11 PM   
operating

Turn 23

Kovno-Vilna

Actually it was fairly quiet on this front too..! There were intermitted mini-battles up and down this front, rarely do the Germans initiate an attack lately, they seem content to just hold their ground, however they seem to be a bit strained at times. What's going on..? Is the blockade taking an effect on my opponent? Or is he stocking up for a decisive Italy invasion? I'm looking to dislodge the German cav up by Riga and keeping a garrison there in reserve just in case I can turn his flank.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/25/2017 9:12:12 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 128
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 9:06:31 PM   
nehi

for entente is declaring war on suiss painfull, i guess it changes italy alignment to neutral and usa too (for cp it costs bulgaria, but thats fine deal)

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/25/2017 9:08:51 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 129
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 9:18:03 PM   
operating

In almost all of my MP matches lately the USA never enters the war, it would interesting to see effect on the USA with a CP violation of the Swiss..

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 130
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/25/2017 9:30:49 PM   
operating

Turn 24

North Baltic

This naval battle by far has been the most interesting by far of anything in this match..! There's new game advertised by Slitherine that has something to do with the Kreigsmarine that is in beta, once it is released I'm sure to buy it. Sank a 1 strength armored cruiser (red circle) way up north by a rag tag Russian sub fleet. Little by little wearing down the German fleets and replenishing mine. A new Russian fleet just deployed next to Tallinn. The Russian balloon units are doing one heck of a job killing German subs.! Sometimes I have to put myself in opnn's place and try and figure out a good plan on how the German navy can best deal with all these sub attacks.. I do not envy his situation..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/25/2017 9:46:15 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 131
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 3:24:28 AM   
operating

Turn 24

Kovno-Vilna

The blue circles represent units that have been upgraded with AA and in some cases also repaired. Some minor battles, not much else happened here..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 3:27:34 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 132
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 10:07:07 AM   
operating

Turn 24

Warsaw-Galicia

Aside from some minor skirmishes upgraded with AA and repaired all units possible here. What I knew for sure, was that opnn used his air-force extensively capturing Serbia, now is the question: Where is he going to employ his air-power next? My guess it will be in Italy, but should he decide to go after Warsaw or the Eastern Front The Russians will have Anti-Aircraft defense and not be a push over like the Serbians due to air-power.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 10:25:26 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 133
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 10:35:36 AM   
operating

Turn 24

Italy

Thought for sure that opnn would have done a preemptive DOW on Italy this turn, maybe next turn. So to take the steam out of his war engine did air strikes where I felt could hamper his conquest of Italy and also hurt AH PP. Scored hits on both German artillery's and stifled CP units by Trento, at the same time uncovered the locations of his airforce, which I am sure is intended for that initial thrust into Italy.. Railed a French infantry towards the Italian border anticipating a CP invasion, also deployed another French balloon by Lyon. German zeppelins found my Brit infantry in Nice bombing raids. It will be crucial that English and French reinforcements be deployed in Italy as soon as war breaks out there, for it will take Italy at least 2 turns to produce any reinforcements of it's own, by which time their front lines could have been pushed back considerably.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 11:03:12 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 134
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 11:41:43 AM   
operating

Turn 24

France

Resumed strategic bombing of Germany to try to sap the strength of it's military operations I expect are aimed at Italy. French and English fighters do their best to wear on Von Hindenburg's armies, setting them up for French infantry assaults. IIRC English light cruiser is in port for an upgrade for torpedo bulge. All are holding their breath to see what happens in Italy soon..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 11:51:05 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 135
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 11:56:27 AM   
Robotron

If Entente attacks Switzerland:

If neutral Italy's alignment is set to 20, ruining any hope of Italy joining Entente. On the other hand an alignment of 20 is not low enough to guarantee Italy joining CP any time soon (ca. 60 turns) if no other alignment-changing events do occur in the meantime.
If Italy has already joined Entente before, Italy will lose 20 morale.
If Italy has already joined CP before, Italy will gain 10 morale.
US alignment shifts 10 closer to CP.

If CP attack Switzerland:

If neutral Italy's alignment is set to 95. Since Italy already starts the 1914 scenario at 94.4 this will actually DELAY Italy joining the Entente unless Switzerland gets DOWed right at the start of the 1914 scenario.
If Italy has already joined Entente before, Italy will gain 10 morale.
If Italy has already joined CP before, Italy will lose 20 morale.
US alignment shifts 10 closer to Entente.

< Message edited by Robotron -- 2/26/2017 12:00:16 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 136
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 2:05:05 PM   
operating

quote:

If Entente attacks Switzerland:

If neutral Italy's alignment is set to 20, ruining any hope of Italy joining Entente. On the other hand an alignment of 20 is not low enough to guarantee Italy joining CP any time soon (ca. 60 turns) if no other alignment-changing events do occur in the meantime.
If Italy has already joined Entente before, Italy will lose 20 morale.
If Italy has already joined CP before, Italy will gain 10 morale.
US alignment shifts 10 closer to CP.

If neutral Italy's alignment is set to 95. Since Italy already starts the 1914 scenario at 94.4 this will actually DELAY Italy joining the Entente unless Switzerland gets DOWed right at the start of the 1914 scenario.
If Italy has already joined Entente before, Italy will gain 10 morale.
If Italy has already joined CP before, Italy will lose 20 morale.
US alignment shifts 10 closer to Entente.

I'm beginning to think it might be beneficial to have CP DOW Swiss after Italy enters, providing CP has the MP on the map..

PS: Throw that thought out.. It would have to be DOW Swiss before Italy enters..!

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 2:10:05 PM >

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 137
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 2:29:26 PM   
operating

Turn 24

Suez

Most of my units here got needed rest in preparations for the next Big Push, while air-power continue to harass enemy units and bomb Aqaba. The navy is doing it's part too with bombardments and scouting for unseen units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 2:34:48 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 138
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 2:40:56 PM   
operating

Turn 25

Italy Enters war

I fully expected opnn would have DOW on Italy on his turn 25, and was someehat surprised he did not.. So I asked him in the chat window why he had not? His response was that he wanted to play the game on a historical level, or something to that effect, in other words he was waiting for Italy to DOW instead of CP taking the initiative here. Personally, I would have struck first as I did in our last match as CP, which by the way lead down the road to a CP victory in that match. I had to wonder if his real reason for not striking first was that he was not prepared enough to do so..

[image]local://upfiles/43885/562AC203F56041228A7769BEB08C0BFA.jpg[/image

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 3:00:58 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 139
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 2:41:40 PM   
nehi

thanks for your accuracy as for stueck, i really tought whole life thats a stich :D

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 140
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 3:09:06 PM   
operating

quote:

The above quote is what really confounds me..!!! And how it computes into a 20 turn Italy delay in entering the war.

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 141
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 3:23:54 PM   
nehi

in 1914 its nonsense, if cp need it, then its just before italy would join

beating suiss is waisting of resources, its better to beat france

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/26/2017 3:25:03 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 142
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 3:27:47 PM   
operating

Turn 25

Italy

At first I thought opnn was leaving a gift, an unoccupied Trieste..!! I thought that was real nice of him, only to find out it was some kind of fluke with the graphics that made the German artillery invisible...! Regardless, went on the attack, first with Italian fighters, then with French balloons, finally the Italian garrison went in, to my dismay the artillery did not cave-in although heavily damaged. It would have been nice to have actually seen it. Immediately upgraded all Italian units in preparations for a frontal assault and upgraded some French ones with AA, except for the French garrison railed into Venice with a commander, figured that was a safe move. Railed a Brit garrison up Milan and moved the Brit infantry out of Nice to recover readiness. It looked overall that Italy was in a fairly good disposition.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 3:46:41 PM >

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 143
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 4:03:21 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: nehi

in 1914 its nonsense, if cp need it, then its just before italy would join

beating suiss is waisting of resources, its better to beat france

No, not really..! My thinking is this: If Italy is delayed from DOW 20 turns, that means AH has more time to set up for an Italian invasion at a time more suitable to their choosing and, or have AH actually take on the task of fighting the Swiss while Germany continues it's advances in France, for now France's eastern frontier would be exposed, meaning they would have to employ other units there (that's a guess). Should the Swiss fall under the CP boot, France would be even more exposed. How long do you think the Swiss will last under a bombing campaign, with fighter attacks, I'd venture not a heck of a long time, although CP's progress through Swiss mountains might be a bit slow, but if Bern is captured it opens up a rail link to all kinds of mischief?

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 144
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 4:17:40 PM   
operating

Turn 25

North Baltic

As I try to move into attack positions make contact with hidden subs shielding the main German navy group, what German subs I do not trip over am going to have to assume they have returned to port for repairs or possible upgrades. I don't attack the German subs until the Russian balloons have done their job first. All I can do is keep whittling away at the German fleets, it's slow going, but I feel the advantage is getting stronger for Entente each succeeding turn. The rag-tag Russian sub fleet has finally broken though to more southerly waters and will likely be able to refit later.. A fresh Russian fleet deployed near Tallinn while the English there repaired.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 4:29:45 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 145
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 4:22:23 PM   
Robotron

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

quote:

The above quote is what really confounds me..!!! And how it computes into a 20 turn Italy delay in entering the war.

Let me explain:

Each faction in the game has a value for its alignment ranging from 0 to 100.
0 means the nation has joined Central Powers
100 means the nation has joined Entente.
50 means perfectly neutral.
Every not-perfectly neutral nation will slowly shift toward either CP or Entente during the game depending whether its alignment is lower or higher than 50.
This shifting will accelerate the closer the alignment comes to either 0 or 100.
Events may further increase this shift.

Example#1:
Italy's starting alignment in the vanilla game is 94.4, meaning that Italy will take about 25 turns to join Entente.
Example#2:
A nation with an alignment of 20 will take about 100 (not 60, just re-checked that) turns to join CP.

In turn 24 Italy's alignment is 99.9 and Italy is 1 turn from joining Entente.

So if CP decide to attack Switzerland while Italy is still neutral then Italy's alignment will be reset from 99.9 to 95 as defined by the "Attack on Switzerland" event (which in my opinion is a rather questionable effect), thus delaying Italy's war entry by about 22 turns.

< Message edited by Robotron -- 2/26/2017 4:25:48 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 146
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 4:39:16 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

quote:

Let me explain:

Each faction in the game has a value for its alignment ranging from 0 to 100.
0 means the nation has joined Central Powers
100 means the nation has joined Entente.
50 means perfectly neutral.
Every not-perfectly neutral nation will slowly shift toward either CP or Entente during the game depending whether its alignment is lower or higher than 50.
This shifting will accelerate the closer the alignment comes to either 0 or 100.
Events may further increase this shift.

Example#1:
Italy's starting alignment in the vanilla game is 94.4, meaning that Italy will take about 25 turns to join Entente.
Example#2:
A nation with an alignment of 20 will take about 100 (not 60, just re-checked that) turns to join CP.

In turn 24 Italy's alignment is 99.9 and Italy is 1 turn from joining Entente.

So if CP decide to attack Switzerland while Italy is still neutral then Italy's alignment will be reset from 99.9 to 95 as defined by the "Attack on Switzerland" event (which in my opinion is a rather questionable effect), thus delaying Italy's war entry by about 22 turns.

Robotron,

I have no reason to doubt you, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph! What you describe just does not seem right, seeing how the English and French were willing to promise Italy Trento and Trieste after the "Treaty of London" debacle. I realize you are the messenger and not the dev. And once again "Thank-you" for your interpretations.

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 147
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 4:57:51 PM   
operating

Turn 25

Constantinople

Made a forage towards Bursa hoping for a capture of that city, but was blunted by a Turk garrison, and will have to guess by another behind it that was manning the Straights by Constantinople that is now occupied by the Russians who have upgraded. The English now will have to withdraw next turn for they then will be at half supply. Shore bombardments continue from the Black Sea and the Med... Russian sub is nosing around for other Turk land units..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 5:07:38 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 148
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 6:07:55 PM   
operating

Turn 25

Sarikamish

As you can see I am trying a sweeping left flank hook, the right flank is having a tougher go of it moving through the mountains, but have put a substantial hurt on a Turk cav that should not be able to hold it's ground next turn, if this maneuver continues the Turk army here will find itself surrounded, or it will have to abandon Erzurum to save itself. Let's wait and see how opnn handles it..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 6:18:42 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 149
RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active - 2/26/2017 6:27:10 PM   
operating

Turn 25

Suez

Still no sign of the Turk commander who was here. As soon as the English get finished with reducing the Turks at this choke point will open up this front and likely to have the remaining Turk armies on the run..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/26/2017 6:31:39 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI