Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Spring Sale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Spring Sale Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Spring Sale - 3/8/2017 3:44:31 PM   
surfcandy

Any idea when Matrix will have their Spring/Easter Sale this year? I know it seems to usually be around Easter and Easter is late this year so other sites have already announced their spring sales.
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/9/2017 12:56:39 AM   
demyansk

Any clues?

(in reply to surfcandy)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/9/2017 5:35:12 PM   
wings7

See post #1371!
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4000941&mpage=46

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/10/2017 12:38:18 AM   
surfcandy

Yes I saw the Steam Sale earlier today. Unfortunately the Matrix games I was looking for are not there.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/10/2017 3:55:47 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

See post #1371!

Why doesn't Matrix and Slitherine have the same sale at their online stores? Or, failing that, will it be possible to register the games purchased from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix?

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/10/2017 5:29:36 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

See post #1371!

Why doesn't Matrix and Slitherine have the same sale at their online stores? Or, failing that, will it be possible to register the games purchased from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix?

We will have the 'powers that be' answer for you...

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/10/2017 6:16:17 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

quote:

See post #1371!

Or, failing that, will it be possible to register the games purchased from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix?

I'm afraid so.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/10/2017 6:21:13 PM   
CapnDarwin

Greybriar, you can use a Matrix code on Steam of course. UPDATE: See the post below on third party keys. That is new. Learn something every day.

< Message edited by Capn Darwin -- 3/11/2017 1:29:02 PM >

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/10/2017 11:25:33 PM   
kingstuart444

Dang nice sale but..

i am steam-less
i am without steam

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 5:58:33 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

quote:

See post #1371!

Or, failing that, will it be possible to register the games purchased from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix?

I'm afraid so.

Do you mean it will be possible to register the games we purchase from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix? If so, how do we go about registering the games we purchased from Steam on Matrix/Slitherine?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 6:04:04 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Greybriar, you can use a Matrix code on Steam of course, but there is currently no way to take a Steam game back to Matrix/Slitherine.

This code business has gotten a little ridiculous. There ought to be ONE code per game (or NONE at all) that all entities (Steam, Paradox, Matrix, Slitherine, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, etc., etc., ad nauseum) use. That would certainly simplify things.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 9:39:36 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Greybriar, you can use a Matrix code on Steam of course, but there is currently no way to take a Steam game back to Matrix/Slitherine.

This code business has gotten a little ridiculous. There ought to be ONE code per game (or NONE at all) that all entities (Steam, Paradox, Matrix, Slitherine, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, etc., etc., ad nauseum) use. That would certainly simplify things.

It would simplify things for hackers, too.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 10:11:37 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

Do you mean it will be possible to register the games we purchase from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix?

Some of the new releases have "Third Party Serials" key.
However the older games release on Steam do not have this and we cannot add this to the game once it has been released on Steam.
These 3rd party keys can be used for registering the game on the Matrix account, but can't be used for installing a stand alone version.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 10:29:26 AM   
Red2112

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

quote:

See post #1371!

I'm afraid so.

Do you mean it will be possible to register the games we purchase from Steam at Slitherine or Matrix? If so, how do we go about registering the games we purchased from Steam on Matrix/Slitherine?

Yes you can, just enter your Steam CD-Key in the game registration box in the Matrix members area, but that will only register the game, no dowload from Matrix will be available as VPaulus states.

I bought Conflict of Heroes yesterday and did register here on Matrix, but that´s about it. I don´t see what benefit that gives one besides maybe support from Matrix.

The good part is that games on Steam auto-update and most game setup´s are compatible with current PC specs so no additional patching and/or tweaking to get them to work. In most cases that is

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 12:57:54 PM   
Greybriar

Thanks for your replies, VPaulus and Red.

I noticed when I registered the games I purchased using my anniversary coupon last month that the Steam keys for the games that had them were available from the Slitherine but not the Matrix site. So you might check out Slitherine's site to get Steam keys, Red.

As much as I dislike Steam, I have to agree with Red when he wrote: "The good part is that games on Steam auto-update and most game setup´s are compatible with current PC specs so no additional patching and/or tweaking to get them to work. In most cases that is."

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 1:54:19 PM   
budd

Don't think I'm hijacking too much since the steam key discussion popped up. What about Sovereignty? It's EA process was steam only and it was mentioned that once it was a full release a Matrix/ Slitherine version would be available to those that bought into Steam EA. Haven't anything about this since release.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 2:02:32 PM   
VPaulus

For Sovereignty, if you purchase from tour store you can register the key in your account and can download a standalone version. You can also ruse the key to activate on Steam.
If you purchase on Steam, there won't be any 3rd party serial number so you won't be able to register in your Slitherine/Matrix account

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/11/2017 2:57:01 PM   
Red2112

quote:

Thanks for your replies, VPaulus and Red.

I noticed when I registered the games I purchased using my anniversary coupon last month that the Steam keys for the games that had them were available from the Slitherine but not the Matrix site. So you might check out Slitherine's site to get Steam keys, Red.

As much as I dislike Steam, I have to agree with Red when he wrote: "The good part is that games on Steam auto-update and most game setup´s are compatible with current PC specs so no additional patching and/or tweaking to get them to work. In most cases that is."

Correct, in my case, my recent Steam purchase "Conflict of Heroes" can be downloaded from the Slitherine members site. Thank you Greybriar, good to know the difference between sites!

--

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/13/2017 4:04:30 PM   
surfcandy

I am not interested in Steam right now since I have many of the ones on sale. What about a Matrix Sale for Spring/Easter?

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/14/2017 1:22:47 AM   
demyansk

I like Steam for purchases and keeping up with the news on different games. I also buy games direct from Matrix and Slitherine. I really don't play any games from the mid 2000's. Perhaps, the oldest game I play now is Panzer Corps. I just bought LocknLoad Stalingrad. Hopefully, I like it.

(in reply to surfcandy)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/19/2017 4:46:57 PM   
wolfe69

Well I missed the sale on World in Flame back in December (someone told me) and would like to see this on Spring sale or otherwise I would have to wait til December this year.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 21
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/20/2017 12:04:37 AM   
demyansk

Wolf, maybe you will get a coupon on your anniversary of joining? I wish I had a coupon for you

(in reply to wolfe69)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/20/2017 1:34:40 PM   
wolfe69

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Wolf, maybe you will get a coupon on your anniversary of joining? I wish I had a coupon for you

Yeah that would be nice, but nothing in the email box. No biggie, been playing WitP:AE right now vs. AI and see how well I go as Japan on grand campaign, this should keep me busy this year.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 23
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/20/2017 10:08:51 PM   
ncc1701e

If Spring sale is coming, I am thinking of buying Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations.

(in reply to wolfe69)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/21/2017 10:00:56 AM   
demyansk

That's what I am doing of late. Just playing some games on my HD that I rarely play.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/21/2017 1:59:09 PM   
IslandInland

I bought a lot of games from Matrix during the Christmas sale and have only really played Carriers At War. I'm not really looking to pick anything up in the Spring/Easter sale.

I keep eyeing Fortress Europa but I have WITW and that covers that theatre but I do like the look of it.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 26
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/21/2017 4:44:23 PM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys - obviously if there is a sale it would not be announced in advance so we wont have anything to say on that.

On 3rd party keys - sadly Steam have deprecated that system. We are no longer allowed to offer 3rd party keys when you buy on Steam so there are some recent releases that allow this but we're not allowed to do it going forwards.

Currently the only way to get the game on both sites is to buy from us them register your key on Steam. If in doubt, buy from us! :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 27
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/21/2017 5:48:03 PM   
Qwixt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Currently the only way to get the game on both sites is to buy from us them register your key on Steam. If in doubt, buy from us! :)

I normally do that, but it seems like the past couple of sales have been steam only though

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 28
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/21/2017 7:38:13 PM   
ncc1701e

I continue to buy on Matrix store and I am happy not to have Steam installed. I hope this will continue even if Steam seems more and more to become the standard.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 29
RE: Matrix Spring Sale - 3/23/2017 12:48:03 PM   
IainMcNeil

Sales are all site specific. We have sales that steam don't have and vice versa. There are so many outlets now that trying to match sales across them all is logistically impossible. We are not going to stop selling games direct - its an important part of what makes us different and allows us to sell boxed games (something which makes us unique!).

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Spring Sale Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI