Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/25/2017 10:14:21 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: cataphract88

That's a long list of breakages, Kirk, Get well soon!

I have been skiing for years,and I had so far only suffered minor bumbs and bruises,well that was until this major fall,it will be months before I can even consider skiing again,which in away will be a good thing for the mod.

Make it so!

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 271
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/25/2017 10:43:54 AM   
BillRunacre

Sorry to hear that Kirk and I hope you're recovering well.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 272
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/25/2017 11:11:42 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Sorry to hear that Kirk and I hope you're recovering well.

Thanks Bill

Make it so!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 273
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/25/2017 1:59:15 PM   
SIPRES

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Guys So sorry I have been absent for a while,because I had a bad fall while out Skiing! I have been in hospital for a Month,with 2 broken legs,a broken arm,3 broken ribs and a fractured skull! So I have not been in any fit state to work on the mod, but hopefully that will change in the near future,after I recover more from my injuries.

Hello Kirk,

Glad to hear you're back again.
Sounds like a severe fall

Have a good recover

Christophe

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 274
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/25/2017 3:34:12 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

quote:

Guys So sorry I have been absent for a while,because I had a bad fall while out Skiing! I have been in hospital for a Month,with 2 broken legs,a broken arm,3 broken ribs and a fractured skull! So I have not been in any fit state to work on the mod, but hopefully that will change in the near future,after I recover more from my injuries.

Hello Kirk,

Glad to hear you're back again.
Sounds like a severe fall

Have a good recover

Christophe

Rise & Fall MOD TEAM

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to SIPRES)
Post #: 275
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/26/2017 7:55:01 AM   
sad ham

After all maybe it is better that the team members give their phone numbers to each other.

< Message edited by sad ham -- 2/26/2017 7:56:31 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 276
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/26/2017 3:30:04 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

Blimey! Hope that the recovery is going well. I'm going skiing in the French Alps in a few weeks myself, hope I manage to survive it unscathed! I will definitely be wearing a helmet, especially as I've only have been skiing 3 times before...

On a more positive note, glad it sounds like development of this fantastic-looking mod will be continuing!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 277
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/26/2017 6:21:35 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: oxford_guy

quote:

Blimey! Hope that the recovery is going well. I'm going skiing in the French Alps in a few weeks myself, hope I manage to survive it unscathed! I will definitely be wearing a helmet, especially as I've only have been skiing 3 times before...

On a more positive note, glad it sounds like development of this fantastic-looking mod will be continuing!

Not only will the mod be continuing,it will be completed.. It's still in early stage of development,but even this early I'm extremely happy with the progress,this massive endeavour will not happen overnight,we are talking Months here.

As for my injuries I go into hospital again tomorrow for more Xrays,so fingers crossed all will be ok.

Make it so!

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 278
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/26/2017 6:23:22 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Great, happy to help with any testing needed down the line.

Good luck with the X-Rays etc.!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 279
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/26/2017 7:08:24 PM   
HimAgain

Holy Smokes! Sorry to hear about this Kirk23.
That must been a one nasty fall!

Get better soon.

Angus

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 280
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 2/26/2017 7:25:12 PM   
solops

My wife broke her leg skiing on the first day out last year. I played nurse the rest of the trip while my son skied.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to HimAgain)
Post #: 281
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 3/15/2017 3:26:58 AM   
davidshq

Welcome back Kirk! Glad to hear you are recuperating!

I'd love to be involved in play testing if you are looking for anyone.

Also, small suggestion, you have mentioned a couple of times limitations you have run into due to some parts of SC3 being hard coded and not accessible via script. If you haven't already, I'd suggest posting a feature request in this forum for each limitation. Maybe Hubert would undertake to move some of this logic into areas where it would be accessible.

Dave

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 282
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 3/17/2017 12:09:33 AM   
davidshq

Hi Kirk!

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to let you know that I did suggest that the engine be enhanced to remove remaining areas where stuff is hard-coded preventing full customization. Hubert responded and asked for specifics, a few folks have already replied - but since you were the one I saw who had mentioned running into some difficulties, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the thread and could add (if you want) the challenges you have experienced. I think your significant experience with modding makes you an important voice:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4253642

(in reply to davidshq)
Post #: 283
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 3/17/2017 12:07:52 PM   
TheBattlefield

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidshq

Hi Kirk!

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to let you know that I did suggest that the engine be enhanced to remove remaining areas where stuff is hard-coded preventing full customization. Hubert responded and asked for specifics, a few folks have already replied - but since you were the one I saw who had mentioned running into some difficulties, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the thread and could add (if you want) the challenges you have experienced. I think your significant experience with modding makes you an important voice:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4253642

Done!

(in reply to davidshq)
Post #: 284
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 3/21/2017 8:29:44 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: oxford_guy

quote:

I thankfully report that I survived a week of skiing in Les Menuires last week without any injuries (apart from some mild sunburn!)

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 285
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 3/30/2017 2:09:57 AM   
woverby1963

im new here, how would one come by this Napoleonic Scenario, i dont see anything relating to downloading it.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 286
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 3/30/2017 6:59:36 AM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: woverby1963

im new here, how would one come by this Napoleonic Scenario, i dont see anything relating to downloading it.

Don't think it's ready to be downloaded yet

(in reply to woverby1963)
Post #: 287
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 4/7/2017 9:03:36 AM   
Keenan

Overall: intriguing idea!

Kirk23: Get well soon. And even more so: in full!

Kirk23 and overall modding team: Any chance to release an (technical) alpha version anytime soon? Not playable but something which could be the base for some other modder(s) to create a battle scenario (rather than a full campaign). In best case scenario this could help to balance/fine tune the unit design and some results could be merged back into a campaign later.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 288
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 4/7/2017 3:12:48 PM   
Lecivius

I am very glad to see Kirk back, alive, and working on getting well. To your health, sir!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to Keenan)
Post #: 289
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 4/9/2017 6:18:26 PM   
TheBattlefield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keenan

Overall: intriguing idea!

Kirk23: Get well soon. And even more so: in full!

Kirk23 and overall modding team: Any chance to release an (technical) alpha version anytime soon? Not playable but something which could be the base for some other modder(s) to create a battle scenario (rather than a full campaign). In best case scenario this could help to balance/fine tune the unit design and some results could be merged back into a campaign later.

Hi Keenan

it is much easier to create an individual battle scenario from a finished campaign than vice versa. Only with a few unit icons, a rudimentary research corset and unit list no other modder can start anything. Like Kirk, he would be at the most difficult point of a modification ... at the very beginning!

While Kirk is slowly regenerating, SIPRES and I have started working on a "prequel" to Rise & Fall. Here we want to achieve exactly that: balance/fine tune the unit design and some results could be merged back into the Rise&Fall campaign...

Spoiler...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Keenan)
Post #: 290
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 4/28/2017 3:08:31 AM   
davidshq

Wondering how these projects are progressing? Any news? :)

(in reply to TheBattlefield)
Post #: 291
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 4/28/2017 5:56:38 PM   
TangSooDo

Dying for something playable on this Nap mod. It looks fabulous so far.

(in reply to davidshq)
Post #: 292
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 5/2/2017 12:07:42 PM   
TheBattlefield

Regarding the Rise&Fall campaign, Kirk has not said anything about the future. I suspect that the work here will be postponed until his complete recovery.

Regarding the predecessor project I was slowed down by "real life" for the last 2-3 weeks, so there were a few delays. Sipres and I bite ourselves straight through the map development. Real hard work but urgently needed for the campaign. Status is around 65%, I think. The graphic is slowly approaching 100%. OOB, research and unit balancing are prepared. However, we are still at zero with regard to the scripts. This will be a real challenge and we would be grateful for a little experienced support in this area. Sipres is currently preparing a separate thread for our "1776 Battleground America" campaign. More details will follow.

(in reply to TangSooDo)
Post #: 293
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 5/2/2017 3:11:13 PM   
kirk23

Hi folks, Rise&Fall campaign will be getting a lot of work done on it, after I'm finished enhancing my EUROPE IN TURMOIL MOD!

Hi TheBattlefield, I'm learning new stuff while modding the AI for my Europe In Turmoil mod, so I should be able to help later doing something for 1776 mod!

Make it so!

(in reply to TheBattlefield)
Post #: 294
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 6/18/2017 9:00:34 AM   
sad ham

Any new about of this mod?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 295
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 9/21/2017 2:12:58 AM   
jtbb64

Has this been scrapped? Nothing on here for a few months.

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 296
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 12/22/2017 9:51:57 AM   
Simulacra53

Will this still happen - or will it be turned in a new game?
The awards drew attention.

(in reply to jtbb64)
Post #: 297
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 12/22/2017 10:16:25 AM   
roy64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulacra53

Will this still happen - or will it be turned in a new game?
The awards drew attention.

He's not been on line for months .

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 298
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 12/22/2017 2:01:42 PM   
kirk23

Hi, guys so sorry for long delay in posting any info regarding the Rise and Fall Of An Empire Mod. First thing is I'm amazed that the mod received an award, considering the fact that it is still very much in the development stage.

As for the mod, it is not canceled or anything like that, the reason for the delay is the fractured skull I suffered, has left a number of brain function related issues.Added to that for months now I have been experiencing severe headaches, which has restricted the time I can spend on my PC and look at the monitor.

Some of my daily symptoms include:

a persistent headache
dizziness
feeling weak
Problems sleeping
Memory problems ( Mainly short term memory issues)
Poor Concentration.

I have only been online for a short period of time writing this, and already I'm starting to get a headache. Fingers crossed things will improve in the New Year and can get back to what I used to be like and get some serious modding done.

Make it so!

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 299
RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! - 12/22/2017 2:58:54 PM   
roy64

Sorry to hear that Kirk, take as long as you need your health is more important than any mod.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI