Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/24/2017 5:40:53 PM   
STEF78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Balou

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck
This game is more shamefull for the winner than for its unfortunate opponent who looks very sportmanship and friendly.

+1.

+1

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 151
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/24/2017 6:10:33 PM   
RedLancer

Please don't turn this thread into a witch hunt no matter how one sided the game is.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 152
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 12:25:25 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

This game is completely unbalanced and Model is either a veteran player or a very very smart beginner who has read a lot of AARs.

Placing the HQs in this way borders on gameyness but on the other hand it makes no sense that soviet units flee west so its +-0 for me.

The AAR really interesting because it shows what is possible with the Soviets and I hope it will continues (I am interested in the current OOB by the way) for my entertainment :-)

Imo the problem is: Some players are looking for a relaxed or historical plausible game, others like the intellectual challenge of squeezing everything out of the ressources.
The first fraction calls the latter "exploiters" and "unfair". The second fraction, on the other hand, complains about players who have "no clue how things are working".

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 153
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 9:30:43 AM   
GeneralfeldmarschallWalterModel

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

This game is completely unbalanced and Model is either a veteran player or a very very smart beginner who has read a lot of AARs.

Placing the HQs in this way borders on gameyness but on the other hand it makes no sense that soviet units flee west so its +-0 for me.

The AAR really interesting because it shows what is possible with the Soviets and I hope it will continues (I am interested in the current OOB by the way) for my entertainment :-)

Imo the problem is: Some players are looking for a relaxed or historical plausible game, others like the intellectual challenge of squeezing everything out of the ressources.
The first fraction calls the latter "exploiters" and "unfair". The second fraction, on the other hand, complains about players who have "no clue how things are working".

Here is OOB after Blizzard.

I am a beginner at this game for sure.

My armies are mess and I have done very little with the Russian AF. I have allot to learn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 154
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 9:32:41 AM   

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

Actually I wonder what the game would have looked like without that +1 Soviet attack. In my other games as the soviets, Im having enormous trouble breaking through even weak regiments, and in our game, Model just sliced through divisions.

The +1 only lasts for a limited time.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 155
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 9:35:05 AM   

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

Turn 56 OOB

Attachment (1)

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 156
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 9:39:59 AM   

Turn 60 OOB

I am tring to attack enough to keep German army from growing.

About 20-25 per turn. I have tried some breakouts, but Panzerjaeger Hoortlund has skillfully blocked each one.

The German Army is still strong where needed so I will try and keep it from growing until winter and then once rivers are frozen I hope to attack all along the front.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 157
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 10:16:23 AM   

North

Attachment (1)
Post #: 158
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 10:16:50 AM   

South

Attachment (1)
Post #: 159
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 10:17:19 AM   

KIA

Attachment (1)
Post #: 160
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 10:19:52 AM   

It only takes 9 wins and 7 loses plus some front line bombing to hold the German OOB.
I have a limited number of hexes I can attack as allot of the front is along rivers and I only have a few dozen infantry corp
to attack with.

Currently Russia has 450,000 men in manpower pool and 1.2 armament points.

The Red Steam Roller will not begin fully until January 1943.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GeneralfeldmarschallWalterModel -- 3/25/2017 10:20:28 AM >
Post #: 161
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 12:25:19 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Thanks for the Screenshots Model, quite interesting your army keeps growing despite the pockets Hortlund created due to the many manpower centres you hold (+ the Germans never rolled over to wreck them).
Post #: 162
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 2:18:07 PM   
Balou

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralfeldmarschallWalterModel

I am a beginner at this game for sure.... I have allot to learn.

, this is a good one.

“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Post #: 163
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 4:02:31 PM   
darbycmcd

I am curious if this a server game or an email game?

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 164
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/25/2017 5:23:43 PM   
Hortlund

server

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to darbycmcd)
Post #: 165
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 10:35:31 AM   
Dweomer

quote:

The results of a search on the word "allot" are strangely suggestive.
Did you know there is only one other person on this forum who consistently makes the same spelling mistake?

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 166
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 11:33:17 AM   
Stelteck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dweomer
Did you know there is only one other person on this forum who consistently makes the same spelling mistake?

I did the test

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 3/28/2017 11:38:42 AM >

(in reply to Dweomer)
Post #: 167
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 12:46:52 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dweomer

quote:

It is really interesting. I still stand by what I said.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 3/28/2017 12:47:15 PM >

(in reply to Dweomer)
Post #: 168
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 12:50:02 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

#2 page

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 169
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 2:30:06 PM   
M60A3TTS

Regardless of the truth, afaik Pelton did not have a wealth of PvP experience playing the Soviets. PanzerjagerH described himself in the opponents wanted section as follows:

"I'm a pretty exeprienced player, with several thousand hours of gameplay in WitP and WitE"

Whether he's Pelton or not, the OP has played very well as the Soviets in spite of the gamey HQ moves.

Post #: 170
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 3:27:06 PM   
jwolf

The forensic evidence is ... interesting ... but I will leave that to people "above my pay grade." As for the game itself, my casual prediction is a deadlock through the winter, with some modest gains by the Soviets but the German lines basically holding. By the summer of 43, however, it's likely to get ugly, with a ruinous Soviet offensive essentially one year early.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 171
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 4:07:22 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

Regardless of the truth

M60

The "TRUTH" is at the very heart of this issue!!! To condone lying to have access to the forums (irregardless of whatever proxy you are using) should be banned just like Pelton's original account. Pelton gave up that right by not adhering to said rules. He should not have that right in any form of Proxy either by lying on false pretense to get access to post here. To that point where does the lying stop? What hacks, cheats, or other methods are used to get the game done in Pelton's favor? I can only surmise what is being done in the background to win a game if lying is just the first wall that needs to be traversed. So "truth" is at the "VERY" heart here where we need our rules adhered to. He should not have access under any account or proxy, period.

The jury is still out on Mr Model here but in my eyes the evidence is beginning to be pretty compelling that it could be.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 172
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 4:54:30 PM   
Hortlund

Was Pelton banned?

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.

Post #: 173
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 4:58:47 PM   
M60A3TTS

Yes he was banned from the forums.

@HLYA: My friend, you're still trying the case even though 'the judge' (Red Lancer) has already ruled.

If you don't like it, take it up with Red directly, or Joel, not in the court of public opinion.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 174
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 5:24:57 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

Yes he was banned from the forums.

@HLYA: My friend, you're still trying the case even though 'the judge' (Red Lancer) has already ruled.

If you don't like it, take it up with Red directly, or Joel, not in the court of public opinion.

Yes, Red Lancer ruled awhile back and I have stayed quit for the last couple of months. In the meantime new evidence has been shown that is pretty incriminating. As for keeping it out of public opinion I will post Red Lancers Comment from another post here which welcomes the community to comment on such an individual.

Pretty simple that Mr Model is "highly" likely to be Pelton. In my conclusions it is 100% him. If you all as a community tolerate that then so be it but be it known the shenanigans that is being played here with all involved by this individual. With that I say my ado to this ordeal and anyone that plays this individual in the future beware.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 175
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 7:12:15 PM   
RedLancer

I am not the Judge in any respect but I am the Policeman. These are the Matrix forums, they write the rules and are the arbiters on any censure.

Here is my position on this subject....

First and foremost the approach is innocent until proven guilty.

Pelton was banned for breaking forum rules after numerous warnings and despite being suspended on a number of occasions. He was not banned for being a good player or challenging the Devs for exposing bugs and exploits. For the record I have utter respect for his gameplay although it is not a style I would choose. I did however take huge offence at being called a lazy idiot (and much worse in e-mails) along with some of my fellow Devs. Ultimately his offensive nature led to a permanent ban.

Whilst I accept that people may be suspicious that Model is Pelton there is currently no definitive proof. Being a good player is not a banning offence. In my dealings with Model via PM his response in certain dealings was different enough to Pelton for me to be happy to do nothing at that time.

I have asked that people don't derail this AAR into a witch hunt. It is not fair on the Players. I hear what you are saying but please don't make me have to ask a third time. The matter is in hand. If you feel differently PM me but put away the torches in this thread.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Post #: 176
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/28/2017 8:05:40 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

A reasonable statement, thank you.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 177
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/29/2017 3:46:02 AM   
Hermann

Pelton is still out there I can guarantee he isn't Hortlund - Pelton has mastered the axis he wont go Russian and I know his style after 7 or 8 games vs him. Hortlund is a great player - resourceful, tenacious and a true gentleman. Pelton is a master - cold and ruthless but very respectful and great to interact with. You play pelton you know what youre going to get. 2 panzergroups on a blitz to Leningrad then a drive on Moscow from Leningrad and velikye luki. in the south the same but the target is Rostov full throttle no mercy he makes no effort n the center - displsce or die. he concentrates the entire panxer force at or near voroneszh for 42 he pockets 2 divisions at a time for 2 or 3 pockets then works the front southward 20 divisions at a time till resistance ends. then he offers to let his vctim surrender. his technique is the same creates a path 3 hexes wide and pushes his tanks thru 3 hexes wide the size of his pockets depends on units available for the 3 hex corridor. he is beatable but its not easy. for one when playing these win at all costs numbers guys tear up the Geneva accords and bomb the crud out of his hqs stacked or not its a matter of survival especially tank hqs and rely on your airforce to slow him bomb his airfields at all costs.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 178
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/29/2017 4:00:36 AM   
Hermann

hortlund it looks like you played with no soviet winter reduction that has a huge impact and the soviet bonus can you post game settings ? what was the level of partisan activity ? im not sure you understand supply fully in our game you attacked relentlessly in the north as the Russians despite the fact that most of my army from tula south was out of or low on supply and the front held by regiments . the key to thisw game is to attack where the enemy is not at his weakest point and with a clear objective. your units got crushed by supply.

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 179
RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 - 3/29/2017 5:35:23 AM   
Hortlund

The only reason I attacked in the north was to save Leningrad. If you recall, I still held the city and the corridor to the Ladoga on the finnish side was just one hex wide. I thought that was more important than going straight into your panzer groups around Tula. Unfortunately and for reasons I dont know, my fort units holding the finnish front at Leningrad suddenly started to disband which made it impossible to hold the city

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 13 attacks 13 wins turn 11 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI