Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fantasy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fantasy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fantasy - 5/17/2001 2:31:00 PM   
Stukadawg

When people think of fantasy, they call up images of dragons or super-models. I've fantasized about them too. But I've also fantasized about commanding modern armies (and ancient, medieval, whatever). On one of the Steel Panthers 3 websites, there's a scenario for the battle of Waterloo in the year 1999. Leopards and Leclercs and Challengers instead of cavalry and cannons. Sad thing is, I never tried it. I lent my SP3 disk to a friend's father a few nights back to intice him into downloading SP:World at War. Sitting in front of me is Dupuy and Dupuy's Encyclopedia of Military History. From 3500BC to the present and 1400 pages of inspiration. So what the hell! Expect soon: Atilla Goes Ape S*** The Making of Charlemagne Caesar and the French Resistance Rommel vs. Henry V (northern France) and a much shorter version of The Hundred Year War (might take a few days) I'll leave the historical scenarios to the masters. The amount of detail in those I've checked out is incredible. Sorry I haven't been reporting bugs, I've been too busy playing. :p Best Wishes to All, Stukadawg (some people call me Mike... ...I'll have to strafe them)

Post #: 1
- 5/18/2001 5:34:00 AM   
troopie

Do you also have "Folces Wyrr, Folces Fyrd," the successful Anglo-Saxon guerrilla war against the Normans? "The Stones of Kaiser Willy", Germany intervenes in the Boer War? "Strangling the Serpent?" Czechoslovakia, Poland, France and the UK invade Germany in 1936. Vietnam and the US against China in 1950's? troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Stukadawg)
Post #: 2
- 5/18/2001 6:27:00 AM   
Stukadawg

No, I never caught those but they sound good. I didn't check out SP3 scenarios for a while. Around the same time I bought this computer, I picked up Age of Kings and got swept up by it, just like how I'm swept up by SP:WaW. It reminds me of a Cheech and Chong routine: "I used to be all messed up on drugs and then I found the Lord; now I'm all messed up on the Lord." And like AoK, SP:WaW will always be on my hard drive. I think I'm gonna build a quick Chalons sur Marne scenario (Atilla vs. combined Franks, Germans, and Romans; so Atilla will be Russian I guess). Thanks, I'll look for those scenarios and when I get SP3 back from my friend's dad I'll try to convert them to SP:WaW (probably manually, I haven't seen any conversion software except for the map converter). Have a great day :) StukaLord (big ego today)

(in reply to Stukadawg)
Post #: 3
- 5/18/2001 10:32:00 AM   
troopie

The "Stones of Kaiser Willy" was an Age of Rifles campaign. I used to have it, but lost it in a disk crash. The Anglo-Saxon guerrilla war was an attempt for Medieval. Unfortunately that engine does not handle guerrilla war well. The US/VN vs China and Strangling the Serpent were TOAW 1.0 scenarios. troopie [ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: troopie ]

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Stukadawg)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fantasy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI