Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I Love this game but the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> I Love this game but the AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I Love this game but the AI - 3/8/2017 2:43:19 AM   
theonlystd

So I hadn't played in a couple years and recently stumbled onto the fact of the whole TOE system which is so awesome. That was the worst part of the game moving every single rifleman every single turn. So much micro sucked after a while in big games. Then noticed some talk about a slightly improved AI so started a game quite excited.

Big game used the TOE was happy! Smashed an unlucky Ai empire that was broken up between me and an Ai to my south.

Prepared for my first big true offensive against a equal or superior enemy. Launched my attack went ok. I expected one flank to get pushed back just because I'd left it light and they had such forces. Waited for the enemy to sim his turn and sadly noticed I'd slaughtered his attacks by in large. He attacked on that flank just did it poorly

I'm not talking good defensive positions we are talking 50 riflemen,5mortars,3 machine guns entrenched in a plain terrain. Not the most formidable defense ever.

The issue is the AI still refuses to attack from multiple directions. All it's attacks where 1 stack vs 1 stack. Which sadly was true 2 years ago? =(

And honestly as long as that doesn’t change you're basically immune to infantry attacks from the Ai with even small divisions. I know at this point this isn’t likely to change but man it would be great if the AI would attack from multiple positions when possible. It would make it so much more deadly.
Anyhow still a great game especially if you can find someone to play against!

Post #: 1
RE: I Love this game but the AI - 3/8/2017 2:53:05 AM   
GaryChildress

Interesting. I've had the IA attack from multiple directions simultaneously.

(in reply to theonlystd)
Post #: 2
RE: I Love this game but the AI - 3/8/2017 3:18:27 AM   
theonlystd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Interesting. I've had the IA attack from multiple directions simultaneously.

Seriously? I don't think I've ever seen that in my years of playing all the way from Advanced Tactics WWII. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong ? Does it do this alot or is it sporadic for you?

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 3
RE: I Love this game but the AI - 3/8/2017 3:35:30 AM   
GaryChildress

I'm not sure the AI does the best job of picking the right time and place to get the best results but I have had attacks from multiple directions. Most of the attacks are single direction but I've seen a significant number of cases where the AI attacked from multiple directions.

(in reply to theonlystd)
Post #: 4
RE: I Love this game but the AI - 3/8/2017 10:51:17 AM   
theonlystd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I'm not sure the AI does the best job of picking the right time and place to get the best results but I have had attacks from multiple directions. Most of the attacks are single direction but I've seen a significant number of cases where the AI attacked from multiple directions.

Ahh well that's possile then.Was worried for abit!

Honestly single stack attacks should be the exception not the rule. They will so rarely work against a player.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> I Love this game but the AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI