Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT Things to ponder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:30:35 AM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I've got one of these things being sold as "tactical" flashlights. It's actually pretty cool. It has gear to take three AAs but I use those lithium 18625 batteries and have chargers for various sizes besides so I don't have to get out the cigar box with all the Duracells and Everreadys or make a trip to the drugstore to get more. My question is this, what makes a flashlight "tactical"? Is it because you can put a dent in somebody's skull with it?

That's why police will hold their flashlight in reverse, thumb in the back, so it can be swung over hand like a club.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 2611
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:34:09 AM   
MakeeLearn

I would like to see it...alot

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2612
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:36:23 AM   
MakeeLearn

Although I would hope to not have to wear protection....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2613
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:44:43 AM   
wdolson

quote:

I've got one of these things being sold as "tactical" flashlights. It's actually pretty cool. It has gear to take three AAs but I use those lithium 18625 batteries and have chargers for various sizes besides so I don't have to get out the cigar box with all the Duracells and Everreadys or make a trip to the drugstore to get more. My question is this, what makes a flashlight "tactical"? Is it because you can put a dent in somebody's skull with it?

The size is 18650. I own over 7100 of them I think the term "tactical" for flashlights is like Corinthian leather.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Post #: 2614
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 2:41:42 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

quote:

The size is 18650. I own over 7100 of them I think the term "tactical" for flashlights is like Corinthian leather.

Bill

That's "fine" Corinthian leather to you, my friend.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 2615
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 7:21:26 AM   
Zorch

I didn't see any Corinthian Leather, either fine or rich, in Wrath of Khan.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2616
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 11:02:25 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

quote:

Bill

Bill needs that many for his starship. In time trials he reached warp factor 5.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 2617
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 11:48:42 AM   
geofflambert

I just had a vision.
When I was young I was very outdoorsy. Spent a lot of time hiking, backpacking and camping. I had better looking legs than most of the other kids as a result. However it wasn’t until I was around 30 that I ever went skiing. Went to Vail for a week and learned to ski. That was the best week in my entire life.
So here’s the vision. A ski resort for people like me. The courses would have some beautiful vistas, maybe in the Ozarks, but be about half cross-country and half downhill. No lodges. You bring sleeping bags and a tent. It would be like a bowling alley, you could rent (for next to nothing) some old beat-up skis and ski boots. I would have scoured the world for old beat up VW vans still serviceable. No T-bars. You wait for the next van and go put-put-put up the hill. No lodge, no bar. Pack some weed. The ski instructor would be Betty White. No place for adrenaline junkies. Maybe Helen Mirren could fill in for Betty now and then. Gorp. Gorn Gorp.

Post #: 2618
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 11:56:25 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bill

I'm picturing Bill looks like Darren McGavin and he has about a thousand battery chargers christmas treed to one outlet and sparks are always flying.

Post #: 2619
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:18:51 PM   
MakeeLearn

why use a VW van...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2620
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:19:11 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bill

I'm picturing Bill looks like Darren McGavin and he has about a thousand battery chargers christmas treed to one outlet and sparks are always flying.

You know you're replying to yourself.

Post #: 2621
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 1:19:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I didn't see any Corinthian Leather, either fine or rich, in Wrath of Khan.

Maybe the one on the right?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2622
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 2:43:09 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bill

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2623
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 2:43:52 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bill

I have long conversations with myself. You're just a figment of my imagination.

Post #: 2624
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 2:49:32 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

I have long conversations with myself.

This actually explains quite a lot

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Post #: 2625
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 3:02:46 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Looks like Bill isn't the only one out there in deep space!

Post #: 2626
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 6:58:10 PM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

I have long conversations with myself. You're just a figment of my imagination.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 3/9/2017 7:00:01 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2627
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 7:27:59 PM   
MakeeLearn

Mount the Guard....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2628
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 7:31:45 PM   
btd64

I wonder if the Girls are at attention....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2629
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/9/2017 7:43:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Mount the Guard....

warspite1

This is good to see purely in the name of equality and diversity. It used to be that to be a Guardsman for one of the 5 elite regiments (2 English - Coldstream and Grenadier, Scottish, Irish or Welsh) one had to be male and at least 1.86m tall. I understand Prince Philip was keen to add a 6th Regiment and to open up the field to ladies. Now instead of a minimum height, one must have suitably long legs and big charlies. A sensible policy for a happier Britain one feels

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2630
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/10/2017 12:47:19 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Mount the Guard....

warspite1

This is good to see purely in the name of equality and diversity. It used to be that to be a Guardsman for one of the 5 elite regiments (2 English - Coldstream and Grenadier, Scottish, Irish or Welsh) one had to be male and at least 1.86m tall. I understand Prince Philip was keen to add a 6th Regiment and to open up the field to ladies. Now instead of a minimum height, one must have suitably long legs and big charlies. A sensible policy for a happier Britain one feels

Jolly good fellow, Prince Philip.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2631
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/10/2017 1:41:30 AM   
Chickenboy

It was KING Philip that came over for green stamps, wasn't it?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2632
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/10/2017 6:15:35 AM   
wdolson

quote:

They are in something kind of like a starship, and I can charge all of them in about an hour, for free.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Post #: 2633
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 1:37:11 AM   
scout1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mount the Guard....

warspite1

It's no wonder the British Empire nearly conquered the world ......

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2634
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 3:03:17 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mount the Guard....

warspite1

It's no wonder the British Empire nearly conquered the world ......
warspite1

Mmmmmm Looks like we have a commie subversive in the ranks. Note that all troopers are sporting HM Queen Elizabeth's GBP Sterling symbol placed neatly on the upper thigh? Well no.3 is not. If it was up to me I would ensure that she is taken out of line and given a suitable course in correction. Or better still she can discipline me instead....

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2635
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 3:05:32 PM   
MakeeLearn

Attachment (1)

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2636
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 3:30:48 PM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

Mmmmmm Looks like we have a commie subversive in the ranks. Note that all troopers are sporting HM Queen Elizabeth's GBP Sterling symbol placed neatly on the upper thigh? Well no.3 is not. If it was up to me I would ensure that she is taken out of line and given a suitable course in correction. Or better still she can discipline me instead....

Keeping with military tradition the entire unit should do the disciplining.

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2637
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 7:26:01 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

No. 3 also looks to be a little short in the height dept.

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2638
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 7:34:00 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Not so. In order to make the 6th Regiment (Phil the Greek's Own) Foot Guards more inclusive, the height minimum has been done away with. Charlies and legs are the key criteria .

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2639
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/11/2017 8:38:43 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Not so. In order to make the 6th Regiment (Phil the Greek's Own) Foot Guards more inclusive, the height minimum has been done away with. Charlies and legs are the key criteria .

This calls for a closer inspection.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2640
Page:   <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI