Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs - 3/25/2017 5:15:48 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi All

I've been trying to research what Penetrator class guided bombs and missiles China might be using but haven't found anything conclusive. I've seen many pictures of the Optical KAB-1500 but not the LGB. Anybody know of any other aircraft launched bombs or missiles they might be using? You'd think they've have these as the ROC military are dug in like ticks.

Lots of their ballistic missiles seem to have these warheads and we seemed to have captured that well in the DB

Post #: 1
RE: Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs - 3/27/2017 3:04:10 PM   
Rocksoldier

I would like to help, but im not sure how much i can find that you didn't alredy know. I did some research on KAB-1500 family and found out this:

The upper one is blast fragmentation, the one on bottom is penetrating warhead. It's a drawing but i think it shows that externeally the two bombs are identical. I have no idea how we can understand from a photo if there is one warhead or the other. Also i have no idea if those are actually operated by China.

Then i found this that i think is from the producer of those bombs: http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/518/538/

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs - 3/27/2017 4:19:53 PM   
mikmykWS

Yeah they're russian

The Chinese bought a bunch of the optically guided kind but haven't seen any laser guided Kab-1500 Penetrators on an aircraft. Wondering if they might have something similar.

Mike

(in reply to Rocksoldier)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs - 3/27/2017 8:23:53 PM   
ExNusquam

Some quick searching on Jane's indicates that the Chinese do have KAB-1500Ls. There's no real info on PLA penetration warheads...it's noted that their guidance kits are theoretically compatible, but every weapon I checked is explicitly noted as having an HE warhead.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs - 3/27/2017 9:48:49 PM   
Hongjian

As of now, there doesnt seem to be any indigenous chinese bunker busters in PLAAF service. Well, the concept of using the airforce to conduct strikes is rather new for China, so...

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 5
RE: Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs - 3/28/2017 1:16:01 AM   
Dysta

It caught me quite of surprise actually. There are quite a fleet of Chinese guided air bombs, but very little info is about the penetrator variant.

The only closest bomb I find is called GB-1000, or "Sky Spear", the 1000KG laser guided bomb that have a similar design of GBU-28, but it's slightly lighter than KAB-1500.

http://wap.eastday.com/node2/node3/n403/u1ai579737_t62.html
http://www.readhouse.net/articles/40260912/

There are many others models including SDB and drone versions of GP, but I haven't find any picture yet.

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Chinese Penetrating-Bunker Buster Bombs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI