Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opinions on a Project

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Opinions on a Project Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opinions on a Project - 5/1/2003 12:36:40 AM   
Sniperdoc

Tell me what you all think of this page I had to make. Do you think it's worth putting on the web?

[URL=http://satweb.sfcc.edu/cgs2820_053/mark.wolf/project3]CGS2820 Project[/URL]

"Kill one man... Terrorize thousands." Chinese Proverb
Post #: 1
- 5/1/2003 1:06:37 AM   
tarendelcymir

Sure, it's got a lot of good information. Put it up.

We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 2
- 5/1/2003 1:33:46 AM   
WyldRage

You should really write the armament of the vehicles, most of them lack that info (that would mean, for several, to also list the variants).

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 3
- 5/1/2003 2:14:27 AM   
Sniperdoc

Yeah, I was going to do that too, but at a page and a half of plain text "condensed" Ausführung history PER vehicle, I kinda thought this would be enough for now... :)

I'm going to continue to work on it, and add all that text at some later date, (it being finals week and all) I'm just trying to get an overall view on navigation, layout etc etc...

Thanks for the input though :)

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 4
- 5/1/2003 4:34:06 AM   
XPara

Looks good mate.

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 5
- 5/1/2003 5:49:55 AM   
rbrunsman

It looks good to me as a work in progress. It's simple to navigate and easy to understand. Armament (as stated before) would be nice to make a priority for addition to each vehicle. Also, perhaps just a quick "what is it?" explanation since most people don't know what "Schwerer" means or what a Bergepanther is used for, etc.?

Does a JagdTiger really weigh 167,000 pounds?! :eek:

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 6
- 5/1/2003 6:23:56 AM   
brent_2

the drawings are beautiful :D

I would add a small description of how the vehicles were used in the detail sections though.

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 7
- 5/1/2003 7:05:13 AM   
Pawlock

I though it was very good, the navigation was very consise.

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 8
- 5/1/2003 7:41:53 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Looks first rate to me.

Actually while I would applaud adding weapon data, weapon data is about as easy to find as it gets, you have provided a lot of not so often included data actually (my opinion).

On an opinion of it just as a web page, I think you did a sterling job (again my opinion).

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 9
Re: Opinions on a Project - 5/1/2003 8:51:28 AM   
Eric Young

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sniperdoc
[B]Tell me what you all think of this page I had to make. Do you think it's worth putting on the web?

[URL=http://satweb.sfcc.edu/cgs2820_053/mark.wolf/project3]CGS2820 Project[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

You need someone to host it?

E

"If I did unto others as they did unto me I would be a horrible person." -Kari Thorsen

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 10
Re: Opinions on a Project - 5/1/2003 10:08:20 AM   
Veldor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sniperdoc
[B]Tell me what you all think of this page I had to make. Do you think it's worth putting on the web?

[URL=http://satweb.sfcc.edu/cgs2820_053/mark.wolf/project3]CGS2820 Project[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

Since when does a page being "worth putting on the web" have anything to do with whether or not its actually on the web?

I wish more pages on the web were like yours and had a purpose and value.

If its your first attempt at a website its a very good one. If you've already done others, its still a very good one.

I like it and you even managed a pleasant "look and feel" to go along with the information and ease of manueverability.

It has my official approval :)

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 11
- 5/1/2003 1:34:51 PM   
Sniperdoc

As far as hosting is concerned, the pictures belong to Metro Books, the drawings anyways. I was going to write them an email and get permission to use their text and drawings, while I do the web page layout.

Maybe they would sponsor it? As far as hosting... if they are going to sponsor or make my layout an official site, they'll probably host it, but if you're offering to host it as a .com :) :D :) :D I wouldn't mind letting you host it... but of course I need permission from MetroBooks first to use their text and pictures. Keep in mind that there's about a page and a half of text (Word Document) that goes along with each vehicle, which gives a little history and each type of variant.

I was planning on making ALL the nations pretty much the same way, and then have a simple gateway where you pick the nation that you want, and what subsection, ie Tanks, Airplanes, Artillery, Small Arms, Ships, etc etc... Like, the Russian page would be set up just like the German pages except the colors would be Red and white, and it would have a Russian WW2 Flag in the upper left with "Russian Tanks" written in Russian Text.

I also have a friend of mine from class who really liked my page, and he and I have talked of making a site of all the 100's of pictures his grandfather took during WW2.

But I need time... I still haven't had time to sit down and Beta Test ERIC!!!!! ARRRGHHH too much studying!!!!!

Well, I got an A+ on this final project anyways.... :) I got it to validate as Strict XHTML which also counted as extra credit... I was the ONLY one that got it to validate as strict... mUAHAHAH

Ok... enough talk... goodnight :D

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 12
- 5/2/2003 7:40:58 AM   
Mad Cow

Make sure there is no plagiarized art, photos or graphics.

For instance, where did you get the tank drawings?

They look very familiar.

Make sure you get permission to use them if they came from another site.

Other than that, it all looks good to me.

EDIT: just say the post you put on the drawings. Good luck getting their permission...

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 13
- 5/2/2003 8:29:18 AM   
Eric Young

I was thinking you could take screen shots from EYSA, replace the Art that you need permission for, and we would host it.

What do you think?

E

"If I did unto others as they did unto me I would be a horrible person." -Kari Thorsen

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 14
- 5/2/2003 8:42:06 AM   
CCB

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]Does a JagdTiger really weigh 167,000 pounds?! :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Close. http://achtungpanzer.com/pz12.htm According to my metric conversion the Henschel versions weighs over 155000 pounds.

Peux Ce Que Veux
in den vereinigten staaten hergestellt

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 15
- 5/2/2003 11:47:45 AM   
Sniperdoc

Yeah, about the pictures and getting permission... that's gonna be the hard part...

As far as using EYSA artwork... sure! Sounds good to me. I think that would be pretty cool, especially if there was some way to make some type of quicktime images that you can drag/rotate. That way the users/browsers could have a more complete image of what the tank looked like instead of a static graphic.

(in reply to Sniperdoc)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Opinions on a Project Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI