Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 1:13:01 PM   
Daniele

For decades, North Korean elites have tried to make their Armed Forces strong enough to discourage any possible foreign intervention. The main strategy adopted so far has been to increase missile capabilities, both to threaten border nations and for self-defense.

But recent news is confirming the fear that the Pyongyang’s regime has made significant progresses in developing an intercontinental rocket, making its reprisals harder to predict and counter.

This new menace has forced Washington and Moscow to put into action their own Contingency plans, and no one knows how this conflict will escalate.

Korean Missile Crisis, the fifth installment in the Command LIVE series, has been released! This scenario explores what could happen if Russia and the United States decide to act independently to put an end to Pyongyang’s ambitions.

Grab the game now!

Do you want to see some action? Our friend – and CMANO expert – Kushan Gaming will stream Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis on his Twitch Channel today February 28th at 6pm PST (March 1st, 2am GMT time)!

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 4/19/2017 9:48:02 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 1:14:08 PM   
dox44

thanks!

no 29th right??

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 1:15:03 PM   
Stardog765

Congrats! Picked up right away.

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 3
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 2:22:28 PM   
Daniele

quote:

ORIGINAL: casebier

thanks!

no 29th right??

29th of February ...

My goodness, time for a holiday I believe XD

The Twitch Stream if you live in GMT time zone is on March 1st at 2am. I have edited the news text and the picture

Sorry for the confusion

< Message edited by Daniele -- 2/28/2017 2:27:35 PM >

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 4
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 4:53:27 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Awesome! Will try it out once I get home from work!

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 5
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 5:34:17 PM   
Lowlaner2012

I have bought the DLC but I cant download, it says maximum downloads exceeded....

< Message edited by highlandcharge -- 2/28/2017 5:35:06 PM >

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 6
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 6:08:42 PM   
Lowlaner2012

Still cant download, is the Bluesnap website being overloaded?

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 7
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 9:33:28 PM   
Lowlaner2012

Cool got it downloaded now :)

Post #: 8
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 10:25:13 PM   
lamboman43

I was excited when I saw in the briefing that the Koreans got the KN-06 deployed and it just so happened that the simultaneous update released introduced the KN-06 to the DB. But when I started up the scenario the KN-06 turned out to be a Vietnamese Gargoyle and the DB version was 447, kind of old. Any reason in particular the newest DB isn't used for this scenario? I doubt it makes too much of a difference, but I figured it would be a good opportunity to show off the new DB version.

Post #: 9
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 2/28/2017 11:18:47 PM   
tjhkkr

Thank you yet again; downloaded this bad boy IMMEDIATELY. Thank you.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to lamboman43)
Post #: 10
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/1/2017 2:03:05 AM   
rmwilsonjr

I cannot download from Matrix site; downloads start and are then interrupted and retry results in "this file cannot be downloaded" message. Same happens when I try to get updates from the launch screen: Says updates available, but aborts partway through. Ideas?

EDIT: Hmmm, fifth time was the charm. Whodathunk?

< Message edited by rmwilsonjr -- 3/1/2017 2:51:33 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 11
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/1/2017 6:30:58 AM   
Dimitris

We had another report on this, possible a temporary hiccup on the provider.

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 12
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/1/2017 12:55:01 PM   
Jecchus

Looks great!

But I cannot create any new mission because of some "Add New Mission" window size problem - the window is too small, so you can't push an "OK"/"Yes"/"Create" button because it is not visible, it's "out" of the window. Reseting possition of secondary windows doesn't help. And the size of that window cannot be changed...

It's the essential (if the problem isn't on my side)...

< Message edited by Jecchus -- 3/1/2017 12:56:19 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 13
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/1/2017 1:19:15 PM   
AlGrant

Delete your Command.ini file. Restart the game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4232494
** IMPORTANT NOTE #3 **: The default sizes of some windows have been changed. Because of this, you must delete the file "Command.ini" on the CMANO root folder before starting up. Otherwise the modified windows may not show up in their correct sizes.

(in reply to Jecchus)
Post #: 14
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/1/2017 7:08:02 PM   
lamboman43

I know you aren't a dev or mod so you can't do it, but it might be helpful to put that note in the update post. I had the same issue.

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 15
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/2/2017 7:03:32 AM   
Jecchus

quote:

AlGrant

Thank you, AlGrant, but it doesn't help. Complete re-instal does... :)

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 16
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/2/2017 7:59:08 PM   
lamboman43

Can someone help me understand why the Russian krypton ARMs can almost never be fired at SAM sites in this scenario? I would fly my planes into a SAM site that is radiating and launching missiles, but even then it won't let me fire. I'll press shift+F1 and try to manually do it but it won't even show the missiles at all. On any other missile it says it can't find any radiating targets but still lists it, but with the Kryptons in this scenario, they don't even show up. The Kryptons work in every other scenario I tested them in.

Update: I just restarted the scenario and tried again and it is working now. But the same thing happened in Kushan's video here at the 5:14 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a475XAhykxA. He is able to later target with the Kryptons. Is that missile just garbage?

< Message edited by lamboman43 -- 3/2/2017 8:12:41 PM >

(in reply to Jecchus)
Post #: 17
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/2/2017 11:00:23 PM   
B52H

Exactly why are the USAF F-16s at a 2001 standard instead of 2014-2016?

B52H

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 18
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/3/2017 12:20:46 AM   
Gunner98

quote:

The Korea based Sqns are Block 40's: http://www.f-16.net/units_article186.html

Attachment (1)

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 19
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/7/2017 7:26:35 PM   
WBailey

Are Nike Hercules sites really still in service with the ROK?
Also, I read that HAWK batteries have started being replaced by KM-SAM, does anyone have more details on that? Or the deployment of Patriot PAC-3?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 20
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/7/2017 7:52:33 PM   
Gunner98

You certainly have a point on the Nike Hercules, completely missed that one.

From what I gather the KM-SAM started deploying in Aug last year and one possibly two Btys are in existence. I could update that.

The Pac-3 was announced in 2016 but I don't think it is deployed yet. If you have any information on that I can include it in an update to the scenario.

Of course the latest news today is this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39188826

(in reply to WBailey)
Post #: 21
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/7/2017 8:05:34 PM   
Kushan04

quote:

ORIGINAL: lamboman43

Can someone help me understand why the Russian krypton ARMs can almost never be fired at SAM sites in this scenario? I would fly my planes into a SAM site that is radiating and launching missiles, but even then it won't let me fire. I'll press shift+F1 and try to manually do it but it won't even show the missiles at all. On any other missile it says it can't find any radiating targets but still lists it, but with the Kryptons in this scenario, they don't even show up. The Kryptons work in every other scenario I tested them in.

Update: I just restarted the scenario and tried again and it is working now. But the same thing happened in Kushan's video here at the 5:14 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a475XAhykxA. He is able to later target with the Kryptons. Is that missile just garbage?

I originally thought it was because the radars were not radiating hence the missiles had nothing to home in on. But I looked at the save and they appear to be. I'll have to do look into it a little more. Not sure if its a bug or if its something to do with the missile itself.

(in reply to lamboman43)
Post #: 22
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/9/2017 9:02:02 PM   
WBailey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

You certainly have a point on the Nike Hercules, completely missed that one.

From what I gather the KM-SAM started deploying in Aug last year and one possibly two Btys are in existence. I could update that.

The Pac-3 was announced in 2016 but I don't think it is deployed yet. If you have any information on that I can include it in an update to the scenario.

Of course the latest news today is this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39188826

This Reuters article states that the ROK operates Patriot PAC-3:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-defence-analysis-idUSKBN16F0CT

Additionally, US Forces Korea includes the 35th Air Defense Artillery Brigade at Osan Air Base, which was just upgraded to the latest equipment:
https://www.army.mil/article/181717/modernizing_the_patriot_fleet

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 23
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/9/2017 9:19:18 PM   
Cik

scenario's pretty fun. it makes me laugh how similar it is to falcon 4's campaign. little has changed since the 90s, save that nuclear thing.

it surprises me how effective the ROK F-16K B32 are. AIM-9P-4 doesn't seem that great but when enhanced by a very maneuverable shooting platform and a massive swarm of aircraft, it's pretty fearsome. the poor MIGs off koksan are having real problems not dying 2 seconds off the ground to a swarm of diving falcons, vulcans blazing.

not having much luck on the OCA front though; anyone want to give recommendations on how many OCA strikers i should send? 8 falcons with 2 GBU31/GBU24 penetrators apiece has failed to shut down two runways now. note: i'm only targeting taxi/runway/access points. granted i do have piles of penetrators to throw around. should i just send 12 per sortie? i wish there were more feedback on how exactly the bombs are doing when hitting these runway segments. there doesn't seem to be any BDA, save 100% penetration (does that mean destroyed when targeting runways(?)

fun so far though. just watching massive WVR air battles is a good time. and there are lots of those to go around with their WWII-esque 150 MIG-21s they throw up.

(in reply to WBailey)
Post #: 24
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/9/2017 10:32:58 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

This Reuters article states that the ROK operates Patriot PAC-3: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-defence-analysis-idUSKBN16F0CT Additionally, US Forces Korea includes the 35th Air Defense Artillery Brigade at Osan Air Base, which was just upgraded to the latest equipment: https://www.army.mil/article/181717/modernizing_the_patriot_fleet

Interesting, regarding the 35th ADA, it gives very specific dates 25/26 Jan - so I'll change them up for sure.

The Reuters article is not so specific and the PAC-3 comment is almost a throw away line. But

Defense Security Cooperation document from Nov 14: http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/republic-korea-patriot-advanced-capability-pac-3-missiles

This article states: South Korea requested for a $404m possible foreign military sale of 112 Patriot missiles, which were subsequently upgraded to GEM-T configuration in October 2013 but is not firm on SK actually getting that permission. http://www.army-technology.com/projects/patriot/

And this article as well is not firm: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lockheed-martin-southkorea-idUSKBN0MR2RC20150331

So I think on balance of probabilities, with the date of the requests being a couple years ago - and it really could be critical if you cannot find the launching systems. I'll change at least some of them up.

Thanks for that.

(in reply to WBailey)
Post #: 25
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/9/2017 10:38:12 PM   
Gunner98

Cik

Cannot really advise on the OCA strike package, but considering all your other targets, and time constraints, you may want to conserve your penetrators. Your A2A missiles are pretty effective at OCA and most of your assigned target sets are hard to destroy. You have some room to play but not as much as you think.

B

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 26
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/9/2017 10:39:27 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

introduced the KN-06 to the DB

Will fix that on the next release.

B

(in reply to lamboman43)
Post #: 27
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/9/2017 10:45:28 PM   
Tailhook

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cik

scenario's pretty fun. it makes me laugh how similar it is to falcon 4's campaign. little has changed since the 90s, save that nuclear thing.

it surprises me how effective the ROK F-16K B32 are. AIM-9P-4 doesn't seem that great but when enhanced by a very maneuverable shooting platform and a massive swarm of aircraft, it's pretty fearsome. the poor MIGs off koksan are having real problems not dying 2 seconds off the ground to a swarm of diving falcons, vulcans blazing.

not having much luck on the OCA front though; anyone want to give recommendations on how many OCA strikers i should send? 8 falcons with 2 GBU31/GBU24 penetrators apiece has failed to shut down two runways now. note: i'm only targeting taxi/runway/access points. granted i do have piles of penetrators to throw around. should i just send 12 per sortie? i wish there were more feedback on how exactly the bombs are doing when hitting these runway segments. there doesn't seem to be any BDA, save 100% penetration (does that mean destroyed when targeting runways(?)

fun so far though. just watching massive WVR air battles is a good time. and there are lots of those to go around with their WWII-esque 150 MIG-21s they throw up.

I posted my AAR over in the appropriate section, but where I didn't use Tomahawks to shut down the runways I sent 4 F-16s with 2x penetrators per airfield. By targeting the runways and runway grade taxiways this was more than sufficient.

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 28
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/10/2017 1:26:11 AM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kushan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lamboman43

I originally thought it was because the radars were not radiating hence the missiles had nothing to home in on. But I looked at the save and they appear to be. I'll have to do look into it a little more. Not sure if its a bug or if its something to do with the missile itself.

When I was watching your video it seemed like you were clicking on the missile rather than the SAM site, that's why only chaff/flares came up as options.

I wonder if lamboman had the same issue.

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 29
RE: Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! - 3/10/2017 2:29:28 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

quote:

The Korea based Sqns are Block 40's: http://www.f-16.net/units_article186.html

I'm not 100% sure but as I understand it, modernized F-16CJ/CGs are designated F-16CM. Those are in the DB and range up till 2016. Hope this helps!

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command LIVE: Korean Missile Crisis is Released! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI