Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit size/order of battle inconsistency

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Unit size/order of battle inconsistency Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit size/order of battle inconsistency - 3/29/2017 1:16:26 AM   
dhhd

I'm playing the Good Hunting scenario as the British, about 1/3 of the way in. I've noticed that, contrary to the manual (which states that the size of the unit determines the number of active teams), there's often no rhyme or reason to it. Some battalion-size units deploy more troops than others, and I've seen at least one German company-size KG with a full order of battle.

What's up with this?
Post #: 1
RE: Unit size/order of battle inconsistency - 3/29/2017 2:23:38 PM   
mickxe5

Some German Btn BGs are understrength. Battlegroups can be merged (18.9.5) to increase the number of active team slots available to them. Battlegroups can lose available team slots through attrition. You can view a BGs order of battle in the Editor by selecting it then clicking the Battlegroup Info button. Or by opening the /Data/Base/FPools.txt file.

(in reply to dhhd)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit size/order of battle inconsistency - 3/30/2017 2:15:38 AM   
dhhd

What explains the company-size units with 2 full platoons and a full 7 support units, though?

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit size/order of battle inconsistency - 3/30/2017 9:59:10 AM   
mickxe5

Although the icon for HQ SS-Pz.Pio.Btl.12 indicates it is 'company-sized' it is actually an ad hoc battalion. [1.Kompanie (Ersatz); 2.Kompanie (Ersatz); 3.Kompanie; (Ersatz); SS-Pz.Pio.BattalionsStab; Ersatz Flak Batterie (SS)].

In the screenshot below I have merged HQ SS-Pz.Pio.Btl.12 with two btn-sized BGs to achieve the maximum # of active team slots.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dhhd)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit size/order of battle inconsistency - 3/30/2017 12:06:59 PM   
mickxe5

And as it turns out, the KG Groetschel/ 12.SS-Panzer icon is shown as a company-sized BG but that battlegroup is actually regimental-sized with all 21 team slots available by default. So the case can be made that some icon unit sizes are wrong.

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Unit size/order of battle inconsistency Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI